Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1382

Thread: UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    BBM remember Drew Peterson also.............now Josh is next! hope you read here Josh!!!
    '

Wayne Hamberg, Josh's friend from the computer class who was a topic of a newspaper article entitled "Friend speaks out in support of Josh Powell", wrote on the wall of the Facebook group "Susan Powell Part 2" that he went to Josh's house yesterday, knocked on the door which was immediately opened by Josh, exclaiming, "and there is no peep hole", then spent two hours talking to him.

Wayne Hamberg also announced, on the wall of Susan Powell Part 2, that he was called, after he arrived back at home from his 2 hour visit with Josh, by a West Valley City Police Department detective requesting that he "go down to headquarters". Wayne stated he has a 9:00 AM appointment today, February 2, 2010. So, he may just be getting back home or he may still be there.
    Last edited by PickieChickie; 02-02-2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: punctuation, grammar

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:

This is great! Please keep us updated

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My6 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
    Could you please save the image to your computer, print it out then draw in the areas where the carpet was removed, scan it then upload it again? Thank you!
    I would try to but I have a lot going on right now so I don't really have the time to do all that...plus I have no clue how to use our scanner. That is why I tried my best to describe the area.

Look at the amended floor plan I posted and I will try to explain better: the carpet was removed from the wall behind the couch, out to the end table and love seat area on the left side, and all the way over to the entertainment center wall on the right side...and then extending halfway into the room...the carpet starts up again about where the words 'Living Room' are in the floor plan picture.

Hope that helps! Sorry I can't do more right now.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OK5 For This Useful Post:

'

Wayne Hamberg, Josh's friend from the computer class who was a topic of a newspaper article entitled "Friend speaks out in support of Josh Powell", wrote on the wall of the Facebook group "Susan Powell Part 2" that he went to Josh's house yesterday, knocked on the door which was immediately opened by Josh, exclaiming, "and there is no peep hole", then spent two hours talking to him.

Wayne Hamberg also announced, on the wall of Susan Powell Part 2, that he was called, after he arrived back at home from his 2 hour visit with Josh, by a West Valley City Police Department detective requesting that he "go down to headquarters". Wayne stated he has a 9:00 AM appointment today, February 2, 2010. So, he may just be getting back home or he may still be there.

What is it about these people that love running to the aide of a murderer? I am sure the cops have the house bugged, I hope they catch this guy in some lies.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

That is interesting they took the carpet that was under the couch.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

'

I'm not sure I understand the "there is no peep hole" part?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomCasual For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
    Wait, is that some sort of code?

"There is no peep hole!" KNOCK KNOCK - KNOCK - KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"That's because the dog took out the laundry!" KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK - KNOCK

"You will be allowed to enter!"

Pretty advanced stuff there!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DomCasual For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    I wish I knew how to quote multiple posts, but I don't, so I'm just going to respond to posts I've got something to say about.

First of all, from the neighbor interview that heard the car alarm that night: He said it was in the closed garage, the lights were out in the house, and it was at 11:45 p.m. That's 45 minutes later than we'd heard about previously.

In that same news clip, Josh said he left about midnight!

About the wet spot and a possible strangling, etc...........I hate to say this here because Susan's friends are reading here. I'll just make this quick and not go into too much detail................I have a friend who's husband attempted to kill her by strangulation. While he was strangling her, he was biting her all over the face, trying to block any airway, ie mouth, nose, ............there was BLOOD! ie............possible reason for the wet spot.

About the Cox article, what is MOST interesting to me is the quote about an upcoming news interview by the family............Although she declined to give any hints about what the press conference was going to entail, she promised, "It will be worth it when it's time."

Somthing is up!

Keep the faith! LE is working hard on this and I believe it will be solved. To anyone that's been around WS very long, we've had some long-time unsolved cases, of wife murders and disappearances, that have recently come to a point that the perp (husband) has been arrested. Recently out of NC, there's Scott Morris after a year, Jason Young after 3 years, and just yesterday there was Raven Abaora after 5 years!

There is hope for justice for Susan. I'm starting to believe we MAY not have long to wait. At least from what I've been seeing in the news lately.

JMHO
    fran
    Omg, I missed that! I'm heading over to that thread right now!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
    Oh, yes! I always throw open the door with excitement and welcome everyone without checking who's there.

not.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OK5 View Post

..............snip..................

Also, this is interesting, according to Josh - LE took his couch also...the one in front of the window. That makes me think that the wet spot could be closer to that couch, because they wanted to test it for something...

As some people started talking about the carpeting and wet spot again, I wanted to bring this post forward to remind you, or in case you didn't know, LE not only took some of the carpet, they took the couch as well.

JMHO
    fran

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Sounds like Wayne is implying JP opened the door without worrying about whether it might be media or LE...as in, he's not SCARED to answer the door. (Sounds like he should be, based on Shelby G's comments!)

P.S. - Nobody in my neighborhood has a peephole...We look out the windows instead.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mesmerized For This Useful Post:

Fran - I just noticed there is a button at the bottom right of each post that looks like a sheet of paper with end quotes and plus sign over it. I have not used it but just now when I moused over it, the tool-tip said "multi-quote this message." Hope that helps!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mesmerized For This Useful Post:

As some people started talking about the carpeting and wet spot again, I wanted to bring this post forward to remind you, or in case you didn't know, LE not only took some of the carpet, they took the couch as well.

JMHO
    fran
    The part of the carpet under the couch would be great for control test to see how much fluid it took to make the original stain.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    Oh, yes! I always throw open the door with excitement and welcome everyone without checking who's there.

not.
    We're probably not very good about that. At our house, it's a race among my kids to see who can open the door first.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DomCasual For This Useful Post:

I do NOT always answer my door. IF it's a salesman or such, nope!

Many years ago we had a double solid door and you couldn't see the front door from any of the windows. I had my hubby put a peep hole thingy in.

Soooo...........is this guy saying Josh answered the door even though he didn't know who it was?

JMHO
    fran

PS..........thanks for the info Mesmerized. I think I tried that once and still couldn't figure it out. I'll try again...........fran

I do NOT always answer my door. IF it's a salesman or such, nope!

Many years ago we had a double solid door and you couldn't see the front door from any of the windows. I had my hubby put a peep hole thingy in.

Soooo...........is this guy saying Josh answered the door even though he didn't know who it was?

JMHO
    fran

PS..........thanks for the info Mesmerized. I think I tried that once and still couldn't figure it out. I'll try again...........fran
    It's definitely not a good idea, and I can't tell you how many times we've told our kids to check. The salesmen thing is a pain - I've started having the kids explain that we are on the phone, so that they can experience the awkwardness of the situation they created by opening the door to begin with. But more importantly, it's not very safe - even in a safe neighborhood.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomCasual For This Useful Post:

Powell House & Front Door

The Powell's home sits at the end of the cul de sac. You can view from the front window any person driving toward the house for the entire block. You can view the front porch from the front window. The floor plan given is not 100% accurate. The living room windows are 'bay'. LE stood on the front porch to break out the window during the first welfare check at the home.

But here's a question for you all -- why would the glass from the window be outside of the house and on the front porch. If you break a window from outside -- doesn't the glass fall inside the house?

That has been bothering me. But I don't have any experience with breaking windows and where the glass would fall. Maybe it's nothing about nothing, but thought I would ask here.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UtahMom For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the info UtahMom.

About the window glass. From what I know, if the window was broken from the outside, the glass should be inside the house. LE said there was no evidence of break-in, so ????????????

I don't know the answer to your question on why there was glass on the outside.

fran

About the window glass. From what I know, if the window was broken from the outside, the glass should be inside the house. LE said there was no evidence of break-in, so ????????????

fran
    It is my understanding that LE used the broken window to access the interior of the home. I would think that using a baton, for example, and breaking the window enough for a man to climb in, would be quite messy, and glass would go all over the place. He may well have used a gloved hand to move broken glass out of the way so as to not cut himself climbing in. I would think glass would be both inside and outside.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

fran
    If you break a window from the outside, small pieces right where you hit it will go flying inside, but large pieces will remain attached to the frame by the caulking. So LE probably removed those pieces by pulling them outward, and then just dropping them to the ground right there below the window.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RayO For This Useful Post:

Anybody see this in the Deseret News article comments?

"Wayne Hamberg | 3:21 p.m. Feb. 2, 2010
    It is my belief GIFFORD LIED yesterday to assist Police in setting up Josh Powell.

The Cox have failed to maintain any relationship with their grandkids though the Powell's invited the cox to their home to visit the grand kids."

Who's to say it was really WH commenting, but still...How naive can a person be? Believing what JP says as if it's gospel, and being shocked LE might provide "disinformation" to/through the media. What a load of...well, you know.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mesmerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerized View Post

It is my belief GIFFORD LIED yesterday to assist Police in setting up Josh Powell.

The Cox have failed to maintain any relationship with their grandkids though the Powell's invited the cox to their home to visit the grand kids."

Who's to say it was really WH commenting, but still...How naive can a person be? Believing what JP says as if it's gospel, and being shocked LE might provide "disinformation" to/through the media. What a load of...well, you know.

Could you please post a link to that story? I would sure appreciate it.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerized View Post

I wonder how that would set up Josh?

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Here's the Link to the Deseret News Story

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to UtahMom For This Useful Post:

Once again, I must have missed something.

Did Shelby Gifford say the Coxes were not allowed to see the kids? I don't recall that. I have heard that they won't let the boys visit the Coxes outside of the Powells' home.

Even that seems strange - although, not stranger than anything else about the Powells. Other than wanting to control the information the boys might share with the Coxes, what possible reason could Josh have for not wanting to let them go visit their Grandparents in their Grandparents' home? Let's say he's innocent. You have these seemingly-kind people who have gone through a tragedy that is about as bad as anything anyone could imagine. And in spite of your acting like a general putz since this all happened, they've treated you with kindness through the process. So they want to spend a Saturday with your boys. Where is the harm?

It's just one more thing that he does that just doesn't fit with the actions of an innocent person. I can't say I have any personal precedent upon which to draw in such a situation. But I think most people have fairly consistent processes of decency and compassion. Josh's is either so outside the norm that it's shocking; or he is trying to cover something up. I think most everyone who has followed this at any level has a pretty good feel for which one of those describes Josh.

48. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DomCasual For This Useful Post:

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556 LastLast