Can You Top This???? What's Your Low Temp?

poco

Reaction score
Okay, who is living where the temperature is the coldest???? I'm around 55 right now, so I probably shouldn't even play - anyone in the minus digits???

DES MOINES, Iowa (Jan. 10) - Snow was piled so high in Iowa that drivers couldn't see across intersections and a North Dakota snowblower repair shop was overwhelmed with business as heavy snow and wind chills as low as 52 below zero blasted much of the Midwest on Thursday.

Frigid weather also gripped the South, where a rare cold snap was expected to bring snow and ice Thursday to states from South Carolina to Louisiana. Forecasters said wind chills could drop to near zero at night in some areas.

In Bowbells, in northwestern North Dakota, the wind chill hit 52-below zero Thursday morning.

http://www.sphere.com/nation/articl...s-for-heavy-snow-frigid-temperatures/19306763

I'm in VA and our high here today was 35 degrees.

In Edinburgh we're currently at around -13

Can't top anything right now, but I used to live in Northern New York (on Canadian border) and -30 (thirty BELOW zero) was not uncommon - and we didn't even play wind chill.

I am at 73 today. Beautiful clear sunny skies! I love Southern California!

We're not as cold as some but we do have icicles 3 feet long hanging off of our house.

In Edinburgh we're currently at around -13

---------------------
Hi Sarah, glad to see you on Websleuths, Are you on celcius or farenheight? We are pretty much all on farenheight.(sp)...
I'm in Ohio.We are due for below zero tonight,its 25 right now,have 12" of snow and more 5 to 8" coming tomorrow. I an only hope for an early summer.

If that is -13 F, looks like Sarah is winning so far, lol.

Northern Illinois and our temp currently is 16. Not too bad, tomorrow night supposed to be -6. I can't wait. [/end sarcasm].

Sending our snowstorm Nore's way. Sorry Nore!:)

OK I can't even compete with temps like those posted so far-I'm in Fla.!
But, baby it's COLD outside!!
freezing.gif

http://www.weatherzine.net/blog/2010/01/06/florida-freeze-continues-tonight-frost-video-pictures/

In Kansas we are 8 right now. Our low was 4 the high was 12 The lowest windchill I saw today was -12. "miss u daddy" do you have a extra room.

It's 24 here with a wind chill of 13. Too cold for this Texan.:snooty:

Can't top a couple of you, but our current temp is -4 degrees F, and "feels like" -25F! (Yoiks!) Thankfully, I've learned the art of layering! :)

From Minnesota:
At this time, we're still under a winter storm warning. Blowing and drifting snow at the moment. Tonight's temp is expected to be -11F, tomorrow's high at 0, tomorrow night is expected to be -18F. One morning last week was a tropical -28F. It's been a little brisk the last 10+ days.

You have to be tough to live in the northern plains states in the winter....or just plain nuts. LOL :eek:

essies, what an appropriate smilie you found there! It's adorable!

Stay warm, everybody!

Y'all come out to San Francisco Bay Area where it is a warm and toasty 46 degrees at 12:20 a. m.

Supposed to get down to -30 tonight in Northern Colorado..it feels like it!

I will say though...we live at high altitude & the low humidity makes -30 far more tolerable here than in the Midwest.

From Minnesota:
At this time, we're still under a winter storm warning. Blowing and drifting snow at the moment. Tonight's temp is expected to be -11F, tomorrow's high at 0, tomorrow night is expected to be -18F. One morning last week was a tropical -28F. It's been a little brisk the last 10+ days.

You have to be tough to live in the northern plains states in the winter....or just plain nuts. LOL :eek:

Lizzies Mom...I spent a week at Christmas in MN about 10 years ago...thought i was well prepared being an old gal used to many Colorado mountain winters..nope, coldest I have EVER been on my life!

I must have spent 200 bucks on long unders and thermals to layer at the Stillwater Walmart!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back