Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ME & NH - Sarah Rogers alias Marla Moon, 29, 13 Dec 2009 - #2

I'm not so sure about that here. In the beginning, there sure were lots of details and this was a very interesting, and worrisome case, but nothing was said by the police, or the news media, when there was plenty to be said.

There might be lots of new details revealed, and things that may have come up with the case. But it may not be talked about because that's how the LE does things up here. The only reason I think it came out in the news and the police started that search a month after Sarah was gone, was because everyone raised hell and her parents almost had to force it

They must be doing something? They must have discovered even some minor details that they could report on, if they are working on this case still

Quote Originally Posted by K9-Chaser View Post
    If there isn't any news or anything new to add to the case, having a press conference, where news media would have to travel a fair amount to a location just to find out there was no news, well, that wouldn't make any sense.

Therefore what the media does is to check in with LE to find out if there is any news. If there isn't, then nothing is reported.
    Last edited by NHscs; 02-01-2010 at 08:09 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NHscs For This Useful Post:

Ok, this might be worth looking into... About a guy in NH that has been impersonating a police officer on the spaulding turnpike. Might be why she pulled over. It also mentions making one woman dump out the contents of her purse (to check for drugs). Sound familiar?

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...-1/fosnews1402

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:

Here is another one in Pembroke NH. And another in Lee NH (right off of 95)

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO119211/

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...3-03f8e031913a

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:

Bubba,
    You should look into getting Sarah placed on the National Center for Missing Adults. They have great resources, and great advocates. Their website is http://www.theyaremissed.org

Another good place to register her on is NAMUS. You can register and put her on the database yourself.
    http://www.namus.gov/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:

Another place you might want to register her with is the ME and NH state police. She is not listed on either site. You will probably have to have LE do that one for you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:

yes

Sarahs Step mother and Her Father have already done this a long time ago, but thank-you. Tips like this help a lot as I dont think any of us really new or no where to go or what to do. I still cant believe Fox has not run this nationally yet, what is there problem, I know there is a lot of ppl who go missing but not like this with out a trace and an abandoned car on a highway to me this sounds like it should be big news. WE were told she was listed on there sites in all states.... this is not so?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubba For This Useful Post:

I checked she is NOT on ANY of the sites that I listed. If they said they did, you might want to have them follow up on it cause shes not there as of 2 minutes ago. Not that this helps you feel any better but a family of 3 Bobby, Sherilyn, and their 6 year old daughter madyson went missing in October and there has been NO NEWS on them either. There car was found almost two weeks later with their dog all but dead, and over $30,000 found in the vehicle. Like I said, I know this wont make you feel any better, but for some reason the news does not seem to care about missing people anymore.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtrooper For This Useful Post:

Sarah is indeed listed at both sites. I personally had her listed. It takes a bit of time for her to show up in search engines on the sites. The National Center for Missing Adults takes a long time .It is frustrating. The NAMus site also approves all entered with NCMA before they make public. I will check into the matter as I was able to pull her case up last week and once I entered all the information it then goes to an ADM and is not longer assigned as "my case." It rolls over to NCMA.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    Another place you might want to register her with is the ME and NH state police. She is not listed on either site. You will probably have to have LE do that one for you.
    She is listed with the NCIC system so all Police are aware of her in their system. Both NH and Maine are fully aware. As to them posting her missing status on the police site, I will check as a lot of police agencies do not update their sites and/or do not place missing loved ones...or even those wanted for crimes.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

Bobby,
    Is Sarah's son your biological son? If not, just wondered where Bio dad is. I realize that this seems like grasping at straws...but I feel like I am missing something important, and I just cant put my finger on it. He is a VERY cute kid, I can only imagine how much he must miss his mother. I pray for her safe return.

Bobby,
    Is Sarah's son your biological son? If not, just wondered where Bio dad is. I realize that this seems like grasping at straws...but I feel like I am missing something important, and I just cant put my finger on it. He is a VERY cute kid, I can only imagine how much he must miss his mother. I pray for her safe return.
    Yes. Their child is theirs.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

Thank you for pointing out that Sarah was no longer on NAMus. I contacted them to inquire why and she was reinstated immediately.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4805/0/
    Never got a clear answer as to what occurred..but she is listed now. As for Missing Adults...well, they are extremely slowwwwwwwwwwwwww. Sad.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

Ok, we know that when Sarah left home, she was wearing summer clothes, shorts, sandals, and so on.

This got me wondering if Sarah was an athlethic person if she was wearing summer clothes out of season.

Did Sarah ever took cross country or track when she was in high school?

Did Sarah ever go jogging? Did she like to go jogging along trails? Did she go to the gym?

If Sarah was an athlethic person, then you have to wonder if there are any parks or trails that are nearby where Sarah's car was found?

By looking at the map, not much around the area. I would hope she wear better clothes if she was running out side. I could see it if she were going to a gym though. LONG way to go to get to a gym. No one likes the cop impersonator idea? I thought I was on to something there.

We do know that she had A LOT of extra time between when she left and when her car was found, took her a lot longer to get there than what it should have. Would the family be willing to let anyone look at the cell phone records from that month?

yes

she was very athletic but to think someone would run in summer cloths on a 10 degree day during a blizzard is
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 02-05-2010 at 02:55 PM. Reason: telling others how to think/post

May I ask....has the area around where her car was found been searched? Or is it still covered with ice and snow?
    IMO

I thought about getting a k-9 unit together, but if she went across the road and got into a south bound vehicle than dogs wont be much good. I know that they have done a couple searches so far. Bubba could tell you better.

Yes, cell phone records were obtained and reviewed by the private investigative teams and authorities.
    Sarah is thin even though she is 5'8". No, she wouldn't have decided to go jogging, or running.
    Yes searches have been conducted and of course there will be future searches, as well. Right now it is not weather permitting. It is not recommended, nor allowed, to search on ones own w/o the authorities present and their permission. They have strict rules about this due to the fact that when folks go on their own to searches and recover remains, the actual scene around could become contaminated. Just because anyone's remains may be found does not mean it was due to the elements of the weather, if you know what I mean. For example, let's say hypothetically that a "fake cop" pulled Sarah over and caused her to flee when advances were made. Who knows what could have transpired in the wooded area if remains were located. Keep in mind...this is ONLY a hypothetical as to why the general public cannot and should not do searches on their own. Believe me when I tell you if they could and if it were wise, Bubba would be the first out there!

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    May I ask....has the area around where her car was found been searched? Or is it still covered with ice and snow?
    A search was conducted earlier in January around the area and I believe 1/2 mile prior to where her car was located and 1/2 mile after. The authorities strongly believe she obtained a ride with someone from the southbound lane on I95 which is why we really want to get info out to as many as possible, everywhere. Especially if the person who gave her a ride was from out of state and passing through...a woman, a man, teenagers, etc. We need to find whomever may have given her a ride to please let us know where she was "dropped off" at. The hard part is many people do not utilize these types of sites, the web or watch a lot of television...thus is why the posters are so important to get to the public's view. I wish they would have had camera's at the turnpikes focused on cars going through, as opposed to only license plates. That would give a good indication

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Hi - has the family looked into Project Jason's partnership with 18 Wheel Angels? It is a program where volunteers, some truckers, some not, take missing person's posters with them while they travel across the country leaving them in public places. It would make a lot of sense in Sarah's case since there seems to be a possibility she got a ride with someone. I included the link below.

http://www.projectjason.org/18wheel.shtml
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

I understand all about UNMEDICATED Bipolar Disorder. Sarah needs her medications. She is irrational. I hope she is found safe and sound.

K9-Chaser is offline Verified Expert / Full-Time Professional K9SAR, SAR & Police SAR Management
    Quote Originally Posted by NHscs View Post
    I'm not so sure about that here. In the beginning, there sure were lots of details and this was a very interesting, and worrisome case, but nothing was said by the police, or the news media, when there was plenty to be said.

There might be lots of new details revealed, and things that may have come up with the case. But it may not be talked about because that's how the LE does things up here. The only reason I think it came out in the news and the police started that search a month after Sarah was gone, was because everyone raised hell and her parents almost had to force it

They must be doing something? They must have discovered even some minor details that they could report on, if they are working on this case still
    OK, if there were "... lots of details" etc., then this forum would be really busy and buzzing, with much more discussion(s).

The fact is, there are NOT many details, thus, we don't have a lot of information and not much media.

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    I believe it has been thoroughly searched. It didn't happen until Sarah's dad came................but it was searched.

JMHO
    fran

K9-Chaser is offline Verified Expert / Full-Time Professional K9SAR, SAR & Police SAR Management
    I checked she is NOT on ANY of the sites that I listed. If they said they did, you might want to have them follow up on it cause shes not there as of 2 minutes ago. Not that this helps you feel any better but a family of 3 Bobby, Sherilyn, and their 6 year old daughter madyson went missing in October and there has been NO NEWS on them either. There car was found almost two weeks later with their dog all but dead, and over $30,000 found in the vehicle. Like I said, I know this wont make you feel any better, but for some reason the news does not seem to care about missing people anymore.
    mtrooper - I am not sure why you say there was NO NEWS on the above family, but there certainly was info. on this case.

I also disagree on the news media not caring about missing people. The news is saturated every day with missing people, as it should be. But one thing that the family's of missing loved ones need to do - they need to basically 'market' their missing loved one. This is because there are SO MANY that go missing. The general public has grown weary of hearing about people who are missing. Unfortunately it takes something different - something interesting to catch the eyes and ears of people so that they watch and listen to the stories.

Keeping emotions aside here, Sarah's case lacks a lot of things that would keep her 'story' in the limelight. Is this right? No, but welcome to the world of the missing. It is almost a job in itself to keep a missing person in the media.

I am not being harsh - just realistic, and again, I don't agree with it but it's the way it is.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast