Miep Gies, Protector of Anne Frank, Dies at 100

spamelope

Reaction score
Miep Gies, the last survivor among Anne Frank’s protectors and the woman who preserved the diary that endures as a testament to the human spirit in the face of unfathomable evil, died Monday night, the Anne Frank Museum in Amsterdam said. She was 100.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/world/europe/12gies.html

RIP Miep.
It's very hard to type when you have tears flowing down your face.

I remember her using all of her ration coupons and baking a cake for the Franks and the others in hiding. It was a small gesture in light of all of her bravery, but showed how loving and thoughtful she was. She will always be one of my heros. God rest her soul.

What a wonderful,beautiful and brave woman! Could I have been so brave? Miep,you deserve all that God has to give.

What a beautiful soul. Maybe, somehow, Anne was able to greet her in the afterlife... Rest in peace, Angel of Mercy.

What a wonderful and courageous woman. God Bless her soul as she starts out on another journey.

In high school I was in the play, "The Diary of Anne Frank." I played the
b!tchy one, Mrs. VanDamn. No surprise right? LOL.

This is how I first learned of Meip. At the time there really wasn't a whole lot known about her other than what I read Mr. Frank said about her and her part in helping his family.

Thankfully there is a book along with audio and visual for us to remember Meip by.

This story must never be forgotten. I wish we could make everyone visit Anne Frank's "home" during the war. Then we could all see just what this family went through while waiting to be freed. Sadly we know this did not happen.

Rest in Peace Meip. You certainly deserve it.

Tricia
PS. Between this story and To Kill A Mocking Bird on my TV right now I am a blubbering emotional mess. ;)

RIP Miep...I played her in the 7th grade play...was so embarrased when the "kiss" scene came.

I am saddened to hear this news, but she was blessed with a very long life. She touched many people by telling her story so many times throughout the years. I think the best way to honor her memory, and that of Anne's, is to keep telling the story for years to come as well as practice tolerance and acceptance of those who are different in some way. May God bless Miep Gies, and may we celebrate her life.

May her soul be blessed for all of time, and her spirit live on forever.

(I bet Anne was waiting right there at the gate, when Miep arrived in heaven)!

Rest in peace.........

If it were not for Miep Gies guarding that diary, the world, and history, would never have known Anne Frank.

What a gift those two gave us.

RIP Miep Gies. What an extraordinary, brave and inspiring woman. I have often wondered if I could have been as brave as she was.

This if from the Anne Frank Museum website. The entry is called Miep Gies Remembers Anne Frank:
http://www.annefrank.org/content.asp?pid=242&lid=2

There should be a special place in heaven for Miep. All those people that protected the Franks were amazing and courageous.

Heaven has another Angel. RIP Miep, you have your wings now.

What an amazing woman. There is a special place in heaven for her. RIP Miep.

She was such a courageous woman and I greatly admired her. (always will)

RIP, Miep

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back