Maybe KC DID drop Caylee off at Sawgrass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrankyPants

Reaction score
I read through several transcripts yesterday and came across something I'd missed before. It's in KC's first interview with Yuri on 7/16/08. KC is describing the location of "Zanny's" apartment at Sawgrass. Considering that there is often a tiny grain of truth in a liar's words AND the fact that the mention of a "shed" seems extraneous information, I am wondering if perhaps KC DID drop Caylee off at Sawgrass...in the shed she describes here: (See bolded)

7 Q Do you remember the apartment number?
8 A Two ten.
9 Q Okay.
10 A It's on the second floor.
11 Q If you were to pull into the Saw Grass Apartments would the building be the one
12 closest to the road, furtherest back, half way?
13 A As soon as you go straight you go over one speed bump and it's the first one on
14 the right hand side.
15 Q Okay, is there a pool next to it? Or is there anything about the...
16 A There's...
17 Q ...apartment that stands out?
18 A There's a welcome sign um, I guess there's a little shed close to the building
19 maybe about ten yards away.

link to transcript is here: http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_Casey-0411-071608.htm

I don't recall seeing any discussion here about this shed nor reading about any investigation of the grounds at Sawgrass besides the apartment. I'm wondering if perhaps this shed was a temporary holding place for Caylee. Is there any evidence that KC was at Sawgrass or pings that would place her there between leaving Hopespring with Caylee and later showing up at Blockbuster? Any thoughts?

This is my first time starting a thread; I hope I've done it correctly!

I personally think that the only place Caylee was dropped off at is off of Surburban Drive in the woods...
JMHO..
But then on second thought.
Who knows? She could have hid Caylee there..

I read through several transcripts yesterday and came across something I'd missed before. It's in KC's first interview with Yuri on 7/16/08. KC is describing the location of "Zanny's" apartment at Sawgrass. Considering that there is often a tiny grain of truth in a liar's words AND the fact that the mention of a "shed" seems extraneous information, I am wondering if perhaps KC DID drop Caylee off at Sawgrass...in the shed she describes here: (See bolded)

8 A Two ten.
9 Q Okay.
11 Q If you were to pull into the Saw Grass Apartments would the building be the one
13 A As soon as you go straight you go over one speed bump and it's the first one on
14 the right hand side.
16 A There's...
18 A There's a welcome sign um, I guess there's a little shed close to the building

link to transcript is here: http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_Casey-0411-071608.htm

I don't recall seeing any discussion here about this shed nor reading about any investigation of the grounds at Sawgrass besides the apartment. I'm wondering if perhaps this shed was a temporary holding place for Caylee. Is there any evidence that KC was at Sawgrass or pings that would place her there between leaving Hopespring with Caylee and later showing up at Blockbuster? Any thoughts?

You did it right. :woohoo: If I'm not mistaken, way back when, possibly on the general discussion threads, there was a discussion surrounding this idea. I'll do a quick search and tell you if I find anything. I don't believe the discussion led to anything though just that it was discussed as being a possibility.

Oh, of course I agree that she had Caylee in the trunk at some point and left her in the woods! I guess I wasn't clear in my first post. I was thinking the shed may have been a temporary "storage" place before the trunk/woods. It does seem like Caylee wasn't in the trunk the entire time between when she was last seen and when she was disposed of.

JMO, of course!

Liltigress was able to get DavidK, a Sawgrass resident, to come on and answer a bunch of questions...including about the shed. Thread here if you wanna search on keyword, "shed" and read more...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71537"]Sawgrass Resident Shares Insight - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

To me, this is a never ending loop...I appreciate the topic of the thread...it is just...at what point is any of this going to explain away KC's actions? It won't that is for mitigation, I guess. Since she seems to want to stick with the same bullcrud song and dance.

Having said that, originally KC claimed to have dropped Caylee off at that apt. complex only to later say Caylee was stolen from her at JB Park. Her check fraud case is about to happen. I would imagine at this point her very "televisioned crazed" attorneys would do almost about anything. Tick tock. Should have pled her out on the obvious check fraud charges.

To me, this is a never ending loop...I appreciate the topic of the thread...it is just...at what point is any of this going to explain away KC's actions? It won't that is for mitigation, I guess. Since she seems to want to stick with the same bullcrud song and dance.

Having said that, originally KC claimed to have dropped Caylee off at that apt. complex only to later say Caylee was stolen from her at JB Park. Her check fraud case is about to happen. I would imagine at this point her very "televisioned crazed" attorneys would do almost about anything. Tick tock. Should have pled her out on the obvious check fraud charges.

IMO, NOTHING could ever explain away KC's actions. Another crime scene, however, if previously uninvestigated, could have the potential of providing more evidence to convict.

Thanks to all who have provided links for further reading!

I agree with you-Though some of these threads are good to start or bring back around to filter through the updated lens we have, I certainly am not ready to go nuance for nuance, detail for detail again, trying to debate KC's guilt, and clog up this great thread...This thread, my humble suggestion, is a great thread for sleuthing and moving forward!
That written, KC would not have to have gone back to Sawgrass to remember the layout, she had been there many many times when AD lived there.
There is also Ms. Aleman who lived at Sawgrass, who police were steered to by an uptight KSR. I know they must have followed up on VA, her toddler (supposedly/possibly Zachary), and her Jasmyn & Michelle MySpace references (ZFG's children). Even if VA was not involved at all, LE had to have followed up on this one-They went so far as to note it in their reports. VA went to Valencia (per Facebook) and KSR told LE that Vicki was a better friend/knew KC better than she did.
Also to be noted, someone with VA's name and approx. age was arrested for disturbing the peace (IIR the charges correcly) back in October, 2008. Wonder if Ms. Aleman is a hardy partier?

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't LE tell KC they had video tapes of comings/goings on particular dates and that "whoa and behold" no entrances/exits of KC's car? I seem to remember that was part of the interview with KC...where one of the cops tells her as much.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't LE tell KC they had video tapes of comings/goings on particular dates and that "whoa and behold" no entrances/exits of KC's car? I seem to remember that was part of the interview with KC...where one of the cops tells her as much.

Yeah, but this was when she told them the 9th...I don't know if they ever got footage of the 16th. I'll have to go back and listen again (geez I hate that tape, I can't get over the fact that she actually brought LE to that place as if she worked there!)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3776838&highlight=sawgrass+shed#post3776838

For instance, here is something but it doesn't tell us anything concrete. A banned poster states that the shed pictured (post 1429 and 1430) is the one at Sawgrass, that it was searched and cleared. No link, no proof. Why and how would the poster know?
For the life of me I have no idea why I remember reading this but I think the shed pic on the wftv slideshow is from TLs camera phone. There are pics of an older gentleman and his little dog as well. I'm pretty sure abt this but it was a while back-things do get fuzzy!

...Though some of these threads are good to start or bring back around to filter through the updated lens we have, I certainly am not ready to go nuance for nuance, detail for detail again...

Respectfully snipped...It is VERY interesting to read some of the earliest transcripts through the lens of what we know now. I was listening to Lee and Casey's jail visit (second day) the other day. At one point he is saying (in code) you talked to so many people or texted this person...well now we can match them up to just who he was talking about. I had done this a few months ago as well...he was mostly talking about Jesse Grund I believe.

Yeah, but this was when she told them the 9th...I don't know if they ever got footage of the 16th. I'll have to go back and listen again (geez I hate that tape, I can't get over the fact that she actually brought LE to that place as if she worked there!)

Maybe it was an interrogation tactic?

Liltigress was able to get DavidK, a Sawgrass resident, to come on and answer a bunch of questions...including about the shed. Thread here if you wanna search on keyword, "shed" and read more...

Sawgrass Resident Shares Insight - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I just read that whole thread. It got especially interesting once it moved to the parking lot! Did anything ever come of Casey's connection to apartment 210 per all that wonderful sleuthing? TIA if anyone knows :)

8 A Two ten.
9 Q Okay.
14 the right hand side.
16 A There's...

The grain of "truth" is actually fact, which is there is a Sawgrass apt building. IMO, the mention of a shed is merely an embellishment that all pathological liars use to make their lies sound convincing. If you haven't heard about a shed in discovery, etc, then there's nothing there. Totally. Nothing. IMO, not worth pursuing.

Yup...they did say that...but we doubted there were cameras...especially ones that would have the same tape over a month later. Think we even discussed the looping.

I doubt there ever was any tape. They were just trying to trick her out of a confession.

I doubt there ever was any tape. They were just trying to trick her out of a confession.

I agree with you NTS and don't think there was a tape either. But IMO I don't think they were trying to trick her into a confession, I believe they were trying to get her to tell the the TRUTH so they could find Caylee.

[snip]

16 A There's...

[snip]

Respectfully snipped.

KC was being questioned about the apartment. I think LE wanted to determine if KC knew the layout of the apartment, i.e., had ever been inside.

KC either misunderstands or purposefully distracts since she has no lie ready for that and/or does not want to get trapped so begins to explain the apartment complex layout.

I don't think that is what LE was after and I think KC knew that but did not have an answer. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni