1071 users online (212 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OH - Margaret Eakin, 57, & 2 children murdered, Canton, 8 June 2009

http://www.cantonrep.com/breaking/x7...on-Latest-news

I have never started a thread so if this has already been posted please move or delete.

Horrible tragedy. Very very typical of the domestic violence cycle though. I the perp cannot get to the one they want to hurt the most. They hurt or kill the ones near and dear to them. In this case it was the Grandmother and two children. It just sends chills up my spine.

From the above link:

Police caught up with him around 8:45 a.m. at an apartment complex in the 1400 block of Fulton Road NW. He was in his vehicle in the parking lot. He was taken into custody.

“Unfortunately, officers discovered in the back seat of the vehicle two children who were expired, apparent victims of knife wounds.”
    At least they caught him, but that's not much consolation. Sick and so very, very sad...

Prayers for the family...
    All comments IMHO, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by maconrich View Post
    From the above link:

At least they caught him, but that's not much consolation. Sick and so very, very sad...

Prayers for the family...
    I heard today that he had slit his children's throats. I think it is a shame he did not just kill himself instead. No punishment is too harsh for this man.

Quote Originally Posted by biggirl;
    [B
    I the perp cannot get to the one they want to hurt the most. They hurt or kill the ones near and dear to them. [/B] In this case it was the Grandmother and two children. It just sends chills up my spine.
    Respectfully snipped and bolded: Or maybe he decided he would punish her by killing three of the most important people to her. She'll carry this with her forever.

Does anyone out there know how to identify these murderous creeps before they act? There must be something about their personalities that give people bad vibes. Probably wishful thinking.
    Last edited by CatMama3; 06-08-2009 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Trying to fix the bolding on first two sentences.
    pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me, pet me, feed me

Quote Originally Posted by CatMama3 View Post
    Respectfully snipped and bolded: Or maybe he decided he would punish her by killing three of the most important people to her. She'll carry this with her forever.

Does anyone out there know how to identify these murderous creeps before they act? There must be something about their personalities that give people bad vibes. Probably wishful thinking.
    BBM
    Well, if you read up on sociopaths, narcisists, etc., that's one way. Knowing the signs is a step in the right direction.

However, I've been pondering this very thing for years and I THINK I've had a revelation. Cain was the first murderer and God put a mark on him so no one would kill him. Well, I've checked foreheads, ears, noses, what have you, but yesterday I discovered the eyes. I spend a lot of time on this board looking at pictures of murderers. The one thing I noticed about the eyes is that one is more squinty-looking/smaller than the other in a head on pic. I'm not sure you could tell that in real life, but I've begun noticing it over and over and over in these killers. Naturally, my theory has had no practice or validation, just something I've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by biggirl View Post
    I heard today that he had slit his children's throats. I think it is a shame he did not just kill himself instead. No punishment is too harsh for this man.
    I did read that and it made me sick to my stomach. ITA he should have done away with himself or at least resisted with violence so the officers could have taken care of him!
    All comments IMHO, etc etc

The link isn't working anymore. Does anyone have an updated one?

http://www.cantonrep.com/communities...-turbulent-one

this POS picture is enough to make me vomit
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/47213067.html

The suspect took his two children down to the garage area in the rear of the complex around 8:15 a.m., Pittman said.

‘‘He put them into their car seats and cut their throats,’’ Pittman said. ‘‘The cops stopped his car as he tried to go out the driveway, but why they didn't do anything before that is beyond me. The kids were already dead.’’

Pittman said Canton police arrested the suspect at about 8:30 a.m.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Just another link, the Canton Rep links don't seem to stay active very long.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/47283302.html

James Mammone Trial, Canton, Ohio

I just realized this trial was going on if any is interested.

http://blogs.cantonrep.com/category/mammone/

http://www.cantonrep.com/stark/canto...ll-his-ex-wife
    This is a timeline of the day he killed them, really chilling.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast