841 users online (127 members and 714 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Sylvia Cuttitta, 50, Staten Island, 3 Jan 2010

http://www.silive.com/eastshore/inde...ing_south.html

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Police are asking the publicís assistance locating a 50-year-old woman who was last seen in her South Beach home on Sunday.

Sylvia Cuttitta is 5-foot, 3-inches tall, weighs approximately 135 pounds and has long brown hair and a partially amputated middle finger on her left hand. She is described to be in poor mental health.

Ms. Cuttitta was last seen in her Capodanno Boulevard residence Sunday at 2 a.m.

Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPDís Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers Web site or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then entering TIP577.

All calls are strictly confidential.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Sylvia Cuttitta is 5-foot, 3-inches tall, weighs approximately 135 pounds and has long brown hair and a partially amputated middle finger on her left hand.

PIC of Sylvia Cuttitta.
    Gary Haugen

http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/com/1542504379.html
    Craigslist ad for missing: Sylvia.
    Gary Haugen

http://www.ny1.com/9-staten-island-n...arrochar-woman
    Her family contacted me about organizing a search, if anyone is in that area and able to help here is the contact email that I have. hercyndia@gmail.com
    We will never forget you Kellisue Ackernecht

Prayers she is found soon and safe!

Salem

Bumping for Sylvia.

Heartbreak for family of missing Staten Islander

Sylvia Cuttitta's winter clothes still hang on a coat rack in her South Beach home, nearly a year after she disappeared into the night in January.

[snip]

Mrs. Cuttitta, 50, was last seen at about 2 a.m. on Jan. 3 inside her 92 Capodanno Blvd. home. She was wearing her husband's leather bomber jacket, and left without ID or money.

"She left with nothing. No money. No wallet. No ID. No keys," he said. "When I think about all these that I just mentioned about her leaving with nothing... I mean, how would she live? I keep hoping that she's in the hospital somewhere, but now finding her jacket -- she left at the coldest time of the year."

[snip]

"Do you know that my next-door neighbor found the jacket a month later, on the beach, right behind my house?" Mr. Cuttitta said.

More: http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf..._of_missi.html

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Heartbreak for family of missing Staten Islander

Sylvia Cuttitta's winter clothes still hang on a coat rack in her South Beach home, nearly a year after she disappeared into the night in January.

[snip]

Mrs. Cuttitta, 50, was last seen at about 2 a.m. on Jan. 3 inside her 92 Capodanno Blvd. home. She was wearing her husband's leather bomber jacket, and left without ID or money.

"She left with nothing. No money. No wallet. No ID. No keys," he said. "When I think about all these that I just mentioned about her leaving with nothing... I mean, how would she live? I keep hoping that she's in the hospital somewhere, but now finding her jacket -- she left at the coldest time of the year."

[snip]

"Do you know that my next-door neighbor found the jacket a month later, on the beach, right behind my house?" Mr. Cuttitta said.

More: http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf..._of_missi.html
    from above link

The last time anybody spoke to her was my daughter, at about 2 o'clock in the morning," Mr. Cuttitta said. "My daughter, I don't know where she went, but she came home at 2 o'clock in the morning, and she came home, she went upstairs to her room, one flight above our bedroom. And my wife said something to the effect of,
    'You're home?' And she said, 'Yeah, I'm home.' And that was the last time any of us spoke to her."

Before the disappearance, he said, she hadn't been eating well and wasn't "associating with much."

"She hasn't been herself for quite some time," he said.

I am puzzled by this statement above. The daughter comes home at 2am, Sylvia asks you're home?
    Syliva was said to have disappeared about 2am.
    Did she get up from bed, to use the bathroom, get a drink of water,
    check on pets, what?
    Did she go outside for any reason whatsoever?
    She puts on her husband's leather jacket and ?

I can only hope the family will find an answer.
    Gary Haugen

Remains Found Near Maryland, NJ Identified as Missing Staten Island Woman

[snip]

The remains -- a skull found in August 2010 by a fishing boat in Ocean City, Md., and a tibia found in April 2011 by another fishing boat -- have been identified as Sylvia Cuttitta, 54.

More: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...199390461.html

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...199390461.html

"The ID was made by the New Jersey State Police forensics division through DNA. The medical examiner is still working to positively identify the remains."

So this was in March, it's now November, has the medical examiner officially made a ruling yet. Was the family given the remains so they can have a proper burial? I often wonder about these things when there is no follow up story.