Do-It-Yourself Books Recalled: Costly, Deadly Mistakes

STEADFAST

Reaction score
Some popular do-it-yourself books have been recalled by Oxmoor House publishing company because they contain errors in text, diagrams, etc. that could lead to serious electrical wiring mistakes. Some of the books are decades old.
--"Lowe's Complete Home Wiring" --"Sunset Basic Home Repairs" --"Sunset Complete Home Wiring" --"Sunset Complete Patio Book" --"Sunset Home Repair Handbook"--"Sunset Water Gardens" --"Sunset You Can Build -- Wiring" -- "AmeriSpec Home Repair Handbook"--"Lowe's Complete Home Improvement and Repair" http://www.kpho.com/news/22184984/detail.html
I own two of these books.:eek: Luckily, I've never tried to do any wiring.

Some popular do-it-yourself books have been recalled by Oxmoor House publishing company because they contain errors in text, diagrams, etc. that could lead to serious electrical wiring mistakes. Some of the books are decades old.
I own two of these books.:eek: Luckily, I've never tried to do any wiring.
This is SHOCKING! (pun and sentiment both intended!) I think I own three of them two and the Lowes one for sure! I will be calling that number to see what they are going to do. I bet they will send you new pages to stuff in the book to fall out!

I'm glad they put out the recall on the books.

I've never had the urge to wire or get water running to any fixture. That's what the electrician and the plumber are for. Might cost a little more in the 'now' but losing a house to a fire or water damage is a lot more 'costly' in the long run, IMO.

I'm glad they put out the recall on the books.

I've never had the urge to wire or get water running to any fixture. That's what the electrician and the plumber are for. Might cost a little more in the 'now' but losing a house to a fire or water damage is a lot more 'costly' in the long run, IMO.

My philosophy exactly!

OH NO! My son just said "If I can read how to do it then I can do it myself"!!!!! I'll have to tell him about this quick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back