90-year-old couple wed

noZme

Reaction score
DAYTONA BEACH, FL -- Standing side by side, William Bruns and Tatjana Youngs stared into each other's youthful eyes as they recited their wedding vows Monday.
Two months ago, they were strangers, alone with the memories of a lifetime. He was a widower of seven years, a World War II pilot with two Purple Hearts, and she was a widow, a former nurse born in the Ukraine.
Both were outgoing and active -- and lonely.

Their daughters, who know each other, introduced their parents, figuring a casual friendship might develop. No one expected a whirlwind romance to bloom.

/ SNIP/

A few family members, friends and curious onlookers congratulated the beaming bride and groom, after he slipped the diamond ring on her finger and kissed her heartily.

/SNIP/

"Love knocked on the door, and I opened it," he said with a boyish grin, his new bride by his side. "We like to walk and talk together. She's very sharp, very intelligent. She was the same as I was, and beautiful." Bruns paused a moment, recounting his first impression of her. "I said to myself, 'Boy that's the babe I want.'

Youngs was equally impressed right away with Bruns. She was smitten with his energy and intellect. "He's a wonderful man and smart. A great dancer, with a great figure. He likes fishing and being with people, interesting and young people," she said with a Ukrainian accent. "I feel in love and he feels in love."

The couple might honeymoon in Mexico and will live on Seabird Island in Port Orange for now.
Youngs is widowed twice and divorced once. She said two other men had proposed, but she wasn't interested.
"I was not in love. And for the money, I don't want it. If you marry for money, it is not a happy marriage. It doesn't work," she said. "I am happy, very happy. And I feel I am young, too. Like him. It's a good feeling being in love."

Youngs said it's unfair to expect people late in life not to want a loving, caring spouse.
"Why do people marry at any age?" she said. "There's nothing wrong with this. Love is for everybody."

spacer.gif

Special Sections
News-Journal magazines and other special sections are filled with fascinating local features on subjects ranging from music, food and fashion to history, art, health and fitness.
Click here to view them all.

Didn't this story give you the warm-fuzzies?;)

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/newEAST02FAM011210.htm

Awwwww.....that's so darn sweet.
Thanks for posting.

That's so cute! It's great to find good with all the horror going on all around us.

My grandfather remarried at 91, sold his house in New Jersey and moved to Florida with his eighty-year-old bride. The family was scandalized, LOL.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back