870 users online (122 members and 748 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,019

    The Duct Tape

    Again, something we've discussed before but this is an interesting interview with Henry Lee:



    http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0311/03/lkl.00.html


    KURTIS: Dr. Lee, didn't you take a look at some tape in the JonBenet Ramsey case, reexamine it?

    LEE: Yes. Yes, I did. Yes.

    KURTIS: And there was nothing became of that.

    LEE: Well, that's a two-inch tape and it's been used. It's not like the Laci Peterson case, which, as I say, I cannot comment too much on that.



    Used. So why do IDI get away with using the missing roll of duct tape as evidence of an intruder?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,223
    How indeed?
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,040
    Another thing that was taking away in the arguements....And IDI can't argue it wasn't used cause of no residue around JonBenet's mouth...And if she struggle there would be evidence of that too....
    Knowledge of time is precious.Wisdom of truth is more precious than time..Opinions I write are mine..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,878
    There was no indutrial sized spool of cord, so it must have been brought by the intruder. There was no roll of duct tape, so it must have been brought by the intruder.

    There were no fingerprints on the batteries, so the flashlight must have belonged to the intruder.

    Yet the intruder didn't think to bring pen or paper.
    I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrishope View Post
    There was no indutrial sized spool of cord, so it must have been brought by the intruder. There was no roll of duct tape, so it must have been brought by the intruder.

    There were no fingerprints on the batteries, so the flashlight must have belonged to the intruder.

    Yet the intruder didn't think to bring pen or paper.
    This "intruder" carried out contradictory acts to the max....
    "To do is to be"-Nietzsche
    "To be is to do"-Kant
    "Do be do do be do"- Sinatra
    Only your song matters in the end..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Again, something we've discussed before but this is an interesting interview with Henry Lee:



    http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0311/03/lkl.00.html


    KURTIS: Dr. Lee, didn't you take a look at some tape in the JonBenet Ramsey case, reexamine it?

    LEE: Yes. Yes, I did. Yes.

    KURTIS: And there was nothing became of that.

    LEE: Well, that's a two-inch tape and it's been used. It's not like the Laci Peterson case, which, as I say, I cannot comment too much on that.



    Used. So why do IDI get away with using the missing roll of duct tape as evidence of an intruder?
    More on that: I became of that statement a long time ago. But you try and tell them that.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    Stage lights and duct tape
    Written by Caitlin Rice -Argonaut
    Tuesday, 24 October 2006

    A fishing tackle box of fake eyelashes, cotton balls, lipstick, earrings and hair spray is never far from this beauty contestant’s side during a show.
    “Everyone has a roll of duct tape around,” says Miss Idaho contestant Krysta Schell of Idaho Falls.
    This beauty queen essential can be used to fix a ripped gown — usually caused by a stiletto going through the hem — and keep a dress in place, or a girl might wrap it around herself to add a little extra cleavage.
    http://www.uiargonaut.com/content/view/2536/37/
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,019
    See also Dr Lee's book page 178 in which he discusses Det Byfield finding duct tape and duct tape strands on the backs of paintings, including one from JBR's room.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,223
    Let's call a spade a spade here, folks: it doesn't make much sense for an intruder to be carrying a USED piece of tape around in his pocket, does it? Of course, IDI will just say that whatever it was taken off of, he took with him from the house. Yeeeeeahhhh...that's it!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Let's call a spade a spade here, folks: it doesn't make much sense for an intruder to be carrying a USED piece of tape around in his pocket, does it? Of course, IDI will just say that whatever it was taken off of, he took with him from the house. Yeeeeeahhhh...that's it!
    Yes, as a souvenir or trophy. Or. that Dr Lee was a hired gun who said anything the BPD wanted him to say...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrishope View Post
    There was no indutrial sized spool of cord, so it must have been brought by the intruder. There was no roll of duct tape, so it must have been brought by the intruder.

    There were no fingerprints on the batteries, so the flashlight must have belonged to the intruder.

    Yet the intruder didn't think to bring pen or paper.


    Yep, the cord's another thing that drives me nuts. Everbody has random lengths of cord and string in their homes from parcels or whatever so there may not have been a spool in the house to match anyway - especially for so artsy and craftsy a person as Patsy and as boatie as John...


    But also, Pam staged a one woman raid on the crime scene, the Ramseys weren't searched on leaving the crime scene and John was missing for a time (not to mention his walk in the foothills later that day*) so it is mad for IDI to make such a big thing of the cord not matching anything in the house.

    Anyway, all of this aside, I've yet to see a satisfactory argument for the duct tape being applied while JBR was at least unconscious, possibly dead.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Yes, as a souvenir or trophy. Or. that Dr Lee was a hired gun who said anything the BPD wanted him to say...
    Exactly. I've danced that dance enough times to have memorized the steps.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    According to reports (was it ST?) there was no indication of struggle against the tape (saliva, evidence of sticky residue on JB's tongue). There was a perfect set of child's lip prints. Tape on a live child would show evidence that she'd struggled against the tape (with her tongue or movement of her lips).
    It was the lack of this evidence, as well as what appeared to be lip prints (from still lips) that caused the conclusion that she was not moving (dead or unconscious). That tape alone would not prevent lip movement on a live person. It was not large enough, and it was not sticky enough to prevent such movement.
    Try it. I did.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Let's call a spade a spade here, folks: it doesn't make much sense for an intruder to be carrying a USED piece of tape around in his pocket, does it? Of course, IDI will just say that whatever it was taken off of, he took with him from the house. Yeeeeeahhhh...that's it!
    Yep,he also took with him all those pages that were missing from the note pad.Now why would he do THAT?!

    Why bother?He already left 3 pages of his writing behind.There's only ONE explanantion for those missing pages IMO.Someone didn't want us to know that it wasn't a genuine RN.Why else would you need to PRACTICE and get rid of those pages?You'd think an intruder must have been busy getting rid of OTHER incriminating pieces of evidence right?
    The rice is already cooked...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
    Yep,he also took with him all those pages that were missing from the note pad.Now why would he do THAT?!

    Why bother?He already left 3 pages of his writing behind.There's only ONE explanantion for those missing pages IMO.Someone didn't want us to know that it wasn't a genuine RN.Why else would you need to PRACTICE and get rid of those pages?You'd think an intruder must have been busy getting rid of OTHER incriminating pieces of evidence right?
    I think if the R’s had a bit more time to think, they would have made the pad disappear, however, it’s also possible they didn’t know the Sharpie and pad could be conclusively linked to the RN.
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Poll: What was the duct tape used for?
    By natsound in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 355
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 07:33 AM
  2. Duct tape???
    By Toltec in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 11:22 PM