Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #4

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    http://portal.unesco.org/shs/en/ev.p...CTION=201.html
    The United Nations define youth as persons between the ages of 15 and 24.

Does that help?
    LOL Thanks. OK pls people enough with the definitions of youth and youth hostels. I already feel like an idiot.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bratlings For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    I think youth means young adult when it comes to hostels. Youth hostels used to be very common and popular with college-aged Americans traveling abroad in Europe. May still be, IDK. But mosts kids this age would travel as cheaply as they could so almost exclusively stayed at "youth hostels".
    I guess I am showing my age -- I am in that "used to be" population with the Eurail pass and map of hostels on summer break

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

LOL Brat, you shouldn't feel like an idiot, youthful maybe :P

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Filed with Casey's sketch of the imaginanny
    In the "round" file.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    I would love to know what brought her to Texas in the first place and what she did there for 5 days and why she ditched the car and bought a bus ticket. Why would you ride a bus if you had a car?

I believe LE has stated that Gabriel was seen on the 26th. I am assuming on surveillance tape from the hotel where they were staying.
    because the car connected her to her past and her grandfather and she was trying to run away?

maybe she thought the car would get returned to her gg somehow without her involvement

or more likely she just didn't care

she was done with that old life

done with Logan
    done with Gabriel
    done with family

single-minded focus on getting wherever she wanted to go without regard to anyone or anything (including gramps' car)

or she was told to ditch it
    either way she didn't give a rat's behind about anyone but herself IMO

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bratlings View Post
    LOL Thanks. OK pls people enough with the definitions of youth and youth hostels. I already feel like an idiot.
    It's okay. I've stayed in hostels in N. Europe and Scandinavia and in this country. Seems like lots haven't. It's all okay. We need to learn from each other?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

I *think* (theory) that when she left Tempe on the 18th, she was headed for Miami Beach then. Now this girl couldn't even stand being in her apartment with Gabriel - she left him crying in his room all day. Imagine what it was like for her, unmedicated, infuriated with Logan, and closed up in the confines of a car with a crying baby from Dec 18 to Dec 22 when she hit San Antonio.

I *think* she wasn't making good progress. And I *think* she hated every minute of it. So she stopped in San Antonio and her fury at Logan was increasing and she spent a few days with Gabriel and realized she just couldn't do it.

Fury with Logan plus just couldn't take being with sweet little Gabriel who she didn't want and didn't like and had no feeling for.

So she realized when she stopped in San Antonio she just couldn't do her road trip to Miami Beach with him, and that was it. Once free of Gabriel, she didn't want to get back in that car again. She could sit back and relax and sleep on a bus, try to cool off and calm down. So she ditched the car, everything that reminded her of Gabriel, and hopped the bus for the rest of her trip.

I thought she had booked and paid for 7 days at the San Antonio Motel a week before she left with Gabriel.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dnrslucky1 For This Useful Post:

Here's the hostel she stayed at. It's a little more than $20 a night.

International Fun Hostel at 230 20th ST, Miami Beach FL 33139

Google Map (has Street View):

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...5&z=16&iwloc=A

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    I think when they say youth hostels in Miami they mean young adults. Most of the pictures show partying type scenes with people who are over age, but still young adults.

Now, how she got caught, I have no idea. I wonder if someone in Miami, maybe at the hostel or somewhere else, called LE. Maybe she called her Grandfather or Logan from a pay phone in Miami and they got the number (she didn't have her cell phone at that point, right ?). We know Tammi didn't call LE, she would have blurted that out (in her defense) already.

We don't know if she had the GPS in Miami when the police found her, do we ?
    That's the part I've missed out on. I didn't think she still had the cell phone because last I remember the pings stopped somewhere around Victoria TX. I'm thinking she must have called someone and they called LE, since I don't think there was anything about her being wanted or Gabriel being abducted on the national news then.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Geraldo at Large is about to discuss the Smiths.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to angeleleven For This Useful Post:

I wonder if Elizabeth had an ATM card that she used on this trip. I know it sounds stupid, for someone on the run to use an ATM, but we are not dealing with a real experienced criminal here. LE would have tracked that in a minute. She was caught how long after Logan called LE ?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bratlings View Post
    Please don't feel that way - you've brought a lot of good info here
    Rest in Peace

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

They are on the show now.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeleleven For This Useful Post:

Filed with Casey's sketch of the imaginanny
    [bbm]

hehehe

28. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Bear with me, I'm thinking out loud. Trying to think like a spoiled selfish 23 year old instead of a mother.

Why would I take a child I don't want half way across the country? Why would I not just sign off my rights and disappear? Why would I fight for the right to choose who takes my child, when I won't fight for the child himself?

1. Spite. To get back at the baby's father. Because I'm 23 and he ruined my life. Stretch marks and a little less perk in the chest area. Because I am shallow and I know it, and my looks are really all I have going for me, and that baby and that man took some of that away from me.

2. Ego. I don't want the baby, but I don't want the stigma of that man being able to tell people that he's a single father because the baby's mother walked out. He ruined my life, he will not get to look like a hero.

3. Money. This baby has to be worth something. He cost me so much, I might as well get back enough for a boob lift.

Take a whole lot anger, toss in some ego, and mix well with greed. And you get...Elizabeth Johnson.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dnrslucky1 View Post
    I thought she had booked and paid for 7 days at the San Antonio Motel a week before she left with Gabriel.
    I haven't seen that she booked in advance, only that she rented the room for 5 days when she got there.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

TS says she does not want the child now because her family is getting messed up.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to angeleleven For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    Maybe it was a "let me say where we met so you can just agree" thing - I don't know about that story.

What I am wondering is who are all the folks Tammi says commended her for turning over Gabriel to Tammi and so she can't under stand why everyone is having a problem with it now? I do think in this case, she is telling the truth. I wish the reporter had asked her and had quit inflicting "Tammi said, Tammi did" on her as that was just promoting Tammi as the authority figure and allowing Tammi a certain voice that should not be constantly promoted. Since Elizabeth can't see it as wrong to have taken Gabriel away from Logan, I think that makes it less likely she can see Tammi might have manipulated her. It sounds like the two of them were together in the hate Logan crowd. But, again, the reporter doesn't ever ask how can yopou give the baby away to two stranger who want him and justify not giving him to his father - at least when Elizabeth is answering him repeatedly about how she could give Gabriel away to strangers and how does she know he is not dead. Or ask Tammi that question as someone would have to lie and it might give the public or LE some insight on the two of them.

I'm going to listen to the second half closely, but I think about midway through that tape Elizabeth is caught in a lie - when she talks about "when you give your kid up for adoption". I don't think she would have abruptly gone to that as a reason for giving Gabriel to strangers in the park unless what she actually thought was those people were adopting the kid - which means they were set-up to adopt him. Just my hunches, could be wrong.
    Just to keep this together. I know many already know what's on this tape and some has been transcribed, esp the Jack convo - if the whole thing has been transcribed somewhere please bring it over!

Actually Tammi ask EJ why she didn't want to give Gabriel to Logan, but nothing she answers is really confronted with facts.

http://www.kpho.com/video/22155911/index.html

notice in the tape that EJ says she didn't go to the police in SA because she was afraid she would get arrested for kidnapping - Tammi immediately jumps in and say "And, who told you that?" EJ says, "Logan" at ~ 5:20

ARG!! SO then Tammi says "So, basically you were on the ledge and Logan pushed you off!"

EJ "Yes!'

Tammi, "So, did it sound like he wanted his child back or ..."

EJ "No, he....(something about seeing him the whole time .... court, etc - kind of long maybe someone can figure it out and transcribe)

Journalist "Why are you still pulling Tammi and Jack into this is you already gave away your child - and more

Tammi "Now let me ask you why you want to give your child up for adoption, why wouldn't you want the dad to have the baby?"

EJ (again, I didn't get it all - ends with Logan would make her life miserable)

Jack (the weird convo with Jack saying you will be charged for this if no one ever finds Gabriel and he is filtered back into the system and EJ says "Charged with what?" Tammi for "for murder" and a bit later that she might be in jail the rest of her life)

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by angeleleven View Post
    They are on the show now.
    Please update - I can't change the channel right now
    Rest in Peace

I'll go get the transcription of the jail call and bring it over...

(I take requests too, if there's anything anyone wants.)

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    because the car connected her to her past and her grandfather and she was trying to run away?

maybe she thought the car would get returned to her gg somehow without her involvement

or more likely she just didn't care

she was done with that old life

done with Logan
    done with Gabriel
    done with family

single-minded focus on getting wherever she wanted to go without regard to anyone or anything (including gramps' car)

or she was told to ditch it
    either way she didn't give a rat's behind about anyone but herself IMO
    BOLO was on THAT car and the license plate. Elizabeth isn't a dumb girl, according to her grandfather. She knew she had to ditch the car before the hearing on the 28th, that she was a no-show for. She couldn't risk being in that car. The Tornado bus was her best bet to get the heck outta Texas on the 27th.

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

TS says she does not want the child now because her family is getting messed up.
    yes, like she has any chance of it anyway ...

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

What exactly did she say?

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    That's the part I've missed out on. I didn't think she still had the cell phone because last I remember the pings stopped somewhere around Victoria TX. I'm thinking she must have called someone and they called LE, since I don't think there was anything about her being wanted or Gabriel being abducted on the national news then.
    She updated her MS on Dec 29. It was probably at the youth hostel. I'm thinking Logan was watching her MS and told LE, and LE traced her IP.

(Theory)

46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

I think it already was messed up but she may mean she's brought a lot of unwanted attention to her family and they don't like it.
    Rest in Peace

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast