Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 912
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,225

    AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #6

    Please continue here.

    And from Hoppy on thread 5:

    "Major missing persons cases like Gabriel's bring out a lot of new posters, and we want to welcome them to WS.

    Please read and follow the TOS here at WS; we take it seriously!"

    I'll add links to past threads in just a few minutes.

    Salem

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93841"]Thread 5[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93801"]Thread 4[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93746"]Thread 3[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93665"]Thread 2[/ame]

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93421"]Thread 1[/ame]
    Last edited by Salem; 01-12-2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: add links


  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tempe, Land of Melting Sidewalks
    Posts
    571
    Thanks for the new thread.


  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marigold For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,225
    An estimated breakdown of EJ's costs might go something like this:

    $200 for gas (based on $40 per fill up and 5 fill ups - tank of gas every 200 miles for a 1,000 miles)
    $325 for nights at a motel based on $65 per night.
    $180 for the bus ticket to Miami based on the ticket seller's interview.

    Total: $705.00 Gas might have been a little cheaper and the room might have been a little less or a little more. I did not look up the rates at the motel.

    Salem


  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,382
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
    Ok, just going over things in my mind - what I'm feeling about this case at this moment.
    1. EJ did not want to keep baby - wanted to have him adopted out
    2. Smiths wanted to adopt baby, but baby daddy Logan said no.
    3. EJ pizzed off, said"F-U Logan" and made arrangements w/ Smiths to place baby
    4. Either Smiths would eventually get baby after a temp stay w/ another couple, or they helped arrange a different adoption family.
    5. EJ went along w/ plan immaculately stipulated by TS - that is, until rage and vengence took over and she just HAD to send that spiteful,evil text to Logan to dig the knife in deeper.
    6. Plans now go awry - LE informed by Logan of homicide possibility + tracked EJ.
    7. Damage control now must be instituted by all.
    Transferring from previous thread

    I agree with you up to #5 then I can see different scenarios depending on the Smith's invovlement.


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to time For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    An estimated breakdown of EJ's costs might go something like this:

    $200 for gas (based on $40 per fill up and 5 fill ups - tank of gas every 200 miles for a 1,000 miles)
    $325 for nights at a motel based on $65 per night.
    $180 for the bus ticket to Miami based on the ticket seller's interview.

    Total: $705.00 Gas might have been a little cheaper and the room might have been a little less or a little more. I did not look up the rates at the motel.

    Salem
    She had to eat, too. Plus diapers and formula for Gabriel, unless TPS was right about her getting "underground" help for that. And didn't I hear that she went to 6 Flags, or was that just a rumor?


  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,334
    Not meaning to give up a successful find of an alive baby Gabriel, I'm thinking the worst is possible.

    I want to go back to the last ping from the cell phone. 27th or 28th, depending on how you count if you go by the 3 days prior to EJ's arrest. If on the 27th, would indicate someone either calling out or a call coming in and from what I've read it was bounced off a tower near Victoria TX. If on the 28th, could mean the phone battery was dying, don't know. Nevertheless, if EJ had never been to Victoria, but the phone was, there are only two ways that could be. If someone had the phone in their possession OR the phone was in something being transported through that area. If that someone had the phone in their possession, they more than likely know about this baby. If the phone was being transported unknowingly through that area, it could mean it was in the garbage, had been picked up and was on it's way to a landfill. Do we know where the landfills are for the San Antonio area?
    My posts are my opinion only.....


  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Baznme For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tempe, Land of Melting Sidewalks
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    An estimated breakdown of EJ's costs might go something like this:

    $200 for gas (based on $40 per fill up and 5 fill ups - tank of gas every 200 miles for a 1,000 miles)
    $325 for nights at a motel based on $65 per night.
    $180 for the bus ticket to Miami based on the ticket seller's interview.

    Total: $705.00 Gas might have been a little cheaper and the room might have been a little less or a little more. I did not look up the rates at the motel.

    Salem
    Your figures look pretty good to me, I wonder how much she spent on food?


    I also wanted to mention that Ives called one of the motels EJ stayed at and posted this:
    well I did just call the hotel Just to ask how much it was for a weeks stay. $245 bucks. Not too bad. It looks really nice. Now how many other motels did she stay at on her trip? and did she actually pay for a room at Motel 6? or Just park the car there?

    Don't worry, I just asked "how much for a weeks stay?"
    Man "245.21"
    Me " OK, Thanks!"

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4666655&postcount=743"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ-Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, missing since 12-26-09 thread #5[/ame]


  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marigold For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    She had to eat, too. Plus diapers and formula for Gabriel, unless TPS was right about her getting "underground" help for that. And didn't I hear that she went to 6 Flags, or was that just a rumor?
    I head TPS say that EJ got WIC, so milk should have been covered, but she would have needed ice chest to transport it? cheese and other things are covered too, but not diapers.

    Six Flags is near the hotel and park.

    Did she leave AZ on the 20th or sooner?


  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mum For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,694
    Notice that the statement is that Elizabeth was never there, not that her phone never pinged in or near Victoria, and I not that Gabe specifically was never there. I likely am reading too much into that, I tend to do that at times.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.


  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,694
    Quote Originally Posted by mum View Post
    I head TPS say that EJ got WIC, so milk should have been covered, but she would have needed ice chest to transport it? cheese and other things are covered too, but not diapers.

    Six Flags is near the hotel and park.

    Did she leave AZ on the 20th or sooner?
    If she was getting WIC, she wouldn't have had to buy milk, cheese, formula, bread, peanut butter, cereal...I know there's more.
    You can live on a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter for awhile. Food may have cost her next to nothing.

    ETA: EJ left Tempe the 18th, as far as I know.
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 01-12-2010 at 12:21 AM.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.


  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    An estimated breakdown of EJ's costs might go something like this:

    $200 for gas (based on $40 per fill up and 5 fill ups - tank of gas every 200 miles for a 1,000 miles)
    $325 for nights at a motel based on $65 per night.
    $180 for the bus ticket to Miami based on the ticket seller's interview.

    Total: $705.00 Gas might have been a little cheaper and the room might have been a little less or a little more. I did not look up the rates at the motel.

    Salem
    thank you - it's obvious to me she must have gotten more money somewhere than what we have heard about if she ended up with $500. I still don't know of another source for the stuff the Smith's say she spent money on though, e.g., manicure - was that in court records?

    Hard to say though - did gramps give her money? The Smith's? Someone who was involved with a hand off/illegal adoption?

    Was she given some money just to get by and promised more later?

    I did think the Smith's reaction was weird tonight on Nancy Grace, when Nancy said it appeared she didn't have enough money to claim she sold the child. Was that the point they looked surprised and disappointed with Nancy's response and their faces said "Uh, oh, what's coming next if she doesn't believe that".

    And, when one attorney responded when Nancy asked how jurors would see all this, basically, like Elizabeth was out having a good time spending money, the attorney (or attorneys said) thought it would be in Elizabeth's favor because it indicates she left Gabriel with someone who was going to take care of him and she is getting on with her life.


  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Notice that the statement is that Elizabeth was never there, not that her phone never pinged in or near Victoria, and I not that Gabe specifically was never there. I likely am reading too much into that, I tend to do that at times.
    Makes me wonder what route the bus took and if it went through Victoria? Has anyone answers that with 100% certainty?


  24. The Following User Says Thank You to mum For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,694
    Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    thank you - it's obvious to me she must have gotten more money somewhere than what we have heard about if she ended up with $500. I still don't know of another source for the stuff the Smith's say she spent money on though, e.g., manicure - was that in court records?

    Hard to say though - did gramps give her money? The Smith's? Someone who was involved with a hand off/illegal adoption?

    Was she given some money just to get by and promised more later?

    I did think the Smith's reaction was weird tonight on Nancy Grace, when Nancy said it appeared she didn't have enough money to claim she sold the child. Was that the point they looked surprised and disappointed with Nancy's response and their faces said "Uh, oh, what's coming next if she doesn't believe that".

    And, when one attorney responded when Nancy asked how jurors would see all this, basically, like Elizabeth was out having a good time spending money, the attorney (or attorneys said) thought it would be in Elizabeth's favor because it indicates she left Gabriel with someone who was going to take care of him and she is getting on with her life.
    Yes, the old, I partied because I didn't think the kidnapper or nanny or nice couple in the park would hurt the child. That always works, just ask casey anthony.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.


  26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:


  27. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tempe, Land of Melting Sidewalks
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by mum View Post
    I head TPS say that EJ got WIC, so milk should have been covered, but she would have needed ice chest to transport it? cheese and other things are covered too, but not diapers.

    Six Flags is near the hotel and park.

    Did she leave AZ on the 20th or sooner?
    I was just thinking about WIC too, but at EJ's hearing, the attorney said she paid for everything with cash. I know nothing about the WIC program. Would WIC be traceable, or is it more like using a coupon from the Sunday paper?


  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marigold For This Useful Post:


  29. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mum View Post
    Right they have.

    And the part of (if he has properly established paternity) is the key here.

    When you read about birth father rights in a state such as TX. you will read about a birthfather registry. Pay attention to the part where it says he has to sign it prior to the baby birth. BTW this pertains to guys outside of a marriage, it is a given that when parents are married they need birthdads consent even if he is not the bio dad. Most guys who have sex outside of being married and impregnate a gal, do not know about a Birth Father Registry. And very very very often moms will sign a paper with the agency that says "I do not know who the father is" and on the link I had provided it states that she has the right to do that.
    LE has been all over the news, repeatedly stating that Logan is Gabriel's legal father and custodian, so that if someone has Gabriel, they will return him to his father, where he belongs.

    If LE is wrong about this, please provide a link.


Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 842
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 05:52 PM
  2. Replies: 853
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 10:20 PM
  3. Replies: 968
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 08:20 PM
  4. Replies: 982
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 11:01 AM
  5. Replies: 985
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 07:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •