845 users online (128 members and 717 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NH - Sarah Rogers, 29, Barrington, 13 Dec 2009 - #2

Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 09:51 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

i just want to say at the outset here that i agree that le should have started a search earlier IF the the car was actually found in gear, engine running etc. however there have been multiple reports of how the car was found...i have spent time re-reading thread #1 and it seems that there are multiple accounts given not just from the media but from family as well. we have heard all about what everyone thinks le should have been doing, but for good measure i would just like to ask what was the family doing from dec.13 thru dec. 30th? when the case popped up on the pages of ws, there was not even a missing persons poster made to hand out or hang up anywhere (thats what we were told), no searches by anyone, just nothing. i realize that the area may be difficult to navigate...but not even putting out a missing person flyer of her, that is just weird to me....im starting think le is not the only ones that may have dropped the ball on this case moo

I agree that the ball was dropped by the Maine police and also, the New Hampshire police.
    Having said that,
    to me, there are only two possibilities, at this moment in time:
    1. Sarah is not alive. She is near where the car was found.
    2. Sarah is alive. She got into a car or truck or 18 wheeler and is now
    in a hospital being treated or living on the streets or taken in by
    a good samaritan.

IMO, the focus is a search by scent dogs, as explained by poster K-9.
    and
    private investigators and police getting Sarah's poster and pic to all hospitals, emergency rooms, urgent cares in a 100 mile radius.
    private investigators and police doing the same thing with all homeless shelters,
    church affilated food kitchens.
    posters/flyers at every truck stop, every fast food place off the I-95.

I am sure they are doing all of that. Sarah's dad has three p.i.'s and the help of police at this time.

One more thought:
    Maybe if Sarah was picked up, maybe she said she was on her way to Florida.
    I think this has been mentioned before.
    But it couldn't hurt to get her poster out to truck stops or maybe police/friends in Lakeland, FL.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Here is the timeline from thread #1

9:11am - FC calls father from Sarah's phone (call lasted approximately 4
    minutes). Spoke with Step-mother "T"...

9:19am - FC calls 911.

9:11 - 9:19am - Father believes Sarah left the home.

12:56pm - Sarah's car goes through the toll booth at Gardiner, ME heading
    North on I-95 without paying.(See post #928)

3:57pm - Sarah's car goes through the toll booth at Gardiner, ME heading South on I-95 (Did not pay, see post #928)

5:07pm - Sarah's car again goes through the toll booth at Gardiner, ME heading North on I-95... Stepmother "T" told us that she did not pay tolls, she sped thru the fastpay lane and a picture was taken of the rear of the car each time because she didnt pay. Toll info provided to WS directly from "T" on 01-12-10 via lavandadolce post#928

6:15 -6:30pm - Sarah's car found along the side of the road in Clinton, about 35 miles away from the toll plaza. The car was located near mile marker 140.5 about 10 feet off the road. Car found in the median crashed into a snowbank, motor running, and key in the ignition. It was called in by a passing tow-truck driver (no time given). Car also contained an unopened six-pack of beer. (Beer info also provided by "T" in post #928)

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    i just want to say at the outset here that i agree that le should have started a search earlier IF the the car was actually found in gear, engine running etc. however there have been multiple reports of how the car was found...i have spent time re-reading thread #1 and it seems that there are multiple accounts given not just from the media but from family as well. we have heard all about what everyone thinks le should have been doing, but for good measure i would just like to ask what was the family doing from dec.13 thru dec. 30th? when the case popped up on the pages of ws, there was not even a missing persons poster made to hand out or hang up anywhere (thats what we were told), no searches by anyone, just nothing. i realize that the area may be difficult to navigate...but not even putting out a missing person flyer of her, that is just weird to me....im starting think le is not the only ones that may have dropped the ball on this case moo
    Well, I have to agree.
    It has bugged me from the beginning.
    It seems as if everyone in the family on both sides knew Sarah was having a breakdown, not on her meds.
    And there were several people with her on the day she left and she had been on the phone with family also.
    Police were out there in 15 min, once called.

So, yes, you are right.
    Where were the pleas on the media? Where were the missing person flyers?
    And although family has said they did not now the car had been recovered until Dec. 20, it still seems a long wait, ten days, before Dec. 30.
    And
    dad, although he certainly seems to care for Sarah and is out there with p.i.'s and the police, why did he wait so long to come to NH/ME?

Although there is most likely a good explanation for all this,
    it just does signal 'alert' to WS posters.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

I hadn't thought of that. In my mind, I just assumed they must have been doing everything humanly possible all along, before this was ever out in the news. They might have been. I would think so, hope so.

On the other hand, if Sarah did this before, it could be a normal thing to them, and maybe they weren't so alarmed until many more days had passed?? In the family's prior experiences, they were used to the police taking care of things and finding her. They were probably leaving it up to the police and assumed, again, police would make it okay and find her.

Yeah, I don't think they just sat on things and did nothing...because I can't imagine how anyone could.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    Well, I have to agree.
    It has bugged me from the beginning.
    It seems as if everyone in the family on both sides knew Sarah was having a breakdown, not on her meds.
    And there were several people with her on the day she left and she had been on the phone with family also.
    Police were out there in 15 min, once called.

So, yes, you are right.
    Where were the pleas on the media? Where were the missing person flyers?
    And although family has said they did not now the car had been recovered until Dec. 20, it still seems a long wait, ten days, before Dec. 30.
    And
    dad, although he certainly seems to care for Sarah and is out there with p.i.'s and the police, why did he wait so long to come to NH/ME?

Although there is most likely a good explanation for all this,
    it just does signal 'alert' to WS posters.

The family might have been doing more than we have heard in the news. I can't imagine doing nothing! We're just not hearing what measures they went to. Right?

The situation with the police. Like so many others, it infuriates me to no end to think of how it was handled. And this will just continue on with certain police departments. I wonder what it will take for them to have more stringent protocols to follow in cases like this? How can they continue to get away with being so negligent? They were so very close and let Sarah slip away...minutes from finding her probably, if they got right on it. So so frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NHscs View Post
    The family might have been doing more than we have heard in the news. I can't imagine doing nothing! We're just not hearing what measures they went to. Right?

The situation with the police. Like so many others, it infuriates me to no end to think of how it was handled. And this will just continue on with certain police departments. I wonder what it will take for them to have more stringent protocols to follow in cases like this? How can they continue to get away with being so negligent? They were so very close and let Sarah slip away...minutes from finding her probably, if they got right on it. So so frustrating

Yes, you are correct in that when it's a missing adult it does not get the needed attention by the media or in some cases, even the police. When someone is of legal age they have a "right" to come and go as they please so it's a difficult position. I do believe we need to have some firm laws in place for missing adults, universally, just as we do for missing children.

Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 09:51 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

It will take awhile for the video image to change on the front of the video. It automatically chose that slide. (grrrr)

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Here is my take on the family doing "nothing". Agree, disagree, it doesn't matter to me really- this is the reality of loving a mentally ill person.

Had 2 or 4 or 5 adults tried to grab this woman and attempt to force her to stay she'd have been pi$$ed and IMO would probably have begun fighting with these people, her loved ones. It would have taken a situation that was already not pretty to a new level of very ugly and turned her loved ones into her enemies in her mind. Obviously I can't know this womans level of mania's but I know my own and in a situation like that I, myself would have started doing some very stupid stuff like maybe grabbing my child away from my new enemies and taking him in the car with me... or he!!, smashing windows or who knows what. A mania is not a joke and when this womans father says she is not in her right mind he means it- when a person is like this they are not thinking clearly, the last thing you want to do is forcefully confront them.. between the paranoia and the anger the result will not be a good one.

This woman has a history of mental illness her family knows this, they also know her reactions to things.. my guess is they handled things the way they always had before and it had always worked before so they were hoping it would again. Sadly, they were wrong but that doesn't make them guilty of anything except loving a person who is sick and unpredictable. People who are mentally ill have rights like anyone else, this man could not force his wife to stay- he could have gotten arrested.

LE dropped the ball- her family told them she is sick, they said she's an adult she doesn't have to come home.. her family said she could be a danger to herself or others, still LE did nothing!
    Last edited by OneLostGrl; 01-13-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NHscs View Post

i am only referring to the info that the family provided in the first pages of this case, i know that we asked what all they needed help with and we posted endless links to media places and people and ladyL made the first poster because we were led to believe that none had been made before...i know i posted many media links because i was alarmed by the lack of news articles, etc. pulled up in google searches i made that first day...there were only two. the only picture with the articles was the photo of her in the courthouse...
    this lack of info is why there is so many links for news outlets and search and rescue info...if you go back to the beginning of the first thread you will see what i am referring to...

eta: im referring to what we were told by family in regards to what they had done to find sarah...not what the news said the family was doing...
    Last edited by nervous_nellie; 01-13-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: eta comment

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    Here is my take on the family doing "nothing". Agree, disagree, it doesn't matter to me really- this is the reality of loving a mentally ill person.

Had 2 or 4 or 5 adults tried to grab this woman and attempt to force her to stay she'd have been pi$$ed and IMO would probably have begun fighting with these people, her loved ones. It would have taken a situation that was already not pretty to a new level of very ugly and turned her loved ones into her enemies in her mind. Obviously I can't know this womans level of mania's but I know my own and in a situation like that I, myself would have started doing some very stupid stuff like maybe grabbing my child away from my new enemies and taking him in the car with me... or he!!, smashing windows or who knows what. A mania is not a joke and when this womans father says she is not in her right mind he means it- when a person is like this they are not thinking clearly, the last thing you want to do is forcefully confront them.. between the paranoia and the anger the result will not be a good one.

This woman has a history of mental illness her family knows this, they also know her reactions to things.. my guess is they handled things the way they always had before and it had always worked before so they were hoping it would again. Sadly, they were wrong but that doesn't make them guilty of anything except loving a person who is sick and unpredictable. People who are mentally ill have rights like anyone else, this man could not force his wife to stay- he could have gotten arrested.

LE dropped the ball- her family told them she is sick, they said she's an adult she doesn't have to come home.. her family said she could be a danger to herself or others, still LE did nothing!

i agree and understand your point about not wanting to escalate an already bad situation. but like you have pointed out that she has the same set of civil rights as anyone else, i think that could be a reason that le didnt/couldnt pluck her from the road ... let me state that i dont know the laws about this but i dont think that they have the authority to stop and/or detain her if she hasnt committed a traffic violation?? if i have this incorrect let me know . especially that first call where she was reported with in 10minutes of leaving the home; i dont think its realistic to expect le to be out scouring the town when the fact that she usually comes home being the reasoning that the family may have waited to do anything immediately....if the family doesnt feel it is an emergency YET...why should le? let me also say that i am NOT blaming the family...im just not willing to lay ALL the blame on le....not yet anyway...
    Last edited by nervous_nellie; 01-13-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post

I agree, 100%

Prayers for Sarah and her family.

Has it been said if anyone/group distributing flyers anywhere in the southern areas of I-95?

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast