Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
    The problem is: Nobody here is 'touting' that message as important evidence.

The important evidence is imo:
    The REPEATED lies told by the accused which has been documented/described here over and over. Your 40+ hr interrogation point is a MYTH.
    The destruction of their alibi. Both AK and RS lied about what they were doing that night. When confronted with this, BOTH changed their alibi!!! Why on earth would innocent people do this? NO WAY can RS's reaction to MK's dna being on the knife be seen as anything but a guilty one... he makes up a lie about MK eating dinner with him. OBVIOUSLY the knife and the possibility of her dna being on it was a legitimate concern for him (which is unexplainable from an innocent point of view). AK accuses PL of the murder saying SHE WAS AT THE CRIME SCENE AT THE TIME OF THE MURDER... not once but at least twice. When this false accusation plays out and PL is found completely not involved, she suddenly can not remember what she had done that night (because of pot smoking... come on)... not the 'I was at RS's all night' either (which she claimed first and in emails home later) because RS was no longer providing THAT alibi for her. Seems to be a tangled web she wove... which she then got herself tangled up in.
    Well done

Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to flourish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzle View Post
    March 19, 2010 2:23 PM
    Amanda Knox Court Victory: Wins Money, Not Freedom in Invasion of Privacy Suit

MILAN, Italy (CBS) Amanda Knox has won a monetary victory in an Italian court, in a lawsuit for invasion of privacy. The Seattle native, who's serving a 26-year sentence for the murder of her British roommate Meredith Kercher in November 2007 -- a verdict she is appealing -- was awarded $55,000 in a judgment against an Italian media company for publishing excerpts of Knox's personal notebooks.

The notebooks were confiscated by police in Perugia, Italy when they arrested Knox, and journalist Fiorenza Sarzanini somehow gained access to them, publishing excerpts in several articles and in a book, entitled "Amanda e gli atria" (Amanda and the Others).

The notebooks did not become evidence in Knox's criminal trial. Under Italian law they are considered her private property, and were eventually transferred to the prison where she's held near Perugia.

Knox's Italian lawyer, Carlo dalla Vedova, told CBS News that the finding in Knox's favor is further proof that even though the notebook material was not part of the trial, the jury was negatively influenced by it, and that the prosecution's characterization of her was completely wrong.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...75-504083.html
    Unfortunately, even though they weren't submitted as evidence, we can't say for sure they didn't sway the jury's opinions, you know?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missyjane77 For This Useful Post:

I would have felt a lot better with the verdict if the jury's report had made sense, but it made no sense to me. Their concocted story points more towards reasonable doubt than guilt. Note, I'm not saying AK is absolutely innocent, because I wasn't there and surely I don't know, but I'm not sure there was enough to say, beyond a reasonable doubt, that she participated in the murder. At least not based on the jury's tale of what they thought went down that night.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    I would have felt a lot better with the verdict if the jury's report had made sense, but it made no sense to me. Their concocted story points more towards reasonable doubt than guilt. Note, I'm not saying AK is absolutely innocent, because I wasn't there and surely I don't know, but I'm not sure there was enough to say, beyond a reasonable doubt, that she participated in the murder. At least not based on the jury's tale of what they thought went down that night.
    I do not think Amanda was the one who killed Meredith, but i DO think she was either in the room or in the cottage as Meredith was being killed.

P.S. Does anybody know how long it takes for Maryjane to leave the system of a person?

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    P.S. Does anybody know how long it takes for Maryjane to leave the system of a person?
    There are really a lot of factors that play into that. http://www.concept420.com/how-long-d...tay-system.htm

9. The Following User Says Thank You to missyjane77 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    I do not think Amanda was the one who killed Meredith, but i DO think she was either in the room or in the cottage as Meredith was being killed.

Usually about 3 weeks. If she was there she is just as guilty as the one that did the actual fatal stabbing.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dgfred For This Useful Post:

Apology over Meredith won term cut
    March 22, 2010

An appeals court said it shaved 14 years off the sentence of a man involved in the murder of British student Meredith Kercher because he was the only one of the three defendants to apologise to her family.

Rudy Hermann Guede denied killing Ms Kercher, 21, a Leeds University student from Surrey, but said he should have done more to help her as she lay bleeding in her room in a Perugia flat she shared with Amanda Knox, the American student from Seattle who was also convicted of her killing, Italian reports said.

The appeals court in December upheld Guede's conviction in an earlier trial for sexual assault and murder but cut his prison sentence to 16 years from 30.

By law, Italian courts must give a written explanation of their rulings within a few months of the end of trial. The ANSA and Apcom news agencies said the appeals court also said that while Guede sexually assaulted the woman, he was not the one who stabbed her.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...yBzWC1wU0ZXi1Q
    Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
    ~MLK, Jr.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tizzle For This Useful Post:

Amanda Knox documentary to air on TV, but which version?
    March 22, 2010

"The Trials of Amanda Knox," is a documentary about the West Seattle UW student currently serving a 26-year jail sentence in Italy for the murder of her roommate, Meredith Kercher. The film was released on Great Britain cable TV early January. Google the title and you will find numerous reviews with unshakable takes on the trial based on the evidence presented in the film.

The problem is, there is more than one version of the film. Some versions are more sympathetic to Amanda Knox than others. So, which one will Americans see when it airs here this Sunday, March 28, 8pm, on The Learning Channel?

According to Chris Mellas, Amanda's step-father, there are at least seven versions, and he personally possesses five.

"They contacted our family and wanted our input," said Mellas in an exclusive interview with the West Seattle Herald, referring to the British producers, Eye Films.

"Our initial reaction was 'no.' Then they provided us with little bits (of footage) here and there and our opinions changed a bit. As they investigated more, they found Amanda innocent. The production company felt this wasn’t suitable for a U.K. audience, especially after she was found guilty. The director and filmmaker we were dealing with have been forcibly removed from this production and as a result, the documentary was re-edited and has gone back to its initial focus, that Amanda probably did it. It's been a bitter nasty thing."

http://www.westseattleherald.com/201...-which-version
    Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
    ~MLK, Jr.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tizzle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tizzle View Post
    Apology over Meredith won term cut
    March 22, 2010

An appeals court said it shaved 14 years off the sentence of a man involved in the murder of British student Meredith Kercher because he was the only one of the three defendants to apologise to her family.

Rudy Hermann Guede denied killing Ms Kercher, 21, a Leeds University student from Surrey, but said he should have done more to help her as she lay bleeding in her room in a Perugia flat she shared with Amanda Knox, the American student from Seattle who was also convicted of her killing, Italian reports said.

The appeals court in December upheld Guede's conviction in an earlier trial for sexual assault and murder but cut his prison sentence to 16 years from 30.

By law, Italian courts must give a written explanation of their rulings within a few months of the end of trial. The ANSA and Apcom news agencies said the appeals court also said that while Guede sexually assaulted the woman, he was not the one who stabbed her.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...yBzWC1wU0ZXi1Q
    That's difficult, you know? Would you apologize for something you didn't do? Especially if you were being wrongfully accused? I wouldn't. I'm sure Guede didn't know that his sentence would be shortened by apologizing.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missyjane77 For This Useful Post:

No I would not apologize for something I didn't do. I would defend myself as aggressively as I could.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyGal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    HI Everybody! First time posting on this case here... not sure why, since I've been obsessed with it from the beginning and have followed it religiously! For me, the jury's report made more sense than I'd expected... . The evidence was clear (to me - I realize not everyone agrees, and I don't mean to offend) that AK and RS knew more than they were telling, but the prosecutions theory NEVER made sense to me. Way too far-fetched to assume a couple of a few weeks would a) be bored enough having sex with just another to want an orgy (?) and b) would trust someone they had only known for 2 weeks in committing a murder together.

In that regard, I found the jury's report much more plausible. I'm still not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that they were involved in the murder, but I do think they were involved to an extent.

The main fact I noticed from the jury's report, though, is that their idea of what went on that night doesn't support a first degree murder conviction at all, since they threw out the prosecutions theory of premeditation. So AS and RK should end up getting a significantly reduced sentence in appeal, which I agree with.... I don't think either of them are lifetime 'killers'. Justice for Meredith deserves for AS and RK to spend time in prison, but 25 and 26 years is harsh, based on the circumstances and motivations outlined in the jury's report.

Quote Originally Posted by missyjane77 View Post
    That's difficult, you know? Would you apologize for something you didn't do? Especially if you were being wrongfully accused? I wouldn't. I'm sure Guede didn't know that his sentence would be shortened by apologizing.
    I would think his attorneys would know that an apology might lessen his sentence. They seem to have a weird, imo, system of justice. You get a lesser sentence if you agree to a short trial. You get a lesser sentence if you apologize. I hope they keep a good eye on Rudy when he gets out. Deport him maybe? He can then be somone else' problem.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    I would think his attorneys would know that an apology might lessen his sentence. They seem to have a weird, imo, system of justice. You get a lesser sentence if you agree to a short trial. You get a lesser sentence if you apologize. I hope they keep a good eye on Rudy when he gets out. Deport him maybe? He can then be somone else' problem.
    I agree! With all of the stories he's come out with, it's clear he'll say ANYTHING if there's a chance it will reduce his sentence. It's lucky for him he had some savvy lawyers, since I doubt the person who openly admitted he left Meredith to bleed to death and didn't do anything to save her has a lot of genuine remorse. I wonder if Meredith's parents agree with his sentence basically being reduced by half because he says sorry after the fact.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s_v_c For This Useful Post:

Italian prosecutor seeks life sentence for Knox and Sollecito

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/90962119.html

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

I had missed this article from March. fyi

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...in;contentBody

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast