Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratlings View Post
    You know thats what I hate about NG, she helps people skirt the answers. She never asked them if they gave her any money, instead she positioned the question and answer to be ambivalent from the get go. I havent seen all of their interviews with local networks but did any others ask them?

She does do that, but she especially has done that with the Smiths
    She also cuts people off who seem to have something substantive to add if it does not fit her point --I mean tunnel of view
    I don't remember seeing anyone ask them directly if they gave her money

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    I would love to know what brought her to Texas in the first place and what she did there for 5 days and why she ditched the car and bought a bus ticket. Why would you ride a bus if you had a car?

I believe LE has stated that Gabriel was seen on the 26th. I am assuming on surveillance tape from the hotel where they were staying.
    Wasnt the total money about $600 from the dogs and apartment rental? Assuming that is true, that amount of money is not going to support someone on a 1000 mile drive for 8 days, including the luxury of a hotel room and a bus ticket.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bratlings For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I'm not A Closer Look - but I think J&T Smith got the message when Tempe LE came out and said that Logan has custody and the baby BELONGS with Logan. It was after this public announcement that TPS finally started talking like she understood there was no way in Hades she was going to get that baby. JMO of course.

Salem
    That's the timeframe I'm seeing a change too. Not prior. That's why it won't connect in my brain that Tammi would have, earlier, facilitated Gabriel going to someone else.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

I too question if the Smith's gave her money. I dont think anyone has come right out and asked them that have they?
    Not important, but I was wondering how she afforded a plane trip BEFORE meeting the Peters-Smiths. I mean if they met on a plane or in an airport, somebody would have had to buy her a ticket before she met them.

IDK - all too crazy.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LFlorida For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    The discussion came up on NG I believe -- NG asked where the Smiths' think she got the money for the motel, gas, bus ticket, etc
    They asserted that she sold her two yorkies and rented a room to a friend and came up with a total of $900 that she had from those two moves
    Then they asserted that she never asked them for "even a quarter"

I remember thinking, well maybe she did not have to ask because they handed her the money without her asking
    BBM... other news stories say she was living with her grandfather in his mobile home, which makes me wonder how she would be able to rent out a room in his home to someone else?

This sure seems to be one, long and twisted story, doesn't it?

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marigold For This Useful Post:

I take that with a grain of salt. I really dont even consider it to be factual at all. I also think its convenient that the day she gets on a bus to go to Florida is the day when she decided to start avoiding Tammie. Why at that point? Why not sooner or later? It's not like the baby could be verified by putting him on the phone with her.
    BBM. Isn't our source for that information Tammi herself ?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Searchfortruth For This Useful Post:

Youre right, I meant physical custody. But you bring up something I forgot... What was she doing in Texas all that time? Maybe the baby was missing long before the 27th. That makes this even more worrisome.
    It's odd to me too. It almost seems as if she was staying there for a reason, otherwise why not just be passing through on her way to Florida? Maybe that's another reason LE believes Gabriel is alive ~ she did hand off him to someone.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Wasnt the total money about $600 from the dogs and apartment rental? Assuming that is true, that amount of money is not going to support someone on a 1000 mile drive for 8 days, including the luxury of a hotel room and a bus ticket.
    Then in addition staying in Florida with no car or job? I suspect she had more money than $600. and it could've come from whoever has Gabriel. MOO
    Rest in Peace

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Then in addition staying in Florida with no car or job? I suspect she had more money than $600. and it could've come from whoever has Gabriel. MOO
    I think she had no money whatsoever in Florida, she was staying in a youth hostel.
    Last edited by Bratlings; 01-09-2010 at 10:51 PM.

I think she had no money whatsoever in Florida, she was staying in a youth hostel.
    I remember that but I didn't think those were free either.
    Rest in Peace

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

The alleged amount reported by the Smiths was 900 -- she spent $150 on the bus ticket and about $250 for the room as far as I remember

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    http://www.kpho.com/video/22155911/index.html

Listen to this bit regarding TPS and EJ meeting at an airport. Starting at about 1:50 EJ is responding to questions from a reporter on how she met the couple she claims she gave Gabriel to in San Antonio. Then TPS breaks in at about 2:20 and says "That's how WE met, in the, in the, umm, what do you call it, the airport." It's probably nothing but it just sounds so odd to me.
    BBM - It may mean something.... on NG last night (I think) there is a point where TS puts her hand on JS's leg and reminds him that they met EJ at the airport. I can't remember exactly what they were talking about - but JS was doing the talking and TS was doing the reminding.

I have some real suspicions about the meeting at the airport. EJ's grandfather did say that EJ met the Smiths while flying back from Boston. It is in one of his first interviews. Soooo..... I don't know.....

I don't believe EJ and I don't believe the Smiths. We will have to see what happens I guess

Salem

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Searchfortruth View Post
    It is as if she feels the need to bolster Elizabeth's statement. Why would she need to do that ?
    Maybe it was a "let me say where we met so you can just agree" thing - I don't know about that story.

What I am wondering is who are all the folks Tammi says commended her for turning over Gabriel to Tammi and so she can't under stand why everyone is having a problem with it now? I do think in this case, she is telling the truth. I wish the reporter had asked her and had quit inflicting "Tammi said, Tammi did" on her as that was just promoting Tammi as the authority figure and allowing Tammi a certain voice that should not be constantly promoted. Since Elizabeth can't see it as wrong to have taken Gabriel away from Logan, I think that makes it less likely she can see Tammi might have manipulated her. It sounds like the two of them were together in the hate Logan crowd. But, again, the reporter doesn't ever ask how can yopou give the baby away to two stranger who want him and justify not giving him to his father - at least when Elizabeth is answering him repeatedly about how she could give Gabriel away to strangers and how does she know he is not dead. Or ask Tammi that question as someone would have to lie and it might give the public or LE some insight on the two of them.

I'm going to listen to the second half closely, but I think about midway through that tape Elizabeth is caught in a lie - when she talks about "when you give your kid up for adoption". I don't think she would have abruptly gone to that as a reason for giving Gabriel to strangers in the park unless what she actually thought was those people were adopting the kid - which means they were set-up to adopt him. Just my hunches, could be wrong.
    Last edited by time; 01-09-2010 at 11:48 PM.

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

The only reason i suspect it was free is because it is refrred to as a "youth" hostel. I can only find one in Miami Beach on my searches and it is not for youths. Legally I have never heard of an youth being allowed to rent a room so either it was free for youths or it was an adult one and they charged.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Bratlings For This Useful Post:

No they are not free, especially "on Miami Beach" as reported
    Here is one example
    http://www.hostelmiamibeach.com/
    from $23 to $49 a night

Someone on this thread said it had lots of amenities

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast