Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NHscs View Post
    Very good points for sure. It seems like, though, Sarah's story was revved up over a period of several days after the first news story came out. But now this story seems to have died down. Nothing has been mentioned online or in the news after the few days of the story hitting the news at last. I worry this case will just be forgotten. Hopefully the private investigators the family have hired will be able to find the answers.

I pray that the PI's working on this case will help us find some answers soon! It's very sad that there has not been more coverage on this case.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LadyBug99 For This Useful Post:

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I have been dog-sitting all weekend and although the people's apt I was staying at had a computer it was password locked so I have been out of the loop for the last few days. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I missed much. I was hoping to check in here today and see some news - good or bad - just something. I checked the news today via google and there has not been any press about Sarah over the weekend.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gaia227 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    Sarah is out there. Somewhere.

Looking back, Bubba said he did not find out about the car being towed until
    Dec. 20.
    But as far as I can tell, there was not a search done by any person or any LE agency
    for weeks.
    Bubba said he went there once to search and found nothing.
    Our impression of when the car was found is from secondhand reports of what the tow truck driver did and said.

There is recent video of police pointing out the area where the car was discovered to Sarah's father.

Then there is the long gap til Sarah's father arrives.
    He brings 3 private investigators. Do they have employees?
    New information emerges:
    Sarah's car was packed with personal possessions.
    Sarah's trips north, south, north on I 95.
    Sarah's car not stopping at toll booths.
    Sarah's car on/still running when car was found.

Not known: If hospitals and e.r's and homeless shelters have been saturated with posters.
    Not known: If scent dogs used on recent searches. If cadaver dogs used on recent searches.
    Not known: If exit areas, where there are fast food restaurants, have been targeted with Sarah's posters.

It has been 5 weeks since Sarah went missing.

In most missing person cases, this is when it begins to die down
    and only now does there seem to be a revved
    up start.

i still think it is strange that she went thru the bother to pack things and then not take any of it... and i know that she has a mental illness...but we do not KNOW what happened, and until she is found and we find out what happened, i think that her leaving her things behind is suspicious...it would be for anyone else to leave there things behind...i think its strange that no one made a missing persons poster for her and passed it out or hung posters anywhere...and i know that she has went off before but the family also says that she would always call or be located within a few days, so wouldnt you think they would have been worried to the point of action much sooner than this? aside from the mental illness issue i really believe that there has got to be some other reason for why they waited to search for her.... and im not saying that it has to be some kind of sinister reason... but it does not make sense to say we were not worried at first because she always calls or is located within a few days and then let 3-4 weeks go by... there is a pretty big difference between 3days and 3-4weeks...just sayin... i really hope these pi's can figure out where she might be. and i really pray that she is in a shelter or a hospital because if she isn't, im not so sure they will be able to find her outside of those kind of places. and god forbid the worst has happened - how would they even begin to know where to look?
    Last edited by nervous_nellie; 01-18-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: spelling...

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

Of all the cities and towns that I-95 goes through in Maine, you have to wonder how many RSO's live in those areas near I-95. And also how many violent offenders as well.

On a lark, I took a look at the RSO page at the Maine State Police website. I looked up Clinton, Maine and found that there are 16 RSO's living in Clinton.

The way Sarah's car was found in the median on I-95 in Clinton is troublesome to me.

Her keys were still in the ignition and still running.

Her personal belongings were still in her car.

Her purse was found outside her car but her wallet wasn't found. We just don't know if she took her wallet or if someone took her wallet.

Something just isn't right about all of this.

The PI's that Sarah's father hired will have to at some point in time consider RSO's and violent offenders that live along I-95.

The PI's could also try talking to the local folks living in the area where Sarah disappeared. They could ask if there were other cases over the years of folks disappearing or any other suspicious events in that area that weren't reported in the news media.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nerosleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nerosleuth View Post
    Of all the cities and towns that I-95 goes through in Maine, you have to wonder how many RSO's live in those areas near I-95. And also how many violent offenders as well.

On a lark, I took a look at the RSO page at the Maine State Police website. I looked up Clinton, Maine and found that there are 16 RSO's living in Clinton.

The way Sarah's car was found in the median on I-95 in Clinton is troublesome to me.

Her purse was found outside her car but her wallet wasn't found. We just don't know if she took her wallet or if someone took her wallet.

The PI's that Sarah's father hired will have to at some point in time consider RSO's and violent offenders that live along I-95.

The PI's could also try talking to the local folks living in the area where Sarah disappeared. They could ask if there were other cases over the years of folks disappearing or any other suspicious events in that area that weren't reported in the news media.

ita with you nerosleuth that something about this is troubling...not sure what it is. checking into the rso's is not a bad idea...i wish we knew who the person is that reported finding the car. all the articles say it was a tow truck driver but never have id'd him or interviewed him for articles(that i have read).

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    Sarah is out there. Somewhere.

Looking back, Bubba said he did not find out about the car being towed until
    Dec. 20.
    But as far as I can tell, there was not a search done by any person or any LE agency
    for weeks.
    Bubba said he went there once to search and found nothing.
    Our impression of when the car was found is from secondhand reports of what the tow truck driver did and said.

There is recent video of police pointing out the area where the car was discovered to Sarah's father.

Then there is the long gap til Sarah's father arrives.
    He brings 3 private investigators. Do they have employees?
    New information emerges:
    Sarah's car was packed with personal possessions.
    Sarah's trips north, south, north on I 95.
    Sarah's car not stopping at toll booths.
    Sarah's car on/still running when car was found.

Not known: If hospitals and e.r's and homeless shelters have been saturated with posters.
    Not known: If scent dogs used on recent searches. If cadaver dogs used on recent searches.
    Not known: If exit areas, where there are fast food restaurants, have been targeted with Sarah's posters.

It has been 5 weeks since Sarah went missing.

In most missing person cases, this is when it begins to die down
    and only now does there seem to be a revved
    up start.
    Sarah's car was in gear. Not sure if it was running.
    Scent dogs were used on the search at the early part of January.
    I don't know about cadaver dogs, I can't say for sure if the dogs used were of mixed training. Are they specifically looking for a body? No. There is firm belief that Sarah indeed took a ride due to the footprints.
    Now if she walked further down the highway and then crossed over into the wooded area, I don't think anyone knows. They searched the area's I believe 1/2 mile prior to where her car was found and a 1/2 mile following, if I recall.
    Yes, exit area's have been visited, however...most fast food restaurants do not allow missing posters. Gas stations all have been receptive, as have been a few smaller mom/pop diners.
    The police do not go out and put up missing posters. That is up to the family, friends, volunteers. We certainly could use more volunteers. I'm a firm believer the more the better.
    Yes, the Private Investigators have a team of folks. Fact is, Mr. Shamshank is an Instructor at Boston University and he has a group of "Private Investigator" students who are also volunteering their time to help distribute the posters direct to hospitals.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyBug99 View Post
    I pray that the PI's working on this case will help us find some answers soon! It's very sad that there has not been more coverage on this case.
    They are working this case as their priority. I can only hope more coverage will soon follow, both locally and nationally.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NHscs View Post
    Very good points for sure. It seems like, though, Sarah's story was revved up over a period of several days after the first news story came out. But now this story seems to have died down. Nothing has been mentioned online or in the news after the few days of the story hitting the news at last. I worry this case will just be forgotten. Hopefully the private investigators the family have hired will be able to find the answers.
    I can assure you this will not die down. It is my top priority to keep the media and others involved. The more that make contact with the media...the more likely they will continue to give updates. Right now, there are no updates to be given. Other than doing the leg work to get info out...there have not been any leads or new evidence to present. (such as her wallet, etc.)

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure if I mentioned earlier that Project Jason has Sarah's poster up on their 18 Wheeler site. This way Truckers can print posters and be on the look out for Sarah, as well.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

Her car was "packed full." Not sure that necessarily means of her own personal belongings. It could have been packed full because that is how her vehicle always was. (Like my stepdaughter. I've never seen anyone have a car full of "stuff" all the time. I tell her it's dangerous. If she were to get in an accident all the stuff in her car could knock her or the kids out. She just doesn't clean her car out. Probably rarely, if ever!!!) I will see if I can get clarification on what was in her vehicle.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lavanda Dolce View Post
    I'm not sure if I mentioned earlier that Project Jason has Sarah's poster up on their 18 Wheeler site. This way Truckers can print posters and be on the look out for Sarah, as well.
    Has any effort been made in Florida?

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Lavanda Dolce - Did Sarah enjoy traveling? If so, are there places that she may have vacationed before and wanted to escape life for awhile and go back to? Somewhere that was familiar...

I know she was from Florida...but how about California or Canada?

If her intention was to head north...where was she going? I have a lot of family that lives in northern Maine and Canada, unless you're really into winter sports (snowmobiling, snowboarding/skiing, snow shoeing) I don't see why anyone looking to get away would head north this time of year (no offense).

Her passing through the toll booth three times bothers me...was she just "killing" time and trying to calm down before returning home? Why would she be driving in circles?
    I personally will take a "random" drive from time to time to clear my head. So I can't rule that out yet...

I still don't know why she got out of her vehicle! And if you were getting a ride from someone...why would you leave your car like that? Why would you leave your purse behind?

Did we ever find out what happened the other time Sarah "took off"? Where was she found and how long was she gone?

Sorry if this was answered...I think I just need a re-cap....

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LadyBug99 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lavanda Dolce View Post
    Her car was "packed full." Not sure that necessarily means of her own personal belongings. It could have been packed full because that is how her vehicle always was. (Like my stepdaughter. I've never seen anyone have a car full of "stuff" all the time. I tell her it's dangerous. If she were to get in an accident all the stuff in her car could knock her or the kids out. She just doesn't clean her car out. Probably rarely, if ever!!!) I will see if I can get clarification on what was in her vehicle.
    im just now thinking of my very own car, duh! i have a small kind of sports car and i still have a bunch of stuff in my hatch area that i have pretty much forgotten about since moving to a new home over a year ago...if anyone were to find my car abandoned i bet they might think that i was in the process of taking that stuff somewhere currently... didnt sarah just move not so long ago? its possible that she never got around to unloading everything, and not that she was trying to move out?? wonder if they will ever say what was packed. i bet she took her guitar with her a lot of places, so that is probably normal for it to be in the car with her, i just think it odd for her to have left it behind, i get the feeling her guitar was something very valuable to her emotionally.
    im so glad to hear that there are a lot of people helping the private investigators!
    Last edited by nervous_nellie; 01-19-2010 at 04:20 PM.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

If Sarah left her car in the median and did take her wallet with her, where could she possibly go?

Suppose that she wanted personal space and to be left alone for awhile. Could she have rented a cabin or a cottage somewhere? Perhaps in the mountains or along the seacoast?

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nerosleuth For This Useful Post:

If Sarah left her car in the median and did take her wallet with her, where could she possibly go?

Suppose that she wanted personal space and to be left alone for awhile. Could she have rented a cabin or a cottage somewhere? Perhaps in the mountains or along the seacoast?

possibly she could have...but if she really was clear minded enough to set that sort of thing up, i would have to wonder why she went back and forth thru the tolls so many times? some have mentioned that this stretch of road can be confusing and/or monotonous...and if for some reason it was not her in the car then why would anyone else need or want to go thru the tolls so many times? i think your thoughts of checking out the rso's is a good idea ... if she was not in her right mind and she was driving in circles until she got stuck in a snowbank...someone could have could have come along to "help"...

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast