995 users online (159 members and 836 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Edward Alan Shea???

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/shea_edward.html

I tried overlaying the images, and they align quite well if you allow a reasonable tolerance for the fact that Edward's head is turned slightly to his left.

ETA: I sent an e-mail to VanNorman.
    The similarities in the teeth are uncanny. According to the Charley Project, Edward Shea was last seen in Las Vegas, which is up I-15 from Ontario, CA
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-12-2012 at 02:47 AM.

Two exclusions on Namus https://identifyus.org/cases/982 as of 10 August 2014:

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Matthew Garnes 1968 Washington
    John Nellans 1966 California

Edward Shea isn't on the list.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I started browsing through yearbooks from Ontario CA to see if I could find anyone with similar teeth.

The first book I checked was the 1984 Canyon View High School yearbook. CVHS is a school for developmentally disabled kids, and quite a few of the students appear to have Down's Syndrome. There are also several kids who have smiles that are badly out of alignment. In fact, the very first photo in the book is of a kid with glasses (his initials are RA) shows him smiling with a wide open mouth, and his teeth are very similar to those of our John Doe.

The photo isn't clear enough to be sure, but this might be a very good place to start when trying to ID this John Doe. He may have been an abandoned developmentally disabled teen or young adult.

I started browsing through yearbooks from Ontario CA to see if I could find anyone with similar teeth.

The first book I checked was the 1984 Canyon View High School yearbook. CVHS is a school for developmentally disabled kids, and quite a few of the students appear to have Down's Syndrome. There are also several kids who have smiles that are badly out of alignment. In fact, the very first photo in the book is of a kid with glasses (his initials are RA) shows him smiling with a wide open mouth, and his teeth are very similar to those of our John Doe.

The photo isn't clear enough to be sure, but this might be a very good place to start when trying to ID this John Doe. He may have been an abandoned developmentally disabled teen or young adult.
    There is one guy in the book (initals JS, with a Greek sounding surname), who looks just like our John Doe, and has similarly gapped teeth. However, the SocSec Death Index indicates that he died in 2001. The resemblance is strong enough that it makes me I wonder if his death was verified, or whether (as is sometimes the case) he was declared dead without a body.

Hm, interesting. I take it he's not in any of the missing persons lists?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Hm, interesting. I take it he's not in any of the missing persons lists?
    No, he's not. And it would seem very unlikely that he is this John Doe. There is an interesting resemblance though, including the teeth.

No clothes found with him.. makes solving this tricky. Is tooth decay due to drug use an option?

Quote Originally Posted by astridxx View Post
    No clothes found with him.. makes solving this tricky. Is tooth decay due to drug use an option?
    Whenever a homicide victim is found in an abandoned house, I tend to assume there's a likelihood drugs are involved. Especially in a case like this where he doesn't seem to have been a homeless person. That might also explain why he doesn't seem to match any missing persons reports -- most places won't take a report for somebody who's wanted for a crime or considered a fugitive or anything like that.

Hm. Looking at lists of outstanding warrants around the area might be a place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by astridxx View Post
    Tooth decay can happen from abusing many things. If you're high all of the time, you don't think/care to brush them and they could be damaged. Many stimulants can make you grind your teeth, which can exacerbate problems from not brushing.

But I didn't see mention of dental damage other than the missing tooth and the others growing in accordingly misaligned.

I'm more interested in the lack of clothing. I know there can be violence/murder in the drug world, but I didn't think they stripped you.

That's true. It makes you think there was something about his clothing that could be identifying.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Whenever a homicide victim is found in an abandoned house, I tend to assume there's a likelihood drugs are involved. Especially in a case like this where he doesn't seem to have been a homeless person. That might also explain why he doesn't seem to match any missing persons reports -- most places won't take a report for somebody who's wanted for a crime or considered a fugitive or anything like that.

Hm. Looking at lists of outstanding warrants around the area might be a place to start.
    shades of fontana john doe in 1/13.....

was he sexually assaulted? i guess it doesnt say. odd that he was naked.

Bumping
    Who was Walker County Jane Doe?

John Doe - February 9, 1968 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread
    John Doe - October 31, 1967 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread

Update on DoeNetwork says that this fellow's remains were found in 2000 and just recently identified. I was going to post something about that but his thread is "locked" or "closed" or what-have-you.

John Patrick Nellans
    John Patrick Nellans (4368DMCA), 19, missing since January 16, 1986, from San Diego, California, was located deceased in a wooded area of Clairemont in 2000 but not identified until 2016. Read more here.
    Identify the Missing Day’ may lead to loved ones
    San Diego Union Tribune
    San Diego, CA
    3/14/2016
    (via DoeNetwork)

Doe Network is reporting that he's been identified. doenetwork.org/cases/695umca.html
    Who was Walker County Jane Doe?

John Doe - February 9, 1968 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread
    John Doe - October 31, 1967 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast