1083 users online (211 members and 872 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OR - Alexis Pounder, 3, starved & beaten to death, Sandy, 9 Jan 2010

Mugshots at the below link. It's creepy how pleased dad looks. RIP sweet baby. Chatter is whatever happened prompted crisis/trauma counselors to resond to the scene.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/81113782.html

A couple was arrested Sunday on murder charges after a 3-year-old was found dead the day before at a home in rural Sandy.
    Donald L. Cockrell, 27, and Michelle Nicole Smith, 24, face murder charges and are scheduled to be arraigned Monday in connection with the death of the child, who police have not named.
    The arrests come after officers responded to a home in the 22000 block of Southeast Cottontail Lane and discovered a 3-year-old dead inside.
    Details about what happened to the child have not been released due to the ongoing investigation but major crime scene units were at the scene once the body was found.

More at link.

More links:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/ne...srZxmTqGQ.cspx

http://www.kgw.com/news/3-year-old-d...-81092882.html

Here is a reference I found at KGW regarding the counselors.

The county's deputy medical examinder, a child abuse team and trauma counselors were also sent to the home, he said.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 01-11-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Mugshots at the below link. It's creepy how pleased dad looks. RIP sweet baby. Chatter is whatever happened prompted crisis/trauma counselors to resond to the scene.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/81113782.html

A couple was arrested Sunday on murder charges after a 3-year-old was found dead the day before at a home in rural Sandy.
    Donald L. Cockrell, 27, and Michelle Nicole Smith, 24, face murder charges and are scheduled to be arraigned Monday in connection with the death of the child, who police have not named.
    The arrests come after officers responded to a home in the 22000 block of Southeast Cottontail Lane and discovered a 3-year-old dead inside.
    Details about what happened to the child have not been released due to the ongoing investigation but major crime scene units were at the scene once the body was found.

More at link.
    From the article you linked to which has been updated.

Results of an autopsy, released Monday morning, tell the tale of physical and nutritional child abuse that led to the death of a 3 year old there Saturday
    According to the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office, the child was living at the home with Cockrell, the biological father. Smith is Cockrell's fiance.
    Several people live in the home, including Smith's parents, who live apart from their daughter on a separate level of the house. Smith and Cockrell live in another portion of the home with five children - two of whom are Cockrell's biological children (which includes the one found dead) and three of whom are Smith's children.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index...of_3_year.html

Authorities say 3-year-old Sandy girl died from physical and nutritional abuse

"A Sandy man and his fiancee were arrested Sunday evening and accused of murder in connection with the Saturday death of the man's 3-year-old child, the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office reported.

The girl, Alexis Marie Pounder, died of physical and nutritional child abuse, according to the Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office."

Another little one, starved to death. In many ways, I think that's the cruelest abuse. Rest in peace sweet Alexis. You won't be hungry any more. I hear there are cream puffs and tangerines where you are.

I am rarely shocked or frightened by mug shots. I have to say that I had a visceral reaction to Donald Cockrell's photo. His eyes make my blood run cold. Is it just me?

Cold, dead eyes, both of them
    Another waste of a future, how can this happen?
    Didn't the family see what was happening?
    I am beginning to despair of humanity, I really am

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    I am rarely shocked or frightened by mug shots. I have to say that I had a visceral reaction to Donald Cockrell's photo. His eyes make my blood run cold. Is it just me?

Zombies. Very scary. Porch light is on but no one is home...also looks like there might be a wee drug problem to boot...
    My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.

That dude is SKEEER-REEEE! Yikes!!

Bless those kids who have to live w/ that evil monster, and prayers for little Sandy that she's safe in the arms of angels.

Come to think of it, prayers for all the defenseless children who are living w/ monsters right now that may angels rescue them.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

What a beautiful little princess she was. I hope they also charge the other adults living in the household! there is no way that they lived in the same home and didnt know what was happening. RIP Alexis.
    Happy New Years

I agree Texas Mist--DC's eyes look far more than empty or vacant to me. They look evil and malevolent!! Can you imagine being a tiny girl and looking into those?

The town's name is Sandy and is in Clackamas County, not far from Portland. The little angel is Alexis, known as Lexi. Thank goodness the other four were whisked away by DHS. DHS is missing some calls recently. This is our second child starved and abused to death in less than a month. Remember sweet Jeanette Maples from Eugene? Many many calls and reports went unanswered and she was finally murdered. When they found her, she only weighed 50 lbs. at 15 years of age. This is just tragic.

the monster in the mug shots scare me. Sometimes, even when men aren't hardened they have...different...harder eyes...but a mothers eyes...well. since she's not mother, guess that's why she doesn't have a mothers love and hurt in her eyes...but that is utterly terrifying to me
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    I agree Texas Mist--DC's eyes look far more than empty or vacant to me. They look evil and malevolent!! Can you imagine being a tiny girl and looking into those?

The town's name is Sandy and is in Clackamas County, not far from Portland. The little angel is Alexis, known as Lexi. Thank goodness the other four were whisked away by DHS. DHS is missing some calls recently. This is our second child starved and abused to death in less than a month. Remember sweet Jeanette Maples from Eugene? Many many calls and reports went unanswered and she was finally murdered. When they found her, she only weighed 50 lbs. at 15 years of age. This is just tragic.
    I think they both have emotionless dead pool eyes. I cant imagine the fear this little child had having to look into this man and woman's eyes and feeling nothing but terror.

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Even the profile pic of him on FB is just scary. As is the fact that he uploaded adorable pictures of this little girl just four days ago.

What I find even worse is that there were many family members living in this house with them! This child died in the presence of a lot of people who could have seen something and saved her. Even if the dad (and his fiancee) is a methface, ignorant abuser, what about the older adults in the home?

Boggles the mind.

MomofBoys--I think you are so right. Until we start prosecuting those who sit by and watch a child tortured, starved or beaten, it's going to keep happening. I want to scream, "What were you thinking?" I guess they weren't. To my mind they are just as guilty as the person who beat or withheld the food. In some ways, it bothers me even more because they couldn't have had the fury or the anger that the abuser did. They just idly watched.

so............ when do we get to read the first 'DCFS/CPS investigated home numerous times, found nothing wrong.' article? cause im sure one is coming soon.
    was the fiance the little girls mom? if not where is the real mom?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast