Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    LMAO! Love this guy and she can't give that guys name.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lisa%20tackett

The Cherokee people were by no means frontier savages. By the 1830s they developed their own written language, printed newspapers and elected leaders to representative government.

All opinions posted by me, are mine, and in no way , are they to be interpreted as FACT, unless I provide a LINK.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    LMAO! Love this guy and she can't give that guys name.
    I know.....she is discussing wrongful convictions and cases where an innocent person was executed and she is so passionate about this subject and as Steve said..she has dedicated her life to this cause and she can't give him the name of the man who was wronfully convicted and executed. PRICELESS!!!!

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

He called her bogus LOL!

The Cherokee people were by no means frontier savages. By the 1830s they developed their own written language, printed newspapers and elected leaders to representative government.

All opinions posted by me, are mine, and in no way , are they to be interpreted as FACT, unless I provide a LINK.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

I declare madatory listening for this podcast.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    Here is one she did yesterday with Steve Malzberg..

http://www.wor710.com/pages/419284.php

I am getting ready to listen but apparently it gets heated.

Andrea Lyon discusses her book Angel of Death Row on the Steve Malzberg Show. Andrea became very combative when asked about the Casey Anthony Trial, which she is the defense attorney for, and would not support her statements exclaiming Casey Anthony is innocent. Quote from intro to story.

You can't forward through it and there are other stories prior to it....just a heads up. Steve uses racy language that may offend some.
    Thanks! I listened! Sooo... people are AFRAID to talk to the defense? Gee... maybe it's because the defense loves to throw innocent people under the bus ? The whole population HATES KC? Couldn't be due to anything KC has done, could it? AL's just as obnoxious as Baez! KC seems to have that effect on people, doesn't she? (CA for example )

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to knt For This Useful Post:

Did I hear her defending the FBI in the arson case?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

knt

TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    how do you fast forward thru malzberg show?

Quote Originally Posted by TakeNote View Post
    how do you fast forward thru malzberg show?
    You can't.......unless you listen from your download.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Here is one she did yesterday with Steve Malzberg..

http://www.wor710.com/pages/419284.php

I am getting ready to listen but apparently it gets heated.

Andrea Lyon discusses her book Angel of Death Row on the Steve Malzberg Show. Andrea became very combative when asked about the Casey Anthony Trial, which she is the defense attorney for, and would not support her statements exclaiming Casey Anthony is innocent. Quote from intro to story.

You can't forward through it and there are other stories prior to it....just a heads up. Steve uses racy language that may offend some.
    Thanks so much for bringing this particular radio show to our attention. (And the podcasts) Speaking of bungling public relations, I was shocked that as a death penalty opponent she wasn't able to easily roll the name of one individual who has been wrongly put to death for a crime he/she didn't commit! No, really shocked! And Steve took full advantage of it. If Andrea is really going to promote her book and her beliefs I really believe she needs to work on her really short fuse and develop thicker skin.

PS: I wish I'd said what you said in post #13 - heh heh
    Last edited by logicalgirl; 01-13-2010 at 08:03 PM.

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

The reason I look for these lectures, interviews, and podcasts, is because it gives us a unique look at her "game", her "strategy", her M.O. . With a case this high profile and the behavior of the defense team.....I think it only fair to demonstrate their "thought process". I don't begrudge anyone their methods or their "tools"......but if you are trying to achieve the goal of saving lives due to your moral beliefs, then perhaps you should exercise some respect for the intelligence of those not on trial. JMO.....

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

I have a favor to ask of fellow members...........This comes from me....ordinary average poster.......please listen to, evaluate, and discuss the AL interviews like the professionals that we all are. I think that the interviews are quite interesting given the multitude of AL personalities we are seeing. She IMO is attempting to "play to her audience" and failing IMO to show any consistency in her demeanor or opinions. For example......Steve Malzberg is known to stir it up....he is brash and "in your face" it's his "thing". I think that Andrea went into the interview with her guard up and on alert. She morphed into someone "not to mess with". Her interview with Meredith Viera demonstrated an entirely different demeanor. She appears one way in court, yet resorts to "bullying" outside the courthouse. She portrays herself as the "advocate" for preserving life yet seems not to respect those who oppose her. Let's be sure to discuss the real contradictions in her actions and refrain from just "bashing". Bashing is for other forums.....we are far better AND brighter than that. Climbing off soapbox and hiding behind sofa. HeeHee

This is not directed to ANYONE.......I just anticipate it heating up.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

I have a favor to ask of fellow members...........This comes from me....ordinary average poster.......please listen to, evaluate, and discuss the AL interviews like the professionals that we all are. I think that the interviews are quite interesting given the multitude of AL personalities we are seeing. She IMO is attempting to "play to her audience" and failing IMO to show any consistency in her demeanor or opinions. For example......Steve Malzberg is known to stir it up....he is brash and "in your face" it's his "thing". I think that Andrea went into the interview with her guard up and on alert. She morphed into someone "not to mess with". Her interview with Meredith Viera demonstrated an entirely different demeanor. She appears one way in court, yet resorts to "bullying" outside the courthouse. She portrays herself as the "advocate" for preserving life yet seems not to respect those who oppose her. Let's be sure to discuss the real contradictions in her actions and refrain from just "bashing". Bashing is for other forums.....we are far better AND brighter than that. Climbing off soapbox and hiding behind sofa. HeeHee

This is not directed to ANYONE.......I just anticipate it heating up.
    Amen!

I listened to the podcast, interesting.

Cost versus Benefit?

While AL should have known what to expect at this interview she does do herself a dis-service both in terms of the KC case and her book. She definitely needs a PR person as a handler but also needs to try to bring people on board to care about her mission and work rather than be seen as AL against the world and treat it confrontationally.

She needs to educate and raise awareness. I think that the issue is, she took on the KC case to enable publicity for her book but it is a double-edged sword in that while it garners the publicity ..... people are very passionate about the case and Justice for Caylee.

AL needs to pick one. Either promote your book and your anti-DP message OR defend KC. To me they are in conflict since KC is the wrong person to use to gain public support and sympathy that she should not face Murder 1 and the DP. AL needed someone she can soft sell to aid her work not someone who creates such passion.
    Last edited by cyberborg; 01-13-2010 at 07:00 PM.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by knt View Post
    Thanks! I listened! Sooo... people are AFRAID to talk to the defense? Gee... maybe it's because the defense loves to throw innocent people under the bus ? The whole population HATES KC? Couldn't be due to anything KC has done, could it? AL's just as obnoxious as Baez! KC seems to have that effect on people, doesn't she? (CA for example )
    I would imagine they would expect the public to be upset with this case. Filing that motion during RK's deposition was a big mistake. Videos of the ex-wives broadcasted when they knew there would be little chance we would see them otherwise, another mistake. I know it is the defense's job to create reasonable doubt but the public obviously does not feel this was reasonable. This is not a case of KC saying "Bibbity Bobbity Boo" and the public screaming "She's a witch, let's burn her." This is a case where all the evidence/information released so far points directly at KC. You want it to die down....stay away from the media. Everytime they show up on a TV show we have three threads or more going strong at the same time. They know what they are suppose to do....but then that won't sell any books. JMO

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Her reasoning is just bizarre. Saying the death penalty is not a deterrent and does not make society safer. Ok, that may be, but is prison a deterrent? Does imprisoning criminals make society safer or less safe than the death penalty? Clearly imprisonment is more dangerous to society and other human lives, because the criminal can still harm people/other inmates. Neither is perfect, but imprisonment is more dangerous than the death penalty in terms of potential harm to society.Following her 'logic', there should be no imprisonment either.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast