875 users online (185 members and 690 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WA - Keith Anderson, 62, Anacortes, 6 Jan 2010

Anderson left Anacortes on January 6 to meet with an unidentified acquaintance in the Arlington area. The police said he has not returned home or contacted friends or family with his whereabouts.

He was driving a white 1999 Ford Ranger pickup, Washington license B0811F, described as a standard cab pickup with a matching white canopy.

According the the police department, Anderson has a history of medical problems including depression and high blood pressure. He left his residence with only a small amount of cash, no clothes or other personal items. He may be depressed due to recent family problems.

http://www.anacortesnow.com/content/view/1570/111/
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 06-29-2012 at 04:00 PM.

This man is from my town. What has happened to him is really a puzzle as he is still missing and his truck hasn't been found. He is a counselor at the high school and has been one there for 23 years. I have been told that he has colon cancer that has been in remission but that it had recently come out of remission. Some are afraid that he may have gone off and ended his life. I hope not but he does have a history of depression and so it is a possibility.

I wish we knew if he made it to where he was supposed to be going and meeting with. I heard his cell phone was found in a puddle in front of his home. Rumor though so who knows about that.

I hope he is found soon and is alright. He has a wife and several children who must be worried sick.

Could he have taken the Washington Ferry there? To Canada or ???

Bobbisangel, OT, Hope everything is more peaceful for your family, many prayers for you all.
    Last edited by fhc; 01-14-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    Could he have taken the Washington Ferry there? To Canada or ???

Bobbisangel, OT, Hope everything is more peaceful for your family, many prayers for you all.

Thanks so much. Lots of anger among us but we just have to work through it again and put it behind us. He may still be cocky, a liar with no remorse, but I didn't expect him to change so no surprises there. It is just hard because it brought everything back like it was yesterday. We are survivors so we'll process it and move on. Thanks for caring.

If Keith had taken the ferry he would have had to go north when he said he was going south to meet up with someone. He could have went in the opposite direction though if he was taking off and didn't want anyone to know where he was going. I wish we knew if he did actually meet someone. It is all country in Arlington where he said he was going. Lots of farm country and woods. He could be out there somewhere and never be found. His truck is white though with a white canapy which would show up pretty well unless he went over a cliff and can't be seen from the road.

I wish he would let his family know where he is if it is possible. I can't imagine being in their shoes right now. Being severly depressed can take a person where they would never go if they weren't feeling so horrible. The thought of escaping that pain is really tempting. I've been in that black hole and my granddaughter is what kept me going. No way was that killer's mother going to raise my granddaughter!

I hope this family gets some good news soon.

I read today on Facebook that there has been a rumored sighting of Keith in Sultan, WA.

What an odd story. I actually went to Anacortes High School and Dr. Anderson was so well-respected among EVERY student there!

I wonder what he would be doing in Sultan? I hope it was him and someone is checking that out right now. The whole thing is such a puzzle. Even if he felt the need to go away for awhile it would have been nice to tell his family so they wouldn't think the worst.

One of his children died of RA. I don't know how long ago that was but she was in her 20's and that had to have been so hard for the family. Then with the cancer it isn't a wonder that he is having a lot of trouble with depression.

I didn't realize his son, Jake, is on a crabbing boat now too -- the FV Northwestern on the show, The Deadliest Catch.

I hope and pray Keith is found alive and safe!

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    I didn't realize his son, Jake, is on a crabbing boat now too -- the FV Northwestern on the show, The Deadliest Catch.

I hope and pray Keith is found alive and safe!

Keith's brother was on the news and he said that Keith always saw Jake off when he headed for Alaska but for some reason this time he didn't go down to the dock with him. The only time he ever missed. Odd.

I wish we would hear something. I want to know if he really was going to meet someone and if he met with the person or not. Sultan is by Arlington and so he very likely could have been seen there somewhere. If his phone really was found outside the house in a water puddle then LE can't trace the towers darn it. I wish he would call home and just say he is alright.

Keith is still missing. I wonder if he is dead or alive....if something happened to him or if he just decided to leave...not much info out there.

http://twitgoo.com/biqet
    pic at site

Rotate Left Rotate Right
    Last edited by dreamweaver; 01-22-2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: add pic/poster
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post

One of his children died of RA.
    RA?

tia,

Hoppy
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

For any Deadliest Catch fans, Keith Anderson is the father of the adorable Jake Anderson who works on the Northwestern crab boat. Last year there was an episode about Jake's sister passing away. Here is a link to the story of Keith Anderson's disappearance.

Sorry, AJM I did not notice your post until after I posted mine. Jake and the Northwestern crew are my favorites on this show.
    Last edited by kaelee2; 01-22-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    kaelee2
    Robert Stephen Brown missing since 3/10/2007 located deceased 06/15/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    RA?

tia,

Hoppy
    RA: Chelsea Anderson
    Rheumatoid Arthritis
    Online obituary says she died of complications of pneumonia.
    Last edited by dreamweaver; 01-22-2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: add name
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Missing man’s truck found on logging road

http://heraldnet.com/article/20100124/NEWS01/701249917

Published: Sunday, January 24, 2010

DARRINGTON — The search for missing Anacortes man continued Saturday after his pickup truck was discovered northwest of Darrington.

Police and search and rescue volunteers combed the southeast corner of Skagit County for any sign of Keith Anderson, 62, who’s been missing since Jan. 6, Anacortes police Chief Bonnie Bowers said.

Anderson’s truck was found sometime late Friday or early Saturday off a remote logging road in the area.

Detectives examined the retired school counselor’s vehicle and found no evidence of foul play, Bowers said in a press release.

Anybody have any recent news on this?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast