1204 users online (197 members and 1007 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soul Singer Teddy Pendergrass Dies at 59

No details. Just a front page banner at the below link:
    http://www.foxnews.com/

Soul Singer Teddy Pendergrass Dies in Pa. at 59

Soul singer Teddy Pendergrass, paralyzed in 1982 car crash, dies in Pa. hospital at age 59

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ory?id=9557400

Teddy Pendergrass, who became R&B's reigning sex symbol in the 1970s and '80s with his forceful, masculine voice and passionate love ballads and later became an inspirational figure after suffering a devastating car accident that left him paralyzed, died Wednesday at age 59.
    The singer's son, Teddy Pendergrass II, said his father died at Bryn Mawr Hospital in suburban Philadelphia. The singer underwent colon cancer surgery eight months ago and had "a difficult recovery," his son said.
    "To all his fans who loved his music, thank you," his son said. "He will live on through his music."

More at link
    Last edited by SuziQ; 01-14-2010 at 01:19 AM.

I sang backup for TP for a week at the Aladdin in Vegas back in the early 80's - before he was paralyzed. He was awesome and sooooo smooth and sexy! I'm so sorry he has passed. What a beautiful, wonderful man!

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    I sang backup for TP for a week at the Aladdin in Vegas back in the early 80's - before he was paralyzed. He was awesome and sooooo smooth and sexy! I'm so sorry he has passed. What a beautiful, wonderful man!
    Wow, Fairy. What an honor.

May Teddy rest in peace. As a fellow Philadelphian I'm saddened to hear this. When he'd belt out that "Close the door baby" nothing could touch it.

Oh no...my heart breaks. One of the very few GREATS.

Sending love & condolences to his family & friends...

RIP Teddy, and thank you so much for all the wonderful music you brought to my ears and to my soul. I'll look for you on the other side.

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Wow, Fairy. What an honor.

May Teddy rest in peace. As a fellow Philadelphian I'm saddened to hear this. When he'd belt out that "Close the door baby" nothing could touch it.
    ITA He was awsome and sexy even after his accident! This was in 1993 at the Apollo Hall of Fame Concert! Heaven's choir just got even better! RIP Teddy-Thanks for the memories!
    Last edited by KateB; 06-15-2015 at 06:29 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

R.I.P. Teddy. He was a beautiful man with a beautiful voice. Fairy, do you have any good stories you could share with us about him?

I was thinking when I heard about his death this morning that there really aren't any men in the business today who come close to Teddy P and Luther Vandross.

Oh this made me cry-what a voice, what a voice, what a voice....RIP Teddy. You are finally out of that chair.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

OMG - Gone before his time.
    RIP - Teddy

I love these. He was so hot.

(no media->)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDkcpQJZbik&feature=related

Last edited by KateB; 06-15-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: repair url tag/moved embed tags to working vid.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    WOW...That must have been so sweet. He was so sexy.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    R.I.P. Teddy. He was a beautiful man with a beautiful voice. Fairy, do you have any good stories you could share with us about him?

I was thinking when I heard about his death this morning that there really aren't any men in the business today who come close to Teddy P and Luther Vandross.
    I was part of a small choir that sang backup on Reach Out and Touch. Two shows nightly for a week - and still had to go to school! He was appearing with Stephanie Mills - they had a couple of duets together at that time. We didn't really have a lot of interaction with Teddy but he was very kind - and so was everyone in his band and his backup singers. I can tell you that Stephanie Mills was PAINFULLY shy - couldn't even look at people! She was such a little bitty cutie pie.

One morning during this time, I was walking to my next class at school and one of my teachers literally grabbed me as I walked by her classroom and asked me WTH I was doing singing with Teddy Pendergrass the night before. Guess she had come to the show and saw me! She wanted him - but she was married to the school district superintendent at the time!

It was such an awesome experience and made me a huge, lifelong fan. I'm grateful for his music and believe09 really said it - he's finally out of that chair.

RIP TP.

Fairy, thanks for sharing that. Stephanie Mills was another of my favorites.

Loved, loved, love that voice. I sat up bymyself last night after I heard the news, and just listened to his music on youtube. Love TKO...the best.

Is It Still Good to Ya? My all time favorite. The horns, the back-up singers. So sexy! I watched him perform this one every night I was there - twice - from backstage. Imagine the view from backstage! Need I say more? I may only have been 17, but I wasn't blind!

RIP Teddy. You were one of the greats. Thanks for sharing your story Fairy. It was lovely.

Songline, I enjoyed your videos.

My prayers and thoughts go out to his friends and family. What a talented, wonderful man.

Goz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast