Sack of Bones Discovered When Coffin Exhumed

It said in the article that her family wanted to move her to a different town, the coffin broke apart while she was being moved. I'm guessing that family members had moved away from the town she was buried in and they wanted to have her more local.

VB

this is probably a missing person that was never to be found!!!

So was the woman in there? Or just this bag of bones? :waitasec:

So was the woman in there? Or just this bag of bones? :waitasec:

The article doesn't say that the family member, a woman who died of cancer in 1970, was in the coffin. It does say that the medical examiner is attempting to determine the cause of death of the adult human bones that were in a plastic bag and fell out of the coffin when it broke apart on the bottom and side.
So there can be an assumption that the coffin held the family member plus the bones.

The family wanted to move their loved one to a family plot, the reason for the move. :)
I can't imagine how I would feel if that happened to me. My loved one sharing her resting place with some unknown person, even if they were seperated by plastic.

Would being placed in a plastic bag prevent a body from decomposing?
I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I thought I'd throw my stupidity out there anyhow...:)

Yes, I guess I did assume it, thinking that if the woman's body was missing, the article would've mentioned it. You're right. I hope they're extracting DNA from those unidentified bones...

Now I'm wondering if there were any missing people from this area at the time of the womans funeral?

VB

Did they say if the bag of bones was human? and not that of her dog?? or something?

This is wild. Is it true that the coffin broke apart? Poor family. I wonder if someone at the funeral home put them in there and hide them before the coffin was closed.:twocents:

It brings to mind what that freaky Bindner guy from California said. I think it was him, anyway. He said that if he was going to get rid of a body, he would put it in an open grave right before the coffin is put in.

This is wild. Is it true that the coffin broke apart? Poor family. I wonder if someone at the funeral home put them in there and hide them before the coffin was closed.:twocents:

When I was living in the Orlando area (was there for many,many years)a funeral director from somewhere around Deland,Fl confessed to murdering his wife, and then placing her body at the bottom of a casket under the body of a woman who died. He stated that he placed his wife's body under the bottom of the mattress in the casket of a woman he prepared for viewing. I never did understand why he confessed - LE was suspicious of him but had no evidence. One of the investigating LE officers said that he would have never thought the funeral director would so such a thing. I am going to try to find a link to the articles. I can't remember the year this happened, but will post a link as soon as I find it.

Below is a link to a story about the funeral director I wrote about in my previous post. According to the article the funeral director placed his wife in a casket with a woman who was not being viewed. I wrongly stated that the woman whose casket his wife was placed in was viewed. Bad memory in my part, sorry. Anyway, here is the link. Other than being a funeral director and taking adavantage of a casket as a way to hide the body, this man was a typical controlling spouse who kills his wife, IMHO. Read on:

http://www.funeralserviceprofessional.com/Funeral_Service_News_29601.html#buries remains with

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back