Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    I sure wish I knew WHERE she is staying. I already ran into Dad, Brad or whatever at Harris Teeter. Sickening feeling. I mean, would she have to be on house arrest or something, or could she be running around the mall? ack!
    She is staying with an aunt on Mary Street in Fayetteville.

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/7110123/

I hope everyone including LE are keeping a close eye on her. My question is what is going to become of her baby after she delivers? Poor thing already faces a questionable life, to say the least.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    I'm not trying to pretty this up. I was trying to answer a basic question that no one else seemed willing to.
    Hoppy, it is just difficult to answer that particular question thoroughly and accurately without running afoul of warnings we've been given.

Were we ever able to determine what the formal custody arrangement was for Shaniya, or did we conclude that there was no formal arrangement? I will look back myself if nobody recalls.
    If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    ~Emily Dickinson~

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to southern_comfort For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    When/where? I'm a few hours away but may drive down...
    At work and can't google too much
    Yesterday, online news updates reported that she was staying with an aunt and doing well.
    I can look for the link later. It said the name & town. I had hoped that demonstrators would have been outside the home .......

'doing well'

hows her daughter doing? does she even remember her?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kbl8201 For This Useful Post:

I just saw that JVM is covering AD's release tonight on HLN.

The clip said she will be interviewing Shaniya's heartbroken father about this latest development.
    Or cool one pain,
    Unto his nest again,
    ~Emily Dickinson~

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to southern_comfort For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    So when/where is the hearing? And who's thinking of going? Thanks!
    The next hearing date is April 15. You can check the calendar here:
    http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cale...&submit=Search

I'm thinking of going if I can possibly swing it. Even if it ends up being postponed yet again, I really like the idea of a public showing for Shaniya. I don't want her memory to fade, and I want everyone to know that she has not been forgotten and that we expect justice.

I am also working on an additional idea, but I'm not sure there's enough public information for me to pull it off. I'd like to present the prosecutor with a gift of sorts... perhaps a well-written memorandum supporting the elements of hypothetical charges against certain individuals who could have prevented this tragedy, but didn't. Who knows... maybe it will provide an impetus toward justice for Shaniya. Worst case, I will have actively done *something*.
    Or cool one pain,
    Unto his nest again,
    ~Emily Dickinson~

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to southern_comfort For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_comfort View Post
    Hoppy, it is just difficult to answer that particular question thoroughly and accurately without running afoul of warnings we've been given.

Were we ever able to determine what the formal custody arrangement was for Shaniya, or did we conclude that there was no formal arrangement? I will look back myself if nobody recalls.
    I'm not Hoppy, but I'd like to answer this.

After following this case since the beginning, reading and re-reading threads and media articles I can say I've never seen anywhere that said there was a formal custody arrangement.
    I think this may have been a big part of the problem.

BL and Aunt Carey really didn't have the authority to go get Shaniya when AD suddenly stated they could not have her back or would never see her again. (Whatever she said to Carey on the phone)

That's my take on it anyway.

I don't think BL ever had legal custody and it was never an issue because AD didn't want her until she saw profit or free drugs when she looked at her daughter.

JMO

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    I'm not Hoppy, but I'd like to answer this.

After following this case since the beginning, reading and re-reading threads and media articles I can say I've never seen anywhere that said there was a formal custody arrangement.
    I think this may have been a big part of the problem.

BL and Aunt Carey really didn't have the authority to go get Shaniya when AD suddenly stated they could not have her back or would never see her again. (Whatever she said to Carey on the phone)

That's my take on it anyway.

I don't think BL ever had legal custody and it was never an issue because AD didn't want her until she saw profit or free drugs when she looked at her daughter.

JMO
    Thanks so much, Kimberly. The second part of that post was a general question, and not intended to be directed to Hoppy in particular. Thanks for answering!
    Or cool one pain,
    Unto his nest again,
    ~Emily Dickinson~

15. The Following User Says Thank You to southern_comfort For This Useful Post:

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    I just heard the news..and I am sick!! I know all about the rules of bail so on and so forth, but it STILL disgusts me!! I also have my own ideas about the source of the collateral used,and the reasoning behind it.

I must say I am speechless, and good thing...because i could get in ALOT of trouble! Like someone once said, we do not have a Justice system, we have a LEGAL system...two very different animals!

I too am very concerned about this baby she is carrying...
    Robert Harrod will be found.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by reen View Post
    She is staying with an aunt on Mary Street in Fayetteville.
    must....go....drive....past...heck I won't be the only one, Ramsey St. is a huge, busy road. I dont know who or what I expect to see. But tomorrow when there is plenty of daylight, I'm gonna see it.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atomic For This Useful Post:

must....go....drive....past...heck I won't be the only one, Ramsey St. is a huge, busy road. I dont know who or what I expect to see. But tomorrow when there is plenty of daylight, I'm gonna see it.
    You are my God!!!! I am with you in spirit!!! :-)

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

I missed Jane... did she talk about Shaniya?
    Or cool one pain,
    Unto his nest again,
    ~Emily Dickinson~

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Southern: Yes JVM did discuss the Shaniya case tonight. BL was a phone guest.

Very sad.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by suzyq211 View Post
    You are my God!!!! I am with you in spirit!!! :-)

Well folks it was rather uneventful. I was unable to determine which house, but none of it was pretty. At the turn in to Mary st. on one side is a bar/lounge with iron bars on the windows, the corner is the housing authority. There are only about 10 houses on the street, two well maintained, and the others, pretty trashed. There were some shady characters on the corners, but no signs of anyone else being awake or at home on that street.

On the drive I thought of Shaniya being pulled from school, and the wonderful things my own child the same age is enjoying in kindergarten. Shaniya would be reading a book to her parents at night, and most likely a class trip to the circus this week.

It is my understanding that Shaniya was still enrolled at Morganton rd school when she left to live at Sleepy Hollow, that's a long, long drive. Everyone had to know she was not enrolled in a new school near her new home. I know its only one red flag that was missed, I just dont understand why no one thought hey, wait, she is not in school , something is wrong!!!

Anyway.
    Anyone interested in meeting at the courthouse for the hearing, let me know!

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Atomic For This Useful Post:

Well folks it was rather uneventful. I was unable to determine which house, but none of it was pretty. At the turn in to Mary st. on one side is a bar/lounge with iron bars on the windows, the corner is the housing authority. There are only about 10 houses on the street, two well maintained, and the others, pretty trashed. There were some shady characters on the corners, but no signs of anyone else being awake or at home on that street.

On the drive I thought of Shaniya being pulled from school, and the wonderful things my own child the same age is enjoying in kindergarten. Shaniya would be reading a book to her parents at night, and most likely a class trip to the circus this week.

It is my understanding that Shaniya was still enrolled at Morganton rd school when she left to live at Sleepy Hollow, that's a long, long drive. Everyone had to know she was not enrolled in a new school near her new home. I know its only one red flag that was missed, I just dont understand why no one thought hey, wait, she is not in school , something is wrong!!!

Anyway.
    Anyone interested in meeting at the courthouse for the hearing, let me know!
    Thank you for the play-by-play...I wish I lived closer!! I also need to see things, just for my own sake.

I think about that pic of Shaniya proudly posing with her backpack on I guess the first day of school, and I want to vomit. I am FURIOUS that some of the ADULTS that caused/allowed this to happen are free. I just cant stand it!

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast