Lovely bones movie

burbqueen

Reaction score
Hey y'all. Anyone going to see this movie??

I am. This movie is about a girl who gets killed by a child killer but her ghost/spirit is stuck. It's not a ghost story but about how her family deals with it and the murdered girl watches her family and their grief. She also watches the guy who killed her. Years go by and the police tells her family to give up but her dad never forgets and fights for justice.

I loved this book and I will be going to see the movie when it opens. I've seen reviews and it looks amazing, anything with Mark Wahlberg typicaly is.

I am not sure I can emotionally handle seeing this movie. The book was tough and I was a mess after seeing Gone Baby Gone.

I cried through this entire book(literally - I sobbed at least every other page!).It was so sad & beautiful & 'perfect' that Im worried about how it will translate to screen......theres some books,imo,that should be left alone.......Im going to wait & see what you W/S'ers have to say after youve seen it.Until then I'm withholding judgement!!!!!!!!

I have seen this movie 3 times now and have cried every time. Usually I like the book better than the movie, but I enjoyed the movie much more. Its not true to the book, there are a few moments that they leave out, but overall a powerful and touching movie!

Enjoy it!

I saw the movie today and recommend it to everyone on this board who cares for missing and murdered children. Yes, I bawled like a baby, but it really hit home. I thought of all our deceased children on this MB. And I absolutely believe in stuck spirits. It was fascinating, and I'll see it again. Mark Wahlberg did a great job.

Mel

I discovered the book through other WS'rs talking about it, when I first started here... I read it in one weekend... so yes, I will be seeing it.

I'm not sure I'm going, but I love all your reviews. Sounds pretty emotional and we have soooo many missing on the boards right now. I'm not sure I can handle seeing it played out on the screen :( I had never heard of the book until I read this thread. Maybe I'll try the book first. I have seen the promos for the movie and admit I am interested in seeing the movie.

I did just read "The Last Child" and thought it was a very good book. About a young boy that looks for his missing sister.

Salem

I have seen this movie 3 times now and have cried every time. Usually I like the book better than the movie, but I enjoyed the movie much more. Its not true to the book, there are a few moments that they leave out, but overall a powerful and touching movie!

Enjoy it!

Thanks for this post! I loved this heartwrenching book and was afraid the movie wouldn't do it justice. Now I look forward to seeing it. I will be smuggling in a box of tissues, though. :(

Going to see it today!!!! Also check out other post regardling the book of Eli.

I can't wait to see this movie!

Christmas Eve, I was at my boyfriend's house, watching him cook dinner (he's a great cook, I'm a great watcher), and he was telling me about a movie he wants us to go see... he was explaining to me what it showed in the preview on tv, and suddenly, it just 'clicked'.

I got all excited, and exclaimed, "The Lovely Bones"! (I didn't even know they were making it into a movie- I just recognized the plot-line). He said, "Oh no, that's not the name of it". We went round and round, as usual.

Finally, I got on the Internet, looked it up, and sure enough... it was "The Lovely Bones"! We decided to agree that we BOTH were right, and proceeded to have a wonderful Christmas.

I am so happy they have made this into a movie. I have now seen the previews for myself, and it does look good.

But, before we go see the movie, I've decided I want to read the book one more time!

Anyone know if this movie is out in the theaters nationwide? I have not seen any previews for it. I think, well pretty sure I read the book....I want to see the movie now. If it isn't in the theaters, I'm sure it will be headed to DVD in the future but I don't want to wait that long.. I can't wait now that everyone has put in a review...

Thanks for catching me up.

Goz

gozgals, It must be nationwide because the Today show reported it was 3rd in box office revenue this past weekend. (Avatar was #1)

Thanks for the revues everybody.

I'd like to see it. Never read the book, but have seen it advertised a lot on TV.

For those of you who saw the movie, what min age would you say it would be appropriate for children? I see it is rated PG 13, but so was Spiderman and Shrek. Just curious....

I will definately see it! May need to find a sitter, or do this when the kiddo is with his dad. Maybe this coming weekend while he is at his dads.

gozgals, It must be nationwide because the Today show reported it was 3rd in box office revenue this past weekend. (Avatar was #1)

Thanks for the revues everybody.

Thank you waltzingmatilda. I guess I just haven't seen any ads my way yet. Look forward to it.:woohoo:

I really wanted to go see this movie but I did not realize there is a book. I normally like to read the book first.

So, I guess I will look for the book then check out the movie.

Thanks y'all.

I read the book and it is fabulous. I haven't seen the movie yet.

The book is truly incredible. It hooks you with the very first sentence.

I have been an avid reader my entire life, and come from a family of writers.

The Lovely Bones is without a doubt, one of my top ten all-time favorite books.

Anyone know if this movie is out in the theaters nationwide? I have not seen any previews for it. I think, well pretty sure I read the book....I want to see the movie now. If it isn't in the theaters, I'm sure it will be headed to DVD in the future but I don't want to wait that long.. I can't wait now that everyone has put in a review...

Thanks for catching me up.

Goz

Where are ya Goz? I thought it was released nationwide, but I could be wrong. I had to hunt down Precious to see that in San Diego. But Lovely Bones is a must see -- even if you have to wait for it on DVD :(

Best,

Mel

Mel,

I'm going to check the Sunday papers. I just have not seen any reviews to date. Don't know why......

I, of course, have heard all the hype and seen the previews for Avatar.. Not really my type of flick but will see it.

I am such an entertainment freak too I'm shocked at myself.

Thanks for thinking of me too.

We must be behind here in WI, or I must have slept through reading them/watching them.......

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back