GUILTY AZ - Tanya Nareau traded baby for gun, Phoenix, 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Tanya Nareau needed a firearm. The 33 year old mother of a two year old didn't think she was doing such a great job at parenting. So she traded her baby for a gun.

Phoenix police found the baby with a family friend of Nareau's who confirmed the exchange.

Needless to say Nareua is locked up. Traded her baby for a gun.

Shoot I lost the link. No pun intended.

Okay, that belongs in bizarre news!

Maybe we can ask to have it switched over?

Crazy right?

Then again maybe this lady was planning on using the gun on herself and didn't want to leave the baby girl alone? I'd pay to hear the guy's story who did the trade. I hope the lil girl is O.K.

Maybe I do need to keep a stash of guns handy in case an unstable Mom wants to trade. I'll be ready.

In my wildest imagination I couldn't think a woman would trade a baby for a gun.

What a world. I'm going to try and find out more on this case. Like, shouldn't the guy be charged with something?

In my wildest imagination I couldn't think a woman would trade a baby for a gun.

What a world. I'm going to try and find out more on this case. Like, shouldn't the guy be charged with something?

I'm looking for more info as well because this is crazy. there HAS to be something he is charged with at this point. HE didn't alert the authorities, someone else did.

Anyways, the selling of a child isn't legal and he took part in it i'm sure it's not going to end well for him....

I'm hoping it was the family friend with the child that called in the tip? This is bizarre and I hope the toddler is given to a good family! Mom sure doesn't need/want her.

Salem

I find it REALLY ESPECIALLY concerning she "traded" her daughter to a man.........what did he maybe want with a 2 year old girl?:mad:
Id be mad/sad regardless but you wonder what the deal is with it being a lone male..........he have any criminal history? If I were LE Id check his computers for child *advertiser censored*!!!!!!!!!

I find it REALLY ESPECIALLY concerning she "traded" her daughter to a man.........what did he maybe want with a 2 year old girl?:sad:
Id be mad/sad regardless but you wonder what the deal is with it being a lone male..........he have any criminal history? If I were LE Id check his computers for child *advertiser censored*!!!!!!!!!

this is exactly what i was thinking when i read this story this morning...shades of sweet shaniya immediately came to mind!!! what is wrong with these people, honestly...:furious:

the linked article says the friend was indeed the one who called LE. If so I am very grateful this person did so. who knows how this could have ended up otherwise.

eta no, it doesnt say so, I miread. wishful thinking. even so..

March 2010 - Tanya Nareau in trouble again:

Gilbert police arrested a woman after she allegedly pulled a store clerk out of his car while he was on a break and tried to steal his car...

She left without taking the car, police reported, and then entered the Cool Cuts for Kids where she "acted suspiciously and scared the staff." Later, a Cool Cuts employee discovered her keys and car were gone...

Police caught the suspect as she was running away from the store, but then took her to Mercy Gilbert Medical center after she complained of a medical complication from a pregnancy. Police said that complaint turned out to be "baseless"...

Read more: http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/20100315gilbert-car-theft-ordeal.html#ixzz3xLUj8ZcC

TANYA DELGADILLO NAREAU, born January 1976, pleaded guilty to unlawful sale of a child and attempted misconduct involving weapons, and was sentenced to 1.5 years in prison.

For the later offences, she pleaded guilty to burglary and got 2 years probation, and theft of a means of transportation and got 2.5 years prison, to be served concurrently with her other prison sentence.
She also had to pay $4,355.47 in restitution.

https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/

PHP4B9E842E76493.jpg
http://archive.azcentral.com/news/articles/20100315gilbert-car-theft-ordeal.html

It seems as though the woman has an untreated mental health issue. I hope that she's banned from ever owning a gun, and I hope she gets appropriate medical care.

I was thinking the same thing... She had a competency exam whilst awaiting trial and was found competent, but her lawyer must have had some doubts to order the exam.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back