Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1382

Thread: UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Maybe we should start a new thread. Or rather then a new thread, maybe we should start breaking things down into topics, so that it can easily be located in the future.
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue_Dolphin308 For This Useful Post:

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the "there is no peep hole" part?
    You can buy them at the hardware store. They are so you can see who is at your door before you open it. (You drill a hole in your door then put one side through the inside of the door and the other through the outside then screw both sides together. It is usually brass and has a wide angle lense.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:

Gin

Quote Originally Posted by UtahMom View Post
    The Powell's home sits at the end of the cul de sac. You can view from the front window any person driving toward the house for the entire block. You can view the front porch from the front window. The floor plan given is not 100% accurate. The living room windows are 'bay'. LE stood on the front porch to break out the window during the first welfare check at the home.

But here's a question for you all -- why would the glass from the window be outside of the house and on the front porch. If you break a window from outside -- doesn't the glass fall inside the house?

That has been bothering me. But I don't have any experience with breaking windows and where the glass would fall. Maybe it's nothing about nothing, but thought I would ask here.

When they broke the window, I'm assuming they pulled all the glass that was still clinging to the window frame out and put it on the porch rather than inside the house.

Quote Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
    You can buy them at the hardware store. They are so you can see who is at your door before you open it. (You drill a hole in your door then put one side through the inside of the door and the other through the outside then screw both sides together. It is usually brass and has a wide angle lense.)
    Great description-just wanted to add that they are generally called security viewers. Guess hardware guys decided at some point the old term peep holes wasn't too sophisticated.
    I believe in being a resolute voice for crime victims who can no longer speak for themselves.

I'm trying desperately to stay caught up. Quickly, did BFF Wayne post anything after he was hauled in for an interview by LE? Thanks!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

I'm thinking Josh took a bit of time answering the door because that door knocker didn't have the secret code, knock..knock..knock...........knock knock. Hence the peep hole remark.

UtahMom, thanks for posting the link Gwenabob asked me for...I had already logged off for the night and didn't see the request until just now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mesmerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerized View Post
    Anybody see this in the Deseret News article comments?

"Wayne Hamberg | 3:21 p.m. Feb. 2, 2010
    It is my belief GIFFORD LIED yesterday to assist Police in setting up Josh Powell.

The Cox have failed to maintain any relationship with their grandkids though the Powell's invited the cox to their home to visit the grand kids."

Who's to say it was really WH commenting, but still...How naive can a person be? Believing what JP says as if it's gospel, and being shocked LE might provide "disinformation" to/through the media. What a load of...well, you know.
    This truly irritates me. It's another situation where if Josh had nothing to hide he'd be cooperating with the Cox's just like he should be cooperating with LE. So is WH Josh's new part time attorney or spokesperson? WH is painting himself out to be an idiot and when Josh IS convicted, he will eat his words. How hurtful to use a word like "LIED." Wouldn't it have been more tactful to say something like "that wasn't entirely true," or "They failed to explain the whole story." Instead he calls the parents of a missing woman LIARS???

Granted, this could have been an impostor, but from what we already know about this DB, I wouldn't put it past him. Surely even folks like Kiirsi would be offended by such BS.
    Last edited by seekingsusan; 02-03-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Gwenabob - I see you're lurking. I just wanted to say I was first "introduced" to you on the Tribune threads and I've always liked your witty and wise comments. Any new searches planned by IDRINKCOKE? My boyfriend hunts out in the area that IDRINKCOKE was searching and he's convinced it would be a great place to hide Susan. It's around a town called Elberta. Apparently the roads, while some are gravel, are always well maintained, even in snow storms. But it is extremely flat and littered with sage brush, not to mention the coyotes. Next time he goes out to hunt game I'll be going too, but I'll be hunting for Susan. Best to you.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to seekingsusan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by seekingsusan View Post
    Gwenabob - I see you're lurking. I just wanted to say I was first "introduced" to you on the Tribune threads and I've always liked your witty and wise comments. Any new searches planned by IDRINKCOKE? My boyfriend hunts out in the area that IDRINKCOKE was searching and he's convinced it would be a great place to hide Susan. It's around a town called Elberta. Apparently the roads, while some are gravel, are always well maintained, even in snow storms. But it is extremely flat and littered with sage brush, not to mention the coyotes. Next time he goes out to hunt game I'll be going too, but I'll be hunting for Susan. Best to you.

I recall that IDRINKCOKE mentioned seeing LE teams searching same area that one weekend...Anybody know which LE department the officers he saw were from?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mesmerized For This Useful Post:

I know that people discussed Josh and Susan's favorite camping spots, but didn't learn that he even owned a motorcycle until more recently. Does anyone have more information about his rides, or happen to know where he liked to take it? He might have been much more familiar with the state than had been mentioned, if he took off on even a few afternoon rides while Susan was at work.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by seekingsusan View Post
    Thank you for the compliments. I think IDRINKCOKE is planning to keep searching until Susan is found. I don't live in Utah and have visited only a couple times, so I am not very knowledgeable about the geography. But looking at a map and satellite photo, I would have to say Elberta looks like a good spot to search.

Every day, several times a day, I log in hoping to see a headline heralding Josh's arrest. It cannot come soon enough for me. There is no doubt in my mind he is responsible for this crime. I wish I lived in Utah so I could help search as well.

Best to you as well, and let us know if you see any LE out searching when you go out.
    Last edited by gwenabob; 02-03-2010 at 08:10 PM.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

Prayers that Susan will be found soon.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I think a new thread would be a good idea.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    One thought I've had. Josh found out Susan was planning on leaving. Either found the bank a/c or other info and confronted her. A argument insued and either one of them said they were leaving with the boys and a struggle took place-the car alarm went off (11:45) and she was down. He said he left around 12:30 am. Could be and could be later, but enough time to clean the spot, pack up the boys and go "smoring".

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Yes this too familiar scenario is typically what triggers violence and seems to be the consensus of many here that this is indeed what most likely transpired.

But for all this evolution of thought, the question remains, WHY NO ARREST YET???

Prayers for these little boys who are so loved by their mother... and that their mommy can be found.

Last edited by kiki the parrot; 02-04-2010 at 03:51 PM.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kiki the parrot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    BBM "JOSH"

Thought I better correct that. It can't be Josh because Kiirsi says he does not watch any reports on tv or get on the internet.
    That is what Josh told Kiirsi who hasn't spent every waking moment with him since Susan disappeared and has no way of knowing if JP is lying or telling the truth.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:

Somewhat tangential, but some may find this Powell-related discussion of interest...

http://mormonmatters.org/2009/12/24/...with-the-kids/
    Last edited by RayO; 02-04-2010 at 07:33 PM. Reason: typo

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RayO For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RayO View Post
    Somewhat tangential, but some may find this Powell-related discussion of interest...

Thank you, RayO. This is interesting to me. And that reply number 4, from someone named Ray, is a very nicely expressed summation of the way I feel as well. I am not and never have been LDS, but I do have a deep abiding interest in the great variety of belief systems in this world and the meanings they hold for those of faith. I'm a believer in a God who is great enough to speak in many ways.

Obviously we don't know the full context of the ultimatum/deadline/goal Susan set that Josh was going to have to meet or not meet, but it does seem central to the case. As so many on these threads have said, the ending time of a relationship can be a time of real danger.
    Usually lurking and praying

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mary For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    Thank you, RayO. This is interesting to me. And that reply number 4, from someone named Ray, is a very nicely expressed summation of the way I feel as well.
    For the record, that is not me. I am not participating in that discussion, I just stumbled upon the page.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to RayO For This Useful Post:

Gotcha, RayO. And I did think it might be, so thanks for answering my implied question. But in any case, that other Ray's take on the issue is remarkably close to the one that I developed as I read through these six threads, innumerable newspaper articles and a bunch of LDS and former-LDS discussions of issues like these online. I just finished reading the whole conversation at your link and really found it fascinating.
    Last edited by Mary; 02-04-2010 at 09:08 PM.
    Usually lurking and praying

I'd be surprised

BBM "JOSH"

Thought I better correct that. It can't be Josh because Kiirsi says he does not watch any reports on tv or get on the internet.
    I'd be surprised to learn JP has not got on the Internet once since December 7, 2009. People who are accustomed to frequent, ongoing use of the Internet just don't quit cold turkey one day.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PickieChickie For This Useful Post:

Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel
    BBM "JOSH"

Quote Originally Posted by PickieChickie View Post
    I'd be surprised to learn JP has not got on the Internet once since December 7, 2009. People who are accustomed to frequent, ongoing use of the Internet just don't quit cold turkey one day.
    Hmmm...can't help but wonder, does he actually go online but no one knows about it? Under a different name, via IP hide? If Kiirse was around him all the time it'd be easier to believe. But now especially with him being in Washington, no one really knows.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexisFresca For This Useful Post:

Checking for any news.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nurselady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RayO View Post

Thanks for the link Rayo. You are right, it is an interesting discussion. Many, many pages ago, here in this thread, I tried to bring up the same questions - but it didn't fly.

I'm destine to always wonder how the folks here (i.e. women) feel about an ultimatum that includes; "Iím Leaving With the Kids".

44. The Following User Says Thank You to sniperacer For This Useful Post:

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556 LastLast