GUILTY UT - Jesus Landin, 46, found murdered, American Fork, 28 Dec 2009

Tom'sGirl

Former Member
Reaction score
Thursday, Jan 7, 2010 @05:28pm CST

The Elko County Sheriff's office is investigating the discovery of a body near West Wendover.

The body was found around noon in a remote area in Pilot Valley, about 15 miles from the Utah/Nevada boarder near Interstate 80.

The body, we're told, was wrapped in plastic and duct tape.

No word yet on the identity of the deceased.

The Elko Daily Press is reporting the body is about 5 feet, 5 inches tall and was found in an area between the towns of Montello and West Wendover.
http://connect2utah.com/content/fulltext/?cid=69981

How much mileage was on that rental car again? :(

ETA: Never mind, doesn't sound like it is her. I hope they find out who did this to this man!

<snipped>

Joshua Powell, Susan's husband, has been named a person of interest in her case. He told police he went camping in Utah's west desert -- an area not far from where the body was found -- with his two young children the night she disappeared.

Kirk Graves, who is married to Joshua Powell's sister Jennifer, said his family had been notified of the body's discovery late Thursday. He said they are concerned it may be Susan Powell, but are waiting for more details from police.

more here http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14143528

A tweet I saw said that this area is out of cellphone range.

But why would local LE be headed out there if it was a Hispanic male? Surely they at least had some indication it was a female body?

As much as I don't want it to be Susan, if she's gone her family deserves to know.

But why would local LE be headed out there if it was a Hispanic male? Surely they at least had some indication it was a female body?

As much as I don't want it to be Susan, if she's gone her family deserves to know.

I think this is a very developing story.

Anyone finding it on the net that it is a hispanic male?

Can anyone provide a link to news of the "hispanic male" ID??

TIA!!!!

Fox News just broke in and reported this and say police are still monitoring this...that a body has been found wrapped in plastic. No word on gender, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back