Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Misty and family psych profile

Kimster is offline WS Adminstrator, Verified Posters Liaison

Misty and family psych profile

If you would like to discuss the family dynamics and psychological profiles of Misty and her family in a constructive way, please do so here.

We are not going to do this with Crystal's family. LE has stated they are not suspects in this case. However, LE has stated that Misty has not been forthright in what she knows.

Let's not turn this into a bashing. Any posts that appear to be calling the family names or bash them are subject to a TO.

The reason I wanted to try this thread is that I think the reason Misty hasn't told the truth about what happened might have a lot to do with her upbringing and background. The psych profiles have been discussed throughout threads, but never had a thread of its own. A similar thread in Caylee's forum has been interesting to read.
    Last edited by Kimster; 01-29-2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: edited bolded sections

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

There is ONLY one word needed to describe any the Croslins.... DYSFUNCTIONAL ...

And IMHO this word can also be applied to ALL players involved in this case...NOT just the Croslins...JMO

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

Short thread, Eme.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

IMO, I think emeralgem hit the nail on the head. (that is my opinion )
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lil momma For This Useful Post:

I agree that all the players in this case are dysfunctional. I went to see if LG had written anything on Misty and found this article. LG feels Misty is in denial and very disconcerting. Thought I'd share.

Misty Croslin Cumming’s Body Language Shows She’s In Denial As Well As “Tells” of Deception
    "Snip" http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblo...-of-deception/

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:

What do we know about Misty's upbringing? Did she move out of her parent's house when she went to live with Ron?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    I agree that all the players in this case are dysfunctional. I went to see if LG had written anything on Misty and found this article. LG feels Misty is in denial and very disconcerting. Thought I'd share.

Misty Croslin Cumming’s Body Language Shows She’s In Denial As Well As “Tells” of Deception
    "Snip" http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblo...-of-deception/
    I put your link over on the Misty's Body Language thread! Thanks!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Misty's childhood was unstable, and she makes mention of "when our family was apart, it was me and Timmy, all time time, we'd stay together." (Paraphrased). This is in her Hypnosis tape, I believe. Also, she makes mention of not having been in school "for years" and we know she left in the 6th grade. We also know that from the time she was 14, she was on her own, living where she could. She met Ronald In August (so she says in her HT) and that would put her at 16 when she met him and began a relationship with him. By September, she was living with him. By March, married. By August again, divorced. She was responsible for a child that is missing, involved in beat downs of family members, filed restraining orders, bailed out her husband, been in two road rage incidents and one robbery. She has been to Disneyworld and Universal, and NYC twice. She has bounced around residences as frequently AFTER she met Ronald as no doubt before she met him.

In short, Misty's life has always been unstable, and as she said once "doesn't look like it's gonna get better."

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

TJ had written an article regarding Misty's past.

"Snip" http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5109076.php?

In Misty's Defense Please think for a moment about Misty's life so far

Sexually abused at the hands of family members at a young age
    Very lacking education
    Describes her parents as drug users
    Says she's lived in cars before
    This tells me she has a lot of issues trusting people, putting into words descriptions of traumatic incidents, the use of drugs to ease emotional pain is not regarded is a bad thing by what her parents have modeled and that she can and will survive not matter how difficult the environment around her

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:

We only have Misty's assertions that she was molested by any family members, and her penchant for spinning tales of victimization make me doubt it. I consider it for the pathology that she discusses it. I left it out because there is no proof of it.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

Sorry, but I believe that trying to examine Misty's background and her upbringing is nearly impossible. All we have, as debs pointed out, is Misty's version and I for one discount Misty's claims. She is deceptive and we have even been told by LE that her account of the evening Haleigh disappeared lacks clarity.
    If only we had an unbiased, third party who would be able to shed some light on Misty growing up and her family dynamics.
    I always tend to believe people are a product of their environment but there can be true moments of influence from outsiders who can turn a life around.
    On this thread, I will make a better reader than a poster. I'm looking forward to reading other members' post to try and explain Misty and her motives. jmo
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to azwriter For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure how unbiased she is, but Misty's grandmother who had her for a time when she was littler, said she struggled in school. A lot. The pressure of a child to do well in school, confounded by the dis-ease at home, will either profoundly succeed despite the odds against them, or be consumed by it. Misty was consumed.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

Found this interesting article on "Adult children of Alcoholics/Drug Abusers". I'm basing this assumption on Misty's claims about her parents:

The American psychologist Janet G. Woititz was one of the first who paid real attention to the situation for adult children of addicts, with her book "Adult Children of Alcoholics". In this book, she elucidated various characteristics that she found in many of these adult children. A few of these can be that they:

* have to guess what normal behaviour is in many situations,
    * have difficulties completing projects,
    * lie when it is equally simple to tell the truth,
    * are self-judgmental,
    * have difficulties having fun,
    * take themselves very seriously,
    * have problems in intimate relationships,
    * overreact to changes which they can't control,
    * are always looking for approval and confirmation,
    * think they're different,
    * are either extremely responsible or extremely irresponsible,
    * are extremely loyal, also to people who do not deserve it,
    * are impulsive.
    <snipped>

http://www.web4health.info/en/answer...alcoholics.htm

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

We're talking about a criminal mastermind, here. She wasn't raised by a bunch of dummies, imo. They have outwitted the FBI, the FDLE, and PCSO. The rx addiction and arrests are a smokescreen.

I'm thinking Mob connections - it's the only way to explain it. Not necessarily the Italian Mafia. There are plenty of mobsters in the Detroit - Youngstown area. IIRC, the Croslins did live in Michigan, didn't they?

Maybe, just maybe, they ended up in Satsuma as part of the federal witness protection program. Flagler County has had several residents from the witness protection program residing there. [One was arrested last year for beating up a customer in his pizza joint.]
    Last edited by Kimster; 01-13-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: removed questionable adjective

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LFlorida For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Misty's childhood was unstable, and she makes mention of "when our family was apart, it was me and Timmy, all time time, we'd stay together." (Paraphrased). This is in her Hypnosis tape, I believe. Also, she makes mention of not having been in school "for years" and we know she left in the 6th grade. We also know that from the time she was 14, she was on her own, living where she could. She met Ronald In August (so she says in her HT) and that would put her at 16 when she met him and began a relationship with him. By September, she was living with him. By March, married. By August again, divorced. She was responsible for a child that is missing, involved in beat downs of family members, filed restraining orders, bailed out her husband, been in two road rage incidents and one robbery. She has been to Disneyworld and Universal, and NYC twice. She has bounced around residences as frequently AFTER she met Ronald as no doubt before she met him.

In short, Misty's life has always been unstable, and as she said once "doesn't look like it's gonna get better."
    Great summation debs.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Speaking of one being the product of their upbringing...look at LC & HC. Everything they have accumulated over the years together they can pack into the trunk of the car. That doesn't seem like much of an attachment and speaks little of building a life together, much less a family for their children.

Look at all the trouble TC has been in; particularly lately. Someone already outlined the troubles Misty's had since this case started. The only child who seems to want a different life is the one in Massachusetts. There's always a "good child" in ever dysfunctional family who wants to do things right and make the parents happy when it's really quite impossible.
    Last edited by JusticePrevails; 01-13-2010 at 06:43 PM.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JusticePrevails For This Useful Post:

I am stunned that Lisa and Hank have been together and remained married for 25 yrs. This is highly unusual, considering what all the problems they allegedly have. I doubt they are severe as people are led to believe.

Hank had his own busines and it was Drywall, inc. I do not know how well it did but there had to be income at one time. They are drifters but so are the Cummings. The croslins may have moved to find work, where the cummings move to get away and restart in a different home.

Misty was most likely a problem child. We have not heard about it but it is there. I would like to know if Juvenile Hall was part of her upbringing...I would bet on it. Is is anyone's guess on what she did to do time, which I believe she had to do at some point. This girl has no boundaries and leaps on the best train coming by. She does not connect with people in a bonding way but appears to do well in a criminal sort of way. I do not see Tommy and Timmy in the same way. Tommy has seen his share of trouble since rc entered his life but it was pretty benign before. He apparently liked to smoke weed but had no trouble with the law till his sister married RC.

If you look at all the problems we have seen with the croslin family, it appears it all started happening in 09. They may have been poor and they may be alcoholics and possibly Hank got hooked on pain meds (he may have had some help) but they had not been arrested and done time for drugs or crime till 2009.

I would like to know if misty has ever cut herself. If so, that would allow me to label her a definite Borderline. She has all the other necessary characteristics. She posseses all the personality features for a narcissistic/antisocial personality to come along and manage her, as she is easy to control if you have something she is after.
    Last edited by Whisperer; 01-13-2010 at 07:33 PM.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Hmmmm iirc, per a pre-marriage interview with Teresa N., Haleigh's grandmom, Misty is the best girl Ron has ever had. So, we have that.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    Hmmmm iirc, per a pre-marriage interview with Teresa N., Haleigh's grandmom, Misty is the best girl Ron has ever had. So, we have that.
    If that's the case, Quiche, her own words are that her life was bad before (and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any better) and those words do not fit with being considered the best, only to be discarded 8 months later. It would seem she had the world at her feet when she met Ronald and his family. It was not sustained, and therefore we have to assume she is either completely toxic and the Cummings family had to excise her from their midst, or the toxicity was compounded when Ron (bringing his own special toxicity) and Misty hooked up, and we are where we are today.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

We cannot ignore the age of Misty at the start of this relationship with Ronald. She was 16. She was thrust into an instant mother role, a wife role, and caretaker for a home. Having had little guidance in her earlier years, and running free to be with and do with her friends what she wanted, to be suddenly tied down to a man with two children, is a lot of pressure on someone like Misty.

Further, if she is to be believed, her earlier-in-life sexual abuses weighs into her latching onto a man 8 years her senior. While in later life, 8 years isn't much of a separation, we're talking about a girl whose psycho-social development is for all intents and purposes retarded before the 6th grade. Street savvy she may be, but we all know that's not the only way to get through life (by the seat of ones' pants).

She brought stunted development to those children (not that they really had a well developed adult around them anyway) and was made their primary caregiver. In that last day, we see that Ron dropped the children off and took off .... for work. That same day, the narrative is that Jr slept most of the day. When is there any time for attention from daddy?

In any case, Misty WAS a legally defined victim of sexual abuse by being involved with an adult male. Whether she saw herself as a victim is another matter. Being a victim for Misty means there has to be a payoff. The payoff at the time was a wedding ring, so no victimization charges.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

I do agree with you debs, misty paints herself as the perpetual victim (but ironically finds her strength in ron)and wants to be made to feel better by somebody else. She is needy and wants to be taken care of. She is also vindictive and does not have boundaries. She is self-absorbed and wants attention and posesses no clue on how to make that happen w/o drama. She may see pregnancy as her only chance to have a person love her. She is not to be trusted or believed. She exists in a fantasy filled world and has resorted to sex and drugs to make her ideal life happen.
    Last edited by Whisperer; 01-13-2010 at 09:40 PM.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I am stunned that Lisa and Hank have been together and remained married for 25 yrs. This is highly unusual, considering what all the problems they allegedly have. I doubt they are severe as people are led to believe.

Hank had his own busines and it was Drywall, inc. I do not know how well it did but there had to be income at one time. They are drifters but so are the Cummings. The croslins may have moved to find work, where the cummings move to get away and restart in a different home.

Misty was most likely a problem child. We have not heard about it but it is there. I would like to know if Juvenile Hall was part of her upbringing...I would bet on it. Is is anyone's guess on what she did to do time, which I believe she had to do at some point. This girl has no boundaries and leaps on the best train coming by. She does not connect with people in a bonding way but appears to do well in a criminal sort of way. I do not see Tommy and Timmy in the same way. Tommy has seen his share of trouble since rc entered his life but it was pretty benign before. He apparently liked to smoke weed but had no trouble with the law till his sister married RC.

If you look at all the problems we have seen with the croslin family, it appears it all started happening in 09. They may have been poor and they may be alcoholics and possibly Hank got hooked on pain meds (he may have had some help) but they had not been arrested and done time for drugs or crime till 2009.

I would like to know if misty has ever cut herself. If so, that would allow me to label her a definite Borderline. She has all the other necessary characteristics. She posseses all the personality features for a narcissistic/antisocial personality to come along and manage her, as she is easy to control if you have something she is after.
    BBM, I've been thinking that Misty and Ron seem to complement each other in some dysfunctional way. He seeks power through intimidation and threats of violence, and his acquaintances more often than not end in altercations. Misty supports this by taking his side and seeming to look up to him, validating the tough-guy image he'd like to have. Meanwhile, Misty is able to use his hair-trigger temper to play the victim when he loses it and to pit him against other people, i.e. Tommy and CJ, fulfilling her own attention needs. They may do some nasty things to each other, fake pregnancies, cheat on each other, spew verbal abuse, get divorced, but I think they'll be together awhile, because together they create a lot of drama, which is what they thrive on. Or that's what I see, anyway. MOO.

Also, I've wondered what Hank and Lisa's drug histories are. Whisperer, you say they may be alcoholics, where did you hear that? I think at one time Misty described them as "crackheads," but of course her testimony is suspect. If they have had drug problems prior to this year, I wonder what her father's drug of choice was before pills. He owned a drywall business, so I wonder if he's someone who is willing and capable of working, but tends to lose it and spiral into addiction. That could result in frequent moves, living in cars, the family getting split up, etc.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to archenemy toenail For This Useful Post:

I do agree with you debs, misty paints herself as the perpetual victim (but ironically finds her strength in ron)and wants to be made to feel better by somebody else. She is needy and wants to be taken care of. She is also vindictive and does not have boundaries. She is self-absorbed and wants attention and posesses no clue on how to make that happen w/o drama. She may see pregnancy as her only chance to have a person love her. She is not to be trusted or believed. She exists in a fantasy filled world and has resorted to sex and drugs to make her ideal life happen.
    BBM, but if you're referencing her claiming to be pregnant the weekend before Haleigh disappeared, if she had a pregnancy test that she'd taken from Chelsea, I wonder if there was something going on that made her need to try harder to get Ron's attention. If cousin Jo was in town and there was a fight about a gun before her bender, could she have been on the outs with him regarding that because she'd been busy pitting Jo and Ron against each other? And then to stir the pot more, she claimed to be pregnant, knowing that he would react with anger because he was already mad about something else? And then to add pepper to the pot, she takes off and has a fling with WBG, intentionally playing to Ron's temper and mutual need for drama so that their eventual making up would be more intense, which led to a final show-down on Monday, catching Haleigh in the cross-fire, and here we are? And now another layer is added to it because she is Ron's heroine, helping to cover their crime, and now they're bound for life? If she was pushing the threshold and he pushed back, something gave way and broke, and here we are, MOO.
    Last edited by archenemy toenail; 01-13-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: attempt to make some semblance of an intelligent point

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to archenemy toenail For This Useful Post:

Misty and ron are the perfect storm. He is a narcissist and she is the ideal personality for a "N". She is the invert of rc. If she had a good job or money, he wouldn't resist her, as rc is very attracted to money. He doesn't like to spend his own but LOVES to spend other people's.
    MC likes the fact that he can buy her things. I am willing to bet she was in constant conflict about her feelings for Haleigh. On one hand, Haleigh could get rc to buy things for misty; OTOH, Haleigh was an obstacle for total control of rc and any money he had. I think she used Haleigh to her benefit but lost control and didn't like her when left alone with the tiny girl.

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

I am willing to bet she was in constant conflict about her feelings for Haleigh. On one hand, Haleigh could get rc to buy things for misty; OTOH, Haleigh was an obstacle for total control of rc and any money he had. I think she used Haleigh to her benefit but lost control and didn't like her when left alone with the tiny girl.
    Haleigh and Jr were also a constant reminder that Ron had a long relationship before her. A visual reminder that he loved Crystal enough to make babies with her.

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KariKae For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast