The Duct Tape

Sophie

Reaction score
Again, something we've discussed before but this is an interesting interview with Henry Lee:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0311/03/lkl.00.html

KURTIS: Dr. Lee, didn't you take a look at some tape in the JonBenet Ramsey case, reexamine it?

LEE: Yes. Yes, I did. Yes.

KURTIS: And there was nothing became of that.

LEE: Well, that's a two-inch tape and it's been used. It's not like the Laci Peterson case, which, as I say, I cannot comment too much on that.

Used. So why do IDI get away with using the missing roll of duct tape as evidence of an intruder?

Another thing that was taking away in the arguements....And IDI can't argue it wasn't used cause of no residue around JonBenet's mouth...And if she struggle there would be evidence of that too....

There was no indutrial sized spool of cord, so it must have been brought by the intruder. There was no roll of duct tape, so it must have been brought by the intruder.

There were no fingerprints on the batteries, so the flashlight must have belonged to the intruder.

Yet the intruder didn't think to bring pen or paper.

There was no indutrial sized spool of cord, so it must have been brought by the intruder. There was no roll of duct tape, so it must have been brought by the intruder.

There were no fingerprints on the batteries, so the flashlight must have belonged to the intruder.

This "intruder" carried out contradictory acts to the max....

Again, something we've discussed before but this is an interesting interview with Henry Lee:

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0311/03/lkl.00.html

KURTIS: Dr. Lee, didn't you take a look at some tape in the JonBenet Ramsey case, reexamine it?

LEE: Yes. Yes, I did. Yes.

KURTIS: And there was nothing became of that.

LEE: Well, that's a two-inch tape and it's been used. It's not like the Laci Peterson case, which, as I say, I cannot comment too much on that.

Used. So why do IDI get away with using the missing roll of duct tape as evidence of an intruder?

More on that: I became of that statement a long time ago. But you try and tell them that.

Stage lights and duct tape
Written by Caitlin Rice -Argonaut
Tuesday, 24 October 2006

A fishing tackle box of fake eyelashes, cotton balls, lipstick, earrings and hair spray is never far from this beauty contestant’s side during a show.
“Everyone has a roll of duct tape around,” says Miss Idaho contestant Krysta Schell of Idaho Falls.
This beauty queen essential can be used to fix a ripped gown — usually caused by a stiletto going through the hem — and keep a dress in place, or a girl might wrap it around herself to add a little extra cleavage.
http://www.uiargonaut.com/content/view/2536/37/

See also Dr Lee's book page 178 in which he discusses Det Byfield finding duct tape and duct tape strands on the backs of paintings, including one from JBR's room.

Let's call a spade a spade here, folks: it doesn't make much sense for an intruder to be carrying a USED piece of tape around in his pocket, does it? Of course, IDI will just say that whatever it was taken off of, he took with him from the house. Yeeeeeahhhh...that's it!

Let's call a spade a spade here, folks: it doesn't make much sense for an intruder to be carrying a USED piece of tape around in his pocket, does it? Of course, IDI will just say that whatever it was taken off of, he took with him from the house. Yeeeeeahhhh...that's it!

Yes, as a souvenir or trophy. Or. that Dr Lee was a hired gun who said anything the BPD wanted him to say...

Yep, the cord's another thing that drives me nuts. Everbody has random lengths of cord and string in their homes from parcels or whatever so there may not have been a spool in the house to match anyway - especially for so artsy and craftsy a person as Patsy and as boatie as John...

But also, Pam staged a one woman raid on the crime scene, the Ramseys weren't searched on leaving the crime scene and John was missing for a time (not to mention his walk in the foothills later that day*) so it is mad for IDI to make such a big thing of the cord not matching anything in the house.

Anyway, all of this aside, I've yet to see a satisfactory argument for the duct tape being applied while JBR was at least unconscious, possibly dead.

Yes, as a souvenir or trophy. Or. that Dr Lee was a hired gun who said anything the BPD wanted him to say...

Exactly. I've danced that dance enough times to have memorized the steps.

According to reports (was it ST?) there was no indication of struggle against the tape (saliva, evidence of sticky residue on JB's tongue). There was a perfect set of child's lip prints. Tape on a live child would show evidence that she'd struggled against the tape (with her tongue or movement of her lips).
It was the lack of this evidence, as well as what appeared to be lip prints (from still lips) that caused the conclusion that she was not moving (dead or unconscious). That tape alone would not prevent lip movement on a live person. It was not large enough, and it was not sticky enough to prevent such movement.
Try it. I did.

Yep,he also took with him all those pages that were missing from the note pad.Now why would he do THAT?!

Why bother?He already left 3 pages of his writing behind.There's only ONE explanantion for those missing pages IMO.Someone didn't want us to know that it wasn't a genuine RN.Why else would you need to PRACTICE and get rid of those pages?You'd think an intruder must have been busy getting rid of OTHER incriminating pieces of evidence right?

Yep,he also took with him all those pages that were missing from the note pad.Now why would he do THAT?!

Why bother?He already left 3 pages of his writing behind.There's only ONE explanantion for those missing pages IMO.Someone didn't want us to know that it wasn't a genuine RN.Why else would you need to PRACTICE and get rid of those pages?You'd think an intruder must have been busy getting rid of OTHER incriminating pieces of evidence right?
I think if the R’s had a bit more time to think, they would have made the pad disappear, however, it’s also possible they didn’t know the Sharpie and pad could be conclusively linked to the RN.

I think if the R’s had a bit more time to think, they would have made the pad disappear, however, it’s also possible they didn’t know the Sharpie and pad could be conclusively linked to the RN.

Even down to the INK from the sharpie.

I suspect part of the reason for leaving the pad n pen was to set up the housekeeper;likewise,saying the note was on the stairs suggested this as well.

I suspect part of the reason for leaving the pad n pen was to set up the housekeeper;likewise,saying the note was on the stairs suggested this as well.

Thanks for bringing this up.I always thought about this...they didn't come up with a bright plan,didn't they....not enough time,stress,fear,I wonder why two smart people like them wrote such a stupid note and then (maybe) tried to pin it on the housekeeper knowing that they have such a weak 'case"?

Why was the staging so confusing if they wanted to blame it on LHP.Why didn't they add more "incriminating" stuff,why did they stage it on order to make it look like a sexual assault(if the assault was part of the staging).

It's exactly like with the RN.Why not make it SIMPLE.

Was it luck?They did such a lame job but by that they manage to confuse the entire planet.Was THIS the plan?Leave as many confusing details as possible so that LE won't be able to name anyone as the prime suspect?But by that they made it easier for LE to point fingers at THEM.

Thanks for bringing this up.I always thought about this...they didn't come up with a bright plan,didn't they....not enough time,stress,fear,I wonder why two smart people like them wrote such a stupid note and then (maybe) tried to pin it on the housekeeper knowing that they have such a weak 'case"?

Why was the staging so confusing if they wanted to blame it on LHP.Why didn't they add more "incriminating" stuff,why did they stage it on order to make it look like a sexual assault(if the assault was part of the staging).

It's exactly like with the RN.Why not make it SIMPLE.

Was it luck?They did such a lame job but by that they manage to confuse the entire planet.Was THIS the plan?Leave as many confusing details as possible so that LE won't be able to name anyone as the prime suspect?But by that they made it easier for LE to point fingers at THEM.

I think that is 100% right, Madeleine: I don't think the Ramseys thought that anyone would end up being blamed for the murder but that investigations into those people would buy the Ramseys time to get their stories straight and possibly raise areas of doubt of Ramsey guilt. I think this was also central to their investigators talking to people to whom the police would be speaking. Witnesses always have irrelevancies but the investigators could make the most of these to raise reasonable doubt and could also exploit any differences between what they were told and what police were told.

It also has to be said that Patsy seems to have been constitutionally incapable of doing anything the simple, 'less is more' way...

I think that is 100% correct, too, JMO.

(pS. I love your US flag smilies: they are gorgeous).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back