Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Misty and family psych profile

If you would like to discuss the family dynamics and psychological profiles of Misty and her family in a constructive way, please do so here.

We are not going to do this with Crystal's family. LE has stated they are not suspects in this case. However, LE has stated that Misty has not been forthright in what she knows.

Let's not turn this into a bashing. Any posts that appear to be calling the family names or bash them are subject to a TO.

The reason I wanted to try this thread is that I think the reason Misty hasn't told the truth about what happened might have a lot to do with her upbringing and background. The psych profiles have been discussed throughout threads, but never had a thread of its own. A similar thread in Caylee's forum has been interesting to read.
    Last edited by Kimster; 01-29-2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: edited bolded sections

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

There is ONLY one word needed to describe any the Croslins.... DYSFUNCTIONAL ...

And IMHO this word can also be applied to ALL players involved in this case...NOT just the Croslins...JMO

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

Short thread, Eme.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

IMO, I think emeralgem hit the nail on the head. (that is my opinion )
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lil momma For This Useful Post:

I agree that all the players in this case are dysfunctional. I went to see if LG had written anything on Misty and found this article. LG feels Misty is in denial and very disconcerting. Thought I'd share.

Misty Croslin Cumming’s Body Language Shows She’s In Denial As Well As “Tells” of Deception
    "Snip" http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblo...-of-deception/

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:

What do we know about Misty's upbringing? Did she move out of her parent's house when she went to live with Ron?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    I agree that all the players in this case are dysfunctional. I went to see if LG had written anything on Misty and found this article. LG feels Misty is in denial and very disconcerting. Thought I'd share.

Misty Croslin Cumming’s Body Language Shows She’s In Denial As Well As “Tells” of Deception
    "Snip" http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblo...-of-deception/
    I put your link over on the Misty's Body Language thread! Thanks!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Misty's childhood was unstable, and she makes mention of "when our family was apart, it was me and Timmy, all time time, we'd stay together." (Paraphrased). This is in her Hypnosis tape, I believe. Also, she makes mention of not having been in school "for years" and we know she left in the 6th grade. We also know that from the time she was 14, she was on her own, living where she could. She met Ronald In August (so she says in her HT) and that would put her at 16 when she met him and began a relationship with him. By September, she was living with him. By March, married. By August again, divorced. She was responsible for a child that is missing, involved in beat downs of family members, filed restraining orders, bailed out her husband, been in two road rage incidents and one robbery. She has been to Disneyworld and Universal, and NYC twice. She has bounced around residences as frequently AFTER she met Ronald as no doubt before she met him.

In short, Misty's life has always been unstable, and as she said once "doesn't look like it's gonna get better."

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

TJ had written an article regarding Misty's past.

"Snip" http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5109076.php?

In Misty's Defense Please think for a moment about Misty's life so far

Sexually abused at the hands of family members at a young age
    Very lacking education
    Describes her parents as drug users
    Says she's lived in cars before
    This tells me she has a lot of issues trusting people, putting into words descriptions of traumatic incidents, the use of drugs to ease emotional pain is not regarded is a bad thing by what her parents have modeled and that she can and will survive not matter how difficult the environment around her

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:

We only have Misty's assertions that she was molested by any family members, and her penchant for spinning tales of victimization make me doubt it. I consider it for the pathology that she discusses it. I left it out because there is no proof of it.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

Sorry, but I believe that trying to examine Misty's background and her upbringing is nearly impossible. All we have, as debs pointed out, is Misty's version and I for one discount Misty's claims. She is deceptive and we have even been told by LE that her account of the evening Haleigh disappeared lacks clarity.
    If only we had an unbiased, third party who would be able to shed some light on Misty growing up and her family dynamics.
    I always tend to believe people are a product of their environment but there can be true moments of influence from outsiders who can turn a life around.
    On this thread, I will make a better reader than a poster. I'm looking forward to reading other members' post to try and explain Misty and her motives. jmo
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to azwriter For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure how unbiased she is, but Misty's grandmother who had her for a time when she was littler, said she struggled in school. A lot. The pressure of a child to do well in school, confounded by the dis-ease at home, will either profoundly succeed despite the odds against them, or be consumed by it. Misty was consumed.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

Found this interesting article on "Adult children of Alcoholics/Drug Abusers". I'm basing this assumption on Misty's claims about her parents:

The American psychologist Janet G. Woititz was one of the first who paid real attention to the situation for adult children of addicts, with her book "Adult Children of Alcoholics". In this book, she elucidated various characteristics that she found in many of these adult children. A few of these can be that they:

* have to guess what normal behaviour is in many situations,
    * have difficulties completing projects,
    * lie when it is equally simple to tell the truth,
    * are self-judgmental,
    * have difficulties having fun,
    * take themselves very seriously,
    * have problems in intimate relationships,
    * overreact to changes which they can't control,
    * are always looking for approval and confirmation,
    * think they're different,
    * are either extremely responsible or extremely irresponsible,
    * are extremely loyal, also to people who do not deserve it,
    * are impulsive.
    <snipped>

http://www.web4health.info/en/answer...alcoholics.htm

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

We're talking about a criminal mastermind, here. She wasn't raised by a bunch of dummies, imo. They have outwitted the FBI, the FDLE, and PCSO. The rx addiction and arrests are a smokescreen.

I'm thinking Mob connections - it's the only way to explain it. Not necessarily the Italian Mafia. There are plenty of mobsters in the Detroit - Youngstown area. IIRC, the Croslins did live in Michigan, didn't they?

Maybe, just maybe, they ended up in Satsuma as part of the federal witness protection program. Flagler County has had several residents from the witness protection program residing there. [One was arrested last year for beating up a customer in his pizza joint.]
    Last edited by Kimster; 01-13-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: removed questionable adjective

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LFlorida For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Misty's childhood was unstable, and she makes mention of "when our family was apart, it was me and Timmy, all time time, we'd stay together." (Paraphrased). This is in her Hypnosis tape, I believe. Also, she makes mention of not having been in school "for years" and we know she left in the 6th grade. We also know that from the time she was 14, she was on her own, living where she could. She met Ronald In August (so she says in her HT) and that would put her at 16 when she met him and began a relationship with him. By September, she was living with him. By March, married. By August again, divorced. She was responsible for a child that is missing, involved in beat downs of family members, filed restraining orders, bailed out her husband, been in two road rage incidents and one robbery. She has been to Disneyworld and Universal, and NYC twice. She has bounced around residences as frequently AFTER she met Ronald as no doubt before she met him.

In short, Misty's life has always been unstable, and as she said once "doesn't look like it's gonna get better."
    Great summation debs.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast