Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1382

Thread: UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    My guess is they knew exactly what they were looking for, and they didn't have to look hard to get it. And they kept the van longer than they needed to, because why hurry now. If they didn't find what they wanted they'd have kept it even longer and kept looking.

I wish they'd filmed him when they served the warrant and he turned white. That reaction would be hard for him to explain in a court later on.
    I bet they did. LOL LOL

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Did any of those organized searches of all that land find Laci? No it did not. She was in the water most of the time. Had she of not washed up on shore, land searches would never have found her at all. LE knew the entire time that Laci was in the water and look how long it took for her to be found. And I suspect that LE in Utah has a pretty good idea where Susan is as well.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 01-30-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: quoted post

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seat...ll-disappeared

"JoVonna Owings clears up a misconception about the day Susan Powell disappeared".

Also the F/F Facebook page has disappeared. This happened yesterday afternoon. None of the admins have any clue what happened. They have had troll issues and suspect a hacker may have made it disappear. They have contacted FB but have not heard back from them.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Nothing to say except I really wish Susan could be found.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Susan thought it was safe having Josh in the house.
    Actually I think the record shows she wasn't so sure it was safe. But she prayed and fasted and decided to take the risk.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RayO For This Useful Post:

Update on terrain conditions for the West desert. My son just got home from camping overnight at Big Hollow. The below linked map show B-where my son was at and A-Simpson Springs Campground. While he was about an hour and half away from Simpson Springs, the area he was in is a good indicator of the weather and current terrain of the West desert. The further out from civilization you are there is more snow because you don't have the heat from a city or cars melting it off. The conditions at Simpson Springs would be worse than where my son was at.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...77533&t=h&z=10

The first thing I asked when my son walked in the door was did he have a good time. He said he wished he had snowshoes. He said in some spots the snow had a hard icy crust on top you could walk on. For the most part he said they sunk into knee to thigh deep snow. He said it was worse the further away from a road you got. I asked him if a search could be conducted out there and how effective it would be. He said snowmobiles and snowshoes would be a must. He said it would be a waste of time because you wouldn't find anything, it's all under snow. I asked him what they were doing wandering out in the snow and he said following coyote tracks. They eventually came across where a coyote had dug up the kill it had previously buried. My son was very excited over that. It must be a guy thing. lol.

I asked about searching in the hills and mountains out there. He looked at me like I was nuts and said no way. The avalanche danger is too high. Below is an article about avalanches in just one area of the state for the month of January. All over the state avalanche danger is high.

http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/...3-01-30-10.txt

A “very large” avalanche set off by a snowmobiler near Tony Grove on Thursday is the 11th confirmed human-caused slide of the month in the Logan area.

Utah Avalanche Center forecaster Toby Weed has catalogued a total of 30 avalanches in the mountains near Logan in January — a month that has seen some of the most dangerous backcountry conditions in recent memory.

More at link.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Update on terrain conditions for the West desert. My son just got home from camping overnight at Big Hollow. The below linked map show B-where my son was at and A-Simpson Springs Campground. While he was about an hour and half away from Simpson Springs, the area he was in is a good indicator of the weather and current terrain of the West desert. The further out from civilization you are there is more snow because you don't have the heat from a city or cars melting it off. The conditions at Simpson Springs would be worse than where my son was at.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...77533&t=h&z=10

The first thing I asked when my son walked in the door was did he have a good time. He said he wished he had snowshoes. He said in some spots the snow had a hard icy crust on top you could walk on. For the most part he said they sunk into knee to thigh deep snow. He said it was worse the further away from a road you got. I asked him if a search could be conducted out there and how effective it would be. He said snowmobiles and snowshoes would be a must. He said it would be a waste of time because you wouldn't find anything, it's all under snow. I asked him what they were doing wandering out in the snow and he said following coyote tracks. They eventually came across where a coyote had dug up the kill it had previously buried. My son was very excited over that. It must be a guy thing. lol.

I asked about searching in the hills and mountains out there. He looked at me like I was nuts and said no way. The avalanche danger is too high. Below is an article about avalanches in just one area of the state for the month of January. All over the state avalanche danger is high.

http://hjnews.townnews.com/articles/...3-01-30-10.txt

...& snipped...
    This is a very useful report on conditions in the West Desert and the best that I've seen from over on this side of the continental divide. Excellent information.

Thank you so much! Another report from someone when the snow is patchy would be much appreciated, and some of us along the Colorado's front range would take it as a signal to call the wvcpd and head out to help search.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post:

This is a very useful report on conditions in the West Desert and the best that I've seen from over on this side of the continental divide. Excellent information.

Thank you so much! Another report from someone when the snow is patchy would be much appreciated, and some of us along the Colorado's front range would take it as a signal to call the wvcpd and head out to help search.
    You're welcome. I wished I would have thought about the significance of where he was going camping. I would have sent a camera with him and told the guys to keep an eye out for Susan. It was a last minute grab your gear and go trip as I was heading out the door myself to do wedding stuff with my daughter. I'm kicking myself for not thinking about it.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

OK5

FWIW, I thought the painting the nail thing sounded like fun for Susan's friends. Wasn't she into make-up and everything girly? I could just see her friends getting together and doing each other's nails while laughing and talking about the *fun* things of Susan, all said with tear-brimmed eyes. IF Susan had been my friend, it would have been bitter sweet, but respectful and with love of Susan.

I also don't think Kiirsi was inappropriate in mentioning the yarn shop. Being a multi-type crafter myself, it sounded like she was very excited on the variety of yarns. She was trying to persuade people to join in a week of service and it sounded to me as if she thought the yarns at that particular store would make any projects in honor of Susan unique by the materials used. Crafters always LOVE finding new outlets for their supplies. It adds excitement to a new project when you use something different!

It must be difficult for the Hellewells to be around Josh. I really feel for them, the inner turmoil they feel. Susan missing and MAY never return and feeling Josh was responsible but they don't want to burn that bridge. IMHO, I believe Josh went to their house to use their computer to just *test* the waters on how their attitude is towards him. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable I would feel IF I were in that position, wanting to shake him to speak up, afraid to bring up *the elephant in the room*, ie his MISSING WIFE!

I also feel bad for Josh's sister and her husband. It seems there's a rift there that may never be repaired. It's sad when you begin loosing a family member in your life. I hope his sis and mom will make it through this difficult time without too much more distress.

I wish we knew where Susan was. I totally understand the gravity of how insurmountable a search around Utah would be. Most specifically this time of year. I know there's been times when people have disappeared here in California and you want to go out and look, but where to start? ............and in most areas here in So. Calif., you don't even have the snow to contend with. Just a LOT of state to take into consideration. I drove through Utah this summer, beautiful but a lot of desolate land!

Hang in there OK5. You're doing great and we're glad you're here to share with us. Tell Kiirsi she's doing just fine too, considering the circumstances. I'm sure Susan would be very proud of her.

JMHO
    fran

Last edited by fran; 01-30-2010 at 09:05 PM.

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

I just thought the BBM portion of this article was a littlem ominous.

I'm still willing to bet Susan was given some type of a sedative that day. There was a REASON Josh didn't want JoVonna to come back that night.

I also didn't know that the car alarm went off for TWO MINUTES! That's a little more than just accidentally opening the door while the alarm was on and pushing the reset button. Two minutes is a LONG time, if you think about it! ..............maybe those who mentioned previously that he may have been disconnecting a gps or something COULD be RIGHT!

JMHO
    fran

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seat...ll-disappeared

..........................snip.................... ........

She went on, “Josh said he’d take the kids out sledding while she rested, and I left at the same time he and the boys left, between 5 and 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 6.”

“I never went back into Susan’s room to tell her goodbye, something I have regretted not doing. Of course I never thought that might be the last time I’d ever see her."

JoVonna said she offered to bring the yarn back that evening but Josh said no, not to worry about it because Susan wouldn't get a chance to work on it until her next days off.

..............................snip................ .....................

“A neighbor reported he heard the Powell’s car alarm go off at around 11 p.m. for about two minutes - that’s a very long time late at night. I’m surprised no one called the police. Women are taught to push the panic button to raise attention in an emergency situation and I have always wondered if that’s what Susan did the night she went missing.”
    Last edited by fran; 01-30-2010 at 09:04 PM.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

I remember seeing a video a few days after susan went missing of the area Josh went camping in and the police were there and the snow was patchy.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

The car alarm issue continues to intrigue me. I know we've talked about it a couple of times, but I'm still not convinced he was disabling a gps. Still, I just can't wrap my fingers around what was really happening, but I do think it is important.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to diphi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by diphi View Post
    The car alarm issue continues to intrigue me. I know we've talked about it a couple of times, but I'm still not convinced he was disabling a gps. Still, I just can't wrap my fingers around what was really happening, but I do think it is important.
    Strange they would have the Van locked up and alarm set parked in the garage in the nice neighborhood they lived in.

Could Susan have ran to the Van to get out knowing the keys were usually left in it since it was in the garage and Josh had gotten the keys earlier and locked the van and set the alarm?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OK5 View Post
    They do not know why he didn't draw this lease agreement up in WA. Not sure of the computer situation there. He basically went to their house and asked if he could use the computer to get it done.
    I wonder if he needed their IP number or something that is fast to get from the computer.......in 1 click........how long was he typing?
    No one ran to get something for 1 moment???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetbeach View Post
    How long did the police have Josh's van? Like how many hours? I read they took it yesterday afternoon but he had it back by 7:30
    That's not a lot of time unless they KNEW what they were looking for.
    or put a devise on it...............
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

No matter what anyone says "the hub was a-watchin', etc" I will believe that Josh messed with the FB page via the Hellewell computers.

There is no such thing as a coincidence that he was using their computer(s) and poof went the page supporting Susan's family.

Payback for calling all that attention to "his" home, just when the media was dropping the story.

Nope. Ain't buying it.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Josh might have set that little trap or warning system before he went to bed. He might have had reason to believe she would leave in the middle of the night with the kids. She could have had the kids dressed and ready to go. Since they were dressed what better time for a camping trip.
    Last edited by Dr.Fessel; 01-30-2010 at 07:50 PM.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

I'm thinking these possiblities:

1) She ran and got in the van and locked the doors. He tried to open them and set the alarm off...

2) She ran to get in the van for safety but it was already locked (and he had the keys?). When she tried to open the van the alarm was set off.

But, why in the world did it go on for so long?

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diphi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by diphi View Post
    I'm thinking these possiblities:

1) She ran and got in the van and locked the doors. He tried to open them and set the alarm off...

2) She ran to get in the van for safety but it was already locked (and he had the keys?). When she tried to open the van the alarm was set off.

But, why in the world did it go on for so long?
    I think the fight happened right then, the alarm stopped when Susan was killed.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

A fight over the keys between husband and wife. I have seen that many times.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    I think the fight happened right then, the alarm stopped when Susan was killed.
    I'm thinking along the same lines.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diphi For This Useful Post:

Uhh...didn't mean to stop the conversation...

I am just letting all those thoughts soak in, trying to go the next step.

I think he told the truth about leaving at 12:30. He would figure someone might have seen him.

46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

I wonder if the wet spot on the carpet was halfway between the bedroom and the inside garage door. If what I think happened Susan would have taken off running to find the keys and Josh would have been jumping out of the bed. I bet they met at what was to become the wet spot.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast