Misty and family psych profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
If you would like to discuss the family dynamics and psychological profiles of Misty and her family in a constructive way, please do so here.

We are not going to do this with Crystal's family. LE has stated they are not suspects in this case. However, LE has stated that Misty has not been forthright in what she knows.

Let's not turn this into a bashing. Any posts that appear to be calling the family names or bash them are subject to a TO.

The reason I wanted to try this thread is that I think the reason Misty hasn't told the truth about what happened might have a lot to do with her upbringing and background. The psych profiles have been discussed throughout threads, but never had a thread of its own. A similar thread in Caylee's forum has been interesting to read.

There is ONLY one word needed to describe any the Croslins.... DYSFUNCTIONAL ...

And IMHO this word can also be applied to ALL players involved in this case...NOT just the Croslins...JMO

IMO, I think emeralgem hit the nail on the head. (that is my opinion :))

What do we know about Misty's upbringing? Did she move out of her parent's house when she went to live with Ron?

I agree that all the players in this case are dysfunctional. I went to see if LG had written anything on Misty and found this article. LG feels Misty is in denial and very disconcerting. Thought I'd share.

Misty Croslin Cumming’s Body Language Shows She’s In Denial As Well As “Tells” of Deception
"Snip" http://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...’s-in-denial-as-well-as-“tells”-of-deception/

I put your link over on the Misty's Body Language thread! Thanks!

Misty's childhood was unstable, and she makes mention of "when our family was apart, it was me and Timmy, all time time, we'd stay together." (Paraphrased). This is in her Hypnosis tape, I believe. Also, she makes mention of not having been in school "for years" and we know she left in the 6th grade. We also know that from the time she was 14, she was on her own, living where she could. She met Ronald In August (so she says in her HT) and that would put her at 16 when she met him and began a relationship with him. By September, she was living with him. By March, married. By August again, divorced. She was responsible for a child that is missing, involved in beat downs of family members, filed restraining orders, bailed out her husband, been in two road rage incidents and one robbery. She has been to Disneyworld and Universal, and NYC twice. She has bounced around residences as frequently AFTER she met Ronald as no doubt before she met him.

In short, Misty's life has always been unstable, and as she said once "doesn't look like it's gonna get better."

TJ had written an article regarding Misty's past.

"Snip" http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5109076.php?

In Misty's Defense Please think for a moment about Misty's life so far

Sexually abused at the hands of family members at a young age
Very lacking education
Describes her parents as drug users
Says she's lived in cars before
This tells me she has a lot of issues trusting people, putting into words descriptions of traumatic incidents, the use of drugs to ease emotional pain is not regarded is a bad thing by what her parents have modeled and that she can and will survive not matter how difficult the environment around her

We only have Misty's assertions that she was molested by any family members, and her penchant for spinning tales of victimization make me doubt it. I consider it for the pathology that she discusses it. I left it out because there is no proof of it.

Sorry, but I believe that trying to examine Misty's background and her upbringing is nearly impossible. All we have, as debs pointed out, is Misty's version and I for one discount Misty's claims. She is deceptive and we have even been told by LE that her account of the evening Haleigh disappeared lacks clarity.
If only we had an unbiased, third party who would be able to shed some light on Misty growing up and her family dynamics.
I always tend to believe people are a product of their environment but there can be true moments of influence from outsiders who can turn a life around.
On this thread, I will make a better reader than a poster. I'm looking forward to reading other members' post to try and explain Misty and her motives. jmo

I'm not sure how unbiased she is, but Misty's grandmother who had her for a time when she was littler, said she struggled in school. A lot. The pressure of a child to do well in school, confounded by the dis-ease at home, will either profoundly succeed despite the odds against them, or be consumed by it. Misty was consumed.

Found this interesting article on "Adult children of Alcoholics/Drug Abusers". I'm basing this assumption on Misty's claims about her parents:

The American psychologist Janet G. Woititz was one of the first who paid real attention to the situation for adult children of addicts, with her book "Adult Children of Alcoholics". In this book, she elucidated various characteristics that she found in many of these adult children. A few of these can be that they:

* have to guess what normal behaviour is in many situations,
* have difficulties completing projects,
* lie when it is equally simple to tell the truth,
* are self-judgmental,
* have difficulties having fun,
* take themselves very seriously,
* have problems in intimate relationships,
* overreact to changes which they can't control,
* are always looking for approval and confirmation,
* think they're different,
* are either extremely responsible or extremely irresponsible,
* are extremely loyal, also to people who do not deserve it,
* are impulsive.
<snipped>

http://www.web4health.info/en/answers/add-adult-children-of-alcoholics.htm

We're talking about a criminal mastermind, here. She wasn't raised by a bunch of dummies, imo. They have outwitted the FBI, the FDLE, and PCSO. The rx addiction and arrests are a smokescreen.

I'm thinking Mob connections - it's the only way to explain it. Not necessarily the Italian Mafia. There are plenty of mobsters in the Detroit - Youngstown area. IIRC, the Croslins did live in Michigan, didn't they?

Maybe, just maybe, they ended up in Satsuma as part of the federal witness protection program. Flagler County has had several residents from the witness protection program residing there. [One was arrested last year for beating up a customer in his pizza joint.]

Misty's childhood was unstable, and she makes mention of "when our family was apart, it was me and Timmy, all time time, we'd stay together." (Paraphrased). This is in her Hypnosis tape, I believe. Also, she makes mention of not having been in school "for years" and we know she left in the 6th grade. We also know that from the time she was 14, she was on her own, living where she could. She met Ronald In August (so she says in her HT) and that would put her at 16 when she met him and began a relationship with him. By September, she was living with him. By March, married. By August again, divorced. She was responsible for a child that is missing, involved in beat downs of family members, filed restraining orders, bailed out her husband, been in two road rage incidents and one robbery. She has been to Disneyworld and Universal, and NYC twice. She has bounced around residences as frequently AFTER she met Ronald as no doubt before she met him.

In short, Misty's life has always been unstable, and as she said once "doesn't look like it's gonna get better."

Great summation debs.

Speaking of one being the product of their upbringing...look at LC & HC. Everything they have accumulated over the years together they can pack into the trunk of the car. That doesn't seem like much of an attachment and speaks little of building a life together, much less a family for their children.

Look at all the trouble TC has been in; particularly lately. Someone already outlined the troubles Misty's had since this case started. The only child who seems to want a different life is the one in Massachusetts. There's always a "good child" in ever dysfunctional family who wants to do things right and make the parents happy when it's really quite impossible.

I am stunned that Lisa and Hank have been together and remained married for 25 yrs. This is highly unusual, considering what all the problems they allegedly have. I doubt they are severe as people are led to believe.

Hank had his own busines and it was Drywall, inc. I do not know how well it did but there had to be income at one time. They are drifters but so are the Cummings. The croslins may have moved to find work, where the cummings move to get away and restart in a different home.

Misty was most likely a problem child. We have not heard about it but it is there. I would like to know if Juvenile Hall was part of her upbringing...I would bet on it. Is is anyone's guess on what she did to do time, which I believe she had to do at some point. This girl has no boundaries and leaps on the best train coming by. She does not connect with people in a bonding way but appears to do well in a criminal sort of way. I do not see Tommy and Timmy in the same way. Tommy has seen his share of trouble since rc entered his life but it was pretty benign before. He apparently liked to smoke weed but had no trouble with the law till his sister married RC.

If you look at all the problems we have seen with the croslin family, it appears it all started happening in 09. They may have been poor and they may be alcoholics and possibly Hank got hooked on pain meds (he may have had some help) but they had not been arrested and done time for drugs or crime till 2009.

I would like to know if misty has ever cut herself. If so, that would allow me to label her a definite Borderline. She has all the other necessary characteristics. She posseses all the personality features for a narcissistic/antisocial personality to come along and manage her, as she is easy to control if you have something she is after.

Hmmmm iirc, per a pre-marriage interview with Teresa N., Haleigh's grandmom, Misty is the best girl Ron has ever had. So, we have that.

Hmmmm iirc, per a pre-marriage interview with Teresa N., Haleigh's grandmom, Misty is the best girl Ron has ever had. So, we have that.

If that's the case, Quiche, her own words are that her life was bad before (and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any better) and those words do not fit with being considered the best, only to be discarded 8 months later. It would seem she had the world at her feet when she met Ronald and his family. It was not sustained, and therefore we have to assume she is either completely toxic and the Cummings family had to excise her from their midst, or the toxicity was compounded when Ron (bringing his own special toxicity) and Misty hooked up, and we are where we are today.

We cannot ignore the age of Misty at the start of this relationship with Ronald. She was 16. She was thrust into an instant mother role, a wife role, and caretaker for a home. Having had little guidance in her earlier years, and running free to be with and do with her friends what she wanted, to be suddenly tied down to a man with two children, is a lot of pressure on someone like Misty.

Further, if she is to be believed, her earlier-in-life sexual abuses weighs into her latching onto a man 8 years her senior. While in later life, 8 years isn't much of a separation, we're talking about a girl whose psycho-social development is for all intents and purposes retarded before the 6th grade. Street savvy she may be, but we all know that's not the only way to get through life (by the seat of ones' pants).

She brought stunted development to those children (not that they really had a well developed adult around them anyway) and was made their primary caregiver. In that last day, we see that Ron dropped the children off and took off .... for work. That same day, the narrative is that Jr slept most of the day. When is there any time for attention from daddy?

In any case, Misty WAS a legally defined victim of sexual abuse by being involved with an adult male. Whether she saw herself as a victim is another matter. Being a victim for Misty means there has to be a payoff. The payoff at the time was a wedding ring, so no victimization charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10