Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Nellie...you bring out some good points..

mental illness would NOT make her "invulnerable" to the elements or "invulnerable" to a predator

In fact from what I read, bipolar people are more likely to get involved in accidents, mishaps and "bad situations" due to their impulsive, excited state and their (false) feeling of being "invulnerable". Women, all mentally ill women really, are more likely to be victims of rape/violence etc cause they will get in bad situations that most women would just not get into. They are more vulnurable statistically, NOT "invulnerable"

Much of what we have heard here is just "what we have heard"...one can take it all as gospel truth but when you "step back" at look at it, many things do not fall in place

Who says that "LE Made" her husband give her the keys?? Or threatened to arrest him?

what led up to this?? It seems as if Sarah had taken off and gotten into a dui....and just come home from jail...there were 4 or 5 people at the house? who?? how did she escape?? if the car was "packed" was it from the night before , was she "leaving" and got the dui?? I can't see how she could have "packed" it that morning

So many variables and so little hard info JMO.

The one thing I think becomes less and less likely is that she was ever able to make some "plan" to escape by leaving the car like that and taking off wearing shorts and sandals in 10 degree weather....I don't think she found her way to a shelter and is "wandering" around amid the homeless or whatever. I do think that to CYA the LE has probably checked shelters and hospitals..and found nothing

Looking at it "logically" I think that she most likely fell into some water/bog/ice "hole" or whatever and could not get out and succumbed to the weather...I think they should have been searching there right from the start

OR (less likely) she somehow in a state of manic panic rushed out of the car and was picked up by a "helpful" guy who turned out to be a "bad" guy

However...none of this might be right since the reporting is so sketchy here and we get mixed info....and we don't really yet know many true "facts" from what I can see.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

TM, since you are on this thread right now. Will you tell us when the car was packed and with what?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

From where Sarah's car was found, just how far is it to the nearest body of water in that area? I'm thinking of a bog, creek, ditch, lake, pond, river, or stream.

Sarah could have been walking out in the woods and she is thinking that she is walking on the snow. But somewhere in one spot she is actually walking on a thin ice, she suddenly falls through the ice and wasn't able to get out.

Just how far could Sarah have went walking in the woods wearing summer clothes during a winter storm during darkness?

Just how far did they search in all directions from where her car was found? I'm thinking that she couldn't possibly go very far from her car into the woods.

I say she's probably somewhere within 5 mile radius from where her car was found if she walked out into the woods.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nerosleuth For This Useful Post:

I've driven by those mile markers three times for work since the story has come out and have been paying more attention to what is around. With everything snow covered, it's hard to tell, but you can't see bodies of water anywhere near there right now.

I drove up there again on Friday. On that particular stretch of the turnpike, there were no cars around me for quite a while. So it is possible she was standing out there for a few minutes and no one really saw her. It is kind of "dead" around there much of the time, when not rush hour.

I have wondered if she did cross over to the southbound side of the turnpike, being confused, and may have wondered off to the opposite side deep into the woods, thinking that she'd find a store or someplace to go for help and may have ended up in those woods wandering and lost. They searched the woods by the median there, but did they look deeper into the woods on the opposite side? The woods on each side of the highway look to me like they probably go on for a long time.

I also paid attention to tolls going up the turnpike. There are two tolls before that Gardiner toll on 95. One is close to the Maine/New Hampshire line and the other several miles before Gardiner. Nothing was said about her passing those tolls without paying. Maybe she took side roads and never went through those or maybe she paid. I wonder if the toll attendants would have remembered her driving through and paying. She'd have stood out, I would think, being in shorts on a day like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerosleuth View Post
    From where Sarah's car was found, just how far is it to the nearest body of water in that area? I'm thinking of a bog, creek, ditch, lake, pond, river, or stream.

Sarah could have been walking out in the woods and she is thinking that she is walking on the snow. But somewhere in one spot she is actually walking on a thin ice, she suddenly falls through the ice and wasn't able to get out.

Just how far could Sarah have went walking in the woods wearing summer clothes during a winter storm during darkness?

Just how far did they search in all directions from where her car was found? I'm thinking that she couldn't possibly go very far from her car into the woods.

I say she's probably somewhere within 5 mile radius from where her car was found if she walked out into the woods.
    Last edited by NHscs; 01-24-2010 at 07:10 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NHscs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    Here is the timeline from thread #1

9:11am - FC calls father from Sarah's phone (call lasted approximately 4
    minutes). Spoke with Step-mother "T"...

9:19am - FC calls 911.

9:11 - 9:19am - Father believes Sarah left the home.

12:56pm - Sarah's car goes through the toll booth at Gardiner, ME heading
    North on I-95 without paying.(See post #928)

3:57pm - Sarah's car goes through the toll booth at Gardiner, ME heading South on I-95 (Did not pay, see post #928)

5:07pm - Sarah's car again goes through the toll booth at Gardiner, ME heading North on I-95... Stepmother "T" told us that she did not pay tolls, she sped thru the fastpay lane and a picture was taken of the rear of the car each time because she didnt pay. Toll info provided to WS directly from "T" on 01-12-10 via lavandadolce post#928

6:15 -6:30pm - Sarah's car found along the side of the road in Clinton, about 35 miles away from the toll plaza. The car was located near mile marker 140.5 about 10 feet off the road. Car found in the median crashed into a snowbank, motor running, and key in the ignition. It was called in by a passing tow-truck driver (no time given). Car also contained an unopened six-pack of beer. (Beer info also provided by "T" in post #928)

just bumping the timeline...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalMinds View Post

snipped...

Who says that "LE Made" her husband give her the keys?? Or threatened to arrest him?

what led up to this?? It seems as if Sarah had taken off and gotten into a dui....and just come home from jail...there were 4 or 5 people at the house? who?? how did she escape?? if the car was "packed" was it from the night before , was she "leaving" and got the dui?? I can't see how she could have "packed" it that morning

So many variables and so little hard info JMO.

The one thing I think becomes less and less likely is that she was ever able to make some "plan" to escape by leaving the car like that and taking off wearing shorts and sandals in 10 degree weather....I don't think she found her way to a shelter and is "wandering" around amid the homeless or whatever. I do think that to CYA the LE has probably checked shelters and hospitals..and found nothing

Looking at it "logically" I think that she most likely fell into some water/bog/ice "hole" or whatever and could not get out and succumbed to the weather...I think they should have been searching there right from the start

OR (less likely) she somehow in a state of manic panic rushed out of the car and was picked up by a "helpful" guy who turned out to be a "bad" guy

However...none of this might be right since the reporting is so sketchy here and we get mixed info....and we don't really yet know many true "facts" from what I can see.

Sarah had been off her meds for a few weeks. In that time her husband was trying to have her doctor admit her into the hospital involuntarily. The doctor did not complete the paper work until AFTER she went missing. The police told her husband that they cannot legally restrain her and he would need to follow the proper procedure. So to answer your question "how did she escape?". Very easily as the family was not allowed to restrain her according to the law.

Her dui was not the night before she went missing. The court picture shows a date of 1/6, so it had to have been from a previous year.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LadyBug99 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyBug99 View Post
    Sarah had been off her meds for a few weeks. In that time her husband was trying to have her doctor admit her into the hospital involuntarily. The doctor did not complete the paper work until AFTER she went missing. The police told her husband that they cannot legally restrain her and he would need to follow the proper procedure. So to answer your question "how did she escape?". Very easily as the family was not allowed to restrain her according to the law.

Her dui was not the night before she went missing. The court picture shows a date of 1/6, so it had to have been from a previous year.
    The court picture is supposedly from some years before

from what we have read here the dui was the night before but we don't know??

how do YOU know that "the husband was trying" to get her admitted??

I would like to see some facts that are not pieced together from some posts made on this board

there is a LOT of misinformation and things that don't "add up" here

how and when did the cops "tell" the husband he could not take her keys??
    were they at the house??
    who was at the house??

remember...we were "told" that LE had just let her out on her own recognicance after her dui
    Last edited by LogicalMinds; 01-25-2010 at 12:38 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

fhc

actually in bubbas post all he says is that she was stopped for driving without a lic. and she was drunk, but they(cops) let her go....he never said she was charged with a dui. that question has been asked and never answered.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

also, the time frame in which this drunk driving episode occurred has never been determined or clarified...

ETA: i have read and re-read thread one...i have never found these answers, maybe a new set of eyes could find it if i missed this info.
    Last edited by nervous_nellie; 01-25-2010 at 12:19 PM. Reason: eta:comment

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Nellie...

I am pretty sure the court picture was from a few years ago right??

and yes, no one from the "family" or LE has verified or explained the drunk driving

I looked up the laws in Maine..they are not as strict as those in Florida it seems..

I thought at one point we heard that the cops let her go on her own recognizance..??

I would still like to know "how" and "who" "told" the husband that they would arrest him if he did not give her the keys??

and who were the other people at the house (the 4 or 5 adults?)

coudn't one/more of them stopped her from driving?? was there any confrontation with Sarah regarding the night before (if it was the night before )? and the "DUI" ??

also we have been told that she had no "alcohol" problem yet drunk driving is surely a problem

we have also never really found out what "alcohol" was in the vehicle...nor do we know when/where it was purchased

in regards to "getting her committed"....from hearing the (increased) severity of her mental illness I find it hard to believe that her attending psychiatrist did not have her admitted right away or that they did not have some medical "power of attorney" in place

after all, Sarah's dad is a lawyer right??

when this "case" first started we did not even hear that she was mentally ill...we heard "other circumstances"..

then we learned she is bipolar...then we learned bipolar with paranoia..then bipolar with paranoia/schizophrenic...the illness seems to be much worse than we first heard

from the start we heard loving wife and mother

but just this weekend I was told that she was not even allowed to be alone with her son??? (in response to my logical question.."if she is so severely mentally ill how did she care for her child?)....

with an illness that severe, I question why she was not in a hospital during this breakdown??

either someone/s have messed up horribly, or else her condition was not that severe

after all...none of us really know many "facts" here...in fact I have to say that the facts seem to shift and change to fit the questions JMO

I really hope LE has a press conference and/or puts out some new info

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

Her husband and step mother said that she was off her meds and they were trying to have her institutionalized. Her doctor had not completed the paper work yet and was in the process of doing so.

Without a psych hold you cannont hold anyone against their will...

O/T I have a very dear friend that is a paranoid schizophrenic. She has also been diagnosed with bi polar dissorder. She has all the same rights as I do....despite her mental illness. She cares for a child and can drive a car too!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyBug99 For This Useful Post:

The main thing to me is Sarah is missing.
    From all accounts, she is bi polar and has been hospitalized in the past.

She left the house in the car.
    Only those in the house know the exact time.

What we know is, the time the tow truck driver found the car.
    Car was in the median strip.
    Police were called. Car was towed.

After a few weeks, we learn a little more about what was in the car,
    what was found outside the car.

And we learn the car was seen going north on I95, then south, then north again by toll booth monitors. Exact times are given.

We know by several reports, news, father, poster Lavonda Dolce, there have been searches and fliers posted.

That's it.
    For me, it boils down to :
    Sarah having trouble with her bipolar issues, leaves in the car.
    She is confused, distracted, going up and down the freeway.
    About 10 hrs later, her car is found, doors open,
    footprints leading to the southbound lanes and footprints ending.

So, ......... Sarah is either out there in the surrounding land near mile marker
    OR
    Sarah is ...............somewhere...........confused.

IMO
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyBug99 View Post
    Her husband and step mother said that she was off her meds and they were trying to have her institutionalized. Her doctor had not completed the paper work yet and was in the process of doing so.

Without a psych hold you cannont hold anyone against their will...

O/T I have a very dear friend that is a paranoid schizophrenic. She has also been diagnosed with bi polar dissorder. She has all the same rights as I do....despite her mental illness. She cares for a child and can drive a car too!
    Well from the start we heard of a young mother/wife missing..but when I asked the other day how Sarah was able to "care for a child" if the mental illness was so severe, we got new stunning news that apparently she was NOT able to, was not "left alone" with her son at all???

so who knows?? I don't feel we know much at all...

we hear things but then other questions are not answered so therefore I don't know that we know anything much

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

Bubba.
    I can understand your frustration as it has been a long six weeks since Sarah disappeared.

WS posters do speculate about a missing person life, thinking the more is known about a person, it may make it easier to find that person.

That said, can you tell us what is the next step Sarah's father or the private investigator's are doing?
    Will there be another search near where the car was found?
    Is there another vigil planned?
    Where do missing person fliers need to be handed out?
    Do you think sending emails to media outlets would still be helpful?

I live on the west coast and I can send emails, make phone calls, but
    am not able to participate in any searches.
    We come to WS from all over with all different levels of expertise.

I cannot even begin to grasp what it is like to not know where Sarah is.
    I just want to say that everyone cares or they would not be on this forum.

If there is anything that needs to be done, that we can do, let us know.
    Thank you for posting again.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Bubba, I truly understand where you are coming from. ***Truly***. Read and take what is helpful for you and family. The hell with the rest. It is not unusual for posters here to speculate possibilities. No hurt/harm is meant. (((Hugs)))

Breathe. Your help with anything would be so appreciated as you would only be comfortable with....

OL
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 01-25-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: quoted post
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OrdinaryLife For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast