1222 users online (215 members and 1007 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Canada - Little girl in critical condition after ingesting methadone, Halifax

RIVERVIEW - A 23-month-old girl from southeastern New Brunswick has been transferred to a Halifax hospital after ingesting the drug methadone.
    The child remains in critical condition at the IWK Health Centre in Halifax as of Monday evening, according to police.
    "We received a 9-1-1 call and the RCMP as well as the paramedics were on scene," RCMP Const. Chantal Farrah said. "The little girl is still in critical condition."

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.c...article/917054

WTF is wrong with people? The fact that this young child was around ANY kind of meds she could get ahold of easily infuriates me. I pray this precious baby can recover and I hope she is placed with decent parents when she does....

prayers said.

Unfortunately the baby girl died.
    http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2010/...done-died.html

Last Updated: Thursday, January 14, 2010 | 10:42 AM ET

CBC News

A 23-month-old New Brunswick girl who ingested methadone last week has died.
    The toddler died at the IWK Health Centre in Halifax on Wednesday, RCMP Const. Chantal Farrah said in a news release Thursday.
    The girl, whose name hasn't been released, had been listed in critical condition after drinking the drug used to treat opiate addicts.
    The police investigation has been upgraded.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    rest in peace baby girl
    and may justice be done for you

So sad. Rip sweet little angel.

how in the heck does stuff like this happen.
    why was she still with idiots recovering from opiate addiction in the first place.

Oh how awful............is this what happened to our Haleigh also.........dumb father with a stash? and a stupid girlfriend that wasn't watching Haleigh???
    I think it happens more than we know of..............R.I.P. baby girl.........
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I am a recovering opiate addict who went through methadone treatment, all while working full time and attending school, and I don't think being an addict automatically constitutes you are an idiot. What constitutes being an idiot and irresponsible is leaving your dangerous medication out where you toddler can get ahold of it.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by gaia227 View Post
    I am a recovering opiate addict who went through methadone treatment, all while working full time and attending school, and I don't think being an addict automatically constitutes you are an idiot. What constitutes being an idiot and irresponsible is leaving your dangerous medication out where you toddler can get ahold of it.
    maybe it was my lack of punctuatiion but that was my point exactly.
    and if they are leaving it out like that with a toddler around, maybe they are still on drugs anyways.

you know this story hurts to even read i'm not sure how you get deemed stable while on methadone treatment. I"m not saying anything bad against anyone who is recovering, but for these reasons ALONE you should ALWAYS have to go to the "drug shops" to drink the cocktail in front of someone. But if not always, surely if there is a child in the presence of an adult on such treatments
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    maybe it was my lack of punctuatiion but that was my point exactly.
    and if they are leaving it out like that with a toddler around, maybe they are still on drugs anyways.

No worries. I thought that might be what you meant. I didn't mean to sound harsh or offended but sometimes things get lost in translation.

You can certainly abuse methadone, take more and get high which is why Suboxone is becoming a more preferred treatment because you simply can't get high when you take it. I was surprised to read they had the liquid methadone. Usually that is only given out at clinics where you go every day and drink your dose. In my experience when you get a prescription for it they give it to you in pill form.

The liquid form is flavored to taste like cherry or whatever. I could see this poor little girl drinking it because she thought it was Kool-Aid or something. So sad.

When you are taking your methadone like you are suppose to you just feel normal. Basically you are taking it so you don't go into withdrawal and you slowly drop your dose until you wean yourself off which can take years.
    Last edited by gaia227; 01-14-2010 at 05:05 PM.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

No worries. I thought that might be what you meant. I didn't mean to sound harsh or offended but sometimes things get lost in translation.

You can certainly abuse methadone, take more and get high which is why Suboxone is becoming a more preferred treatment because you simply can't get high when you take it. I was surprised to read they had the liquid methadone. Usually that is only given out at clinics where you go every day and drink your dose. In my experience when you get a prescription for it they give it to you in pill form.

The liquid form is flavored to taste like cherry or whatever. I could see this poor little girl drinking it because she thought it was Kool-Aid or something. So sad.

When you are taking your methadone like you are suppose to you just feel normal. Basically you are taking it so you don't go into withdrawal and you slowly drop your dose until you wean yourself off which can take years.
    OMG if she thought it was kool aid poor kid

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    This is so sad.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Breaks my heart. RIP baby girl.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane

I can't believe these parents had the liquid! My mom is on Methadone for pain- prior to that it was Oxycontin. I prefer her on the methadone.. though even that is destroying her mind and body.

They used to have the Methadose (huge pill, you are supposed to break it up to be 4 doses) but from what I understand they took it off the market because people were taking the entire thing at one time and dying.

I hate drugs, I really do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast