VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Two-year-old abducted from SE Roanoke apartment, police say

By Jorge Valencia

Police are investigating a report that three men walked into a Southeast Roanoke apartment, knocked a man unconscious, bound and restrained a four year-old girl and took a two year-old boy with them.

Officers were called to the 2100 block of King Charles Avenue Southeast about 6:40 p.m., where a woman told officers her son, Aveion M. Lewis, was abducted, said Roanoke Police Capt. Curtis Davis.

The three suspects were possibly traveling in a white SUV, Davis said.

Investigators are looking suspects matching the following descriptions:

* A six foot two inches dark complexion black man of medium build in his late 20s, wearing a black sweatshirt, jacket and scarf.

* A five foot 11 inch light complexion black man in his late 20s of medium to muscular build with dread locked hair and slanted eyes, wearing a red Saint Louis Cardinals baseball cap.

* A five foot 11 inch light complexion black man of thin build wearing a black hat with white writing on it, a white shirt and blue jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 853-2411.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/233017

According to police, the mother says three men walked into their apartment King Charles Avenue around 6:30, and assaulted a male unconscious.

When he woke up, he found the two year old missing and a four year old female bound and restrained.

We understand a police helicopter is in the air looking for a white SUV.

State police are preparing to issue an Amber Alert for the boy.

Stay with News7 for the latest on this developing story.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11826595

51657109.jpg

It's been 5 hours (I think, my math might be off) since the abduction, and they are still "preparing" to issue an AMBER Alert? Not sure what I think about the story right now, but just hoping that little Aveion is somewhere safe.

Another question. The articles are saying that the "mother" is reporting that the suspects entered the home, knocked out the man, tied up the girl, and took Aveion. Was the mother home at the time? What happened to her? Was she out of the home? Who is the man who was knocked out? Is this the story he told her? How does this all fit together?

Another question. The articles are saying that the "mother" is reporting that the suspects entered the home, knocked out the man, tied up the girl, and took Aveion. Was the mother home at the time? What happened to her? Was she out of the home? Who is the man who was knocked out? Is this the story he told her? How does this all fit together?

no kidding - too many questions here right?

it smelled fishy to me as soon as I read it too, Idaho....I keep refreshing my search to get an update on the story.

whatever it is that happened, I sure want this little angel to be found safe.

why would they tie upa 4 yr old, and take the 2 year old??

either the story is crap, or there is drugs invovled. JMO

I am wondering about the relationships between all the persons here. Prayers for the little angel. I suppose the news will come out re: Who is the father and etc. I sure hope it isn't drugs and the baby is safe.

What it seems to me is possibly the two year old may have had a different father, seems the only possible thing to me... Will check back on this case.

something about this just isn't right..hope the child is ok

HERE IS A COPY OF THE PRESS RELEASE:
Roanoke Police Department Requests Public's Assistance in Searching for Missing Child The Roanoke Police Department is investigating a reported abduction of a two year old male. Officers responded on January 14, 2010, at 6:41 p.m. to an apartment in the 2100 block of King Charles Avenue. An adult female stated that her two year old son had been abducted from her home. The initial investigation indicates that three or more suspects entered the residence, assaulted an adult male in the residence, and reportedly knocked him unconscious. When the male awoke he reported that a two year old male child in the apartment was missing, and a four year old female child was bound and restrained. The suspects are described as three black males.

I am with the rest of you. Something is really 'off' here.
Where was mom when all this took place?

Why would three men take a two year old boy?
Why would they knock out a grown man and tie up a 4 yr old girl?

I hope the police are questioning mom and the adult man tonight.
Any fingerprints in the house?
Any security cameras nearby?

What does the 4 yr old have to say?
Alone, with a child advocate?

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local...oke_police_searching_for_missing_child/74825/
Amber Alert news.

UPDATED 3:40 a.m.
State Police have issued an Amber Alert for 2-year-old Aveion M. Lewis.
They say he was last seen wearing a yellow Sponge Bob Squarepants Footie Pajamas.
Investigators say his stepfather was knocked unconscious after he opened the back door of the family’s apartment.
State Police say a note requesting money was left behind.
State Police also say the three suspects had been hanging around the back of the apartment, and the stepfather had asked them to leave.
If you have any information, call Roanoke Police Department at (540) 853-2212 or Virginia State Police at 1-800-822-4453 (1-800-VACHILD).
For more information: http://www.vaamberalert.com/

Information from http://www.vaamberalert.com/

MISSING:
Aveion Malik Lewis
Race : black
Date of Birth : 01/26/2007
Height : 2 feet 06 inches
Weight : 26 Lbs
Hair: Close Cut Black
Eyes: Brown
Date and Time of Abduction: Jan 14, 2010 05:00 PM
Circumstances:
Child was last seen at 2162 King Charles Av SE, Roanoke, Virginia. Child was last seen wearing a yellow Sponge Bob Squarepants Footie Pajamas.
Additional Significant Identifiers or Conditions of Child:
On 01-14-10 between 1640 hours and 1700 hours, Aveion Lewis was taken from his home after his stepfather was knocked unconscious after opening the back door of the residence.

ABDUCTOR 1:
Tony Unknown
Black male, 6 feet 02 inches, wearing black hoodie shirt, black Puffy fur collar jacket, black du rag. Dark complexion black male, stocky build, full beard, and in his late twenties Had been hanging around the victim's residence even after stepfather told the individual to get away from their residence. unknown if armed

ABDUCTOR 2:
Unknown Unknown
black male, 5 feet 11 inches, dreadlocks hair, wearing Red baseball cap. Light complexion black male, muscular upper body, in his late twenties Was seen hanging around the victim's home after being told to leave.

ABDUCTOR 3:
Unknown Unknown
black male, 5 feet 11 inches, wearing brown with white writing hat . Light complexion black male with no facial hair. 23 or 24 years old Was seen hanging outside around the victim's home even after stepfather asked the three males to go away from the back of their residence. Unknown if armed. A note was left requesting money

No Photograph available
May be traveling in a 90's Blazer Chevy , White. unknown.

This is an odd one and it's not passing the smell test. I could be wrong of course. Hopefully it's not another case of a parent claiming a kidnapping to explain the death and absence of a child.

This is not one of Roanoke's safest neighborhoods. In fact, this is one area that is known as the projects. Not as bad as a couple of the other local project areas, but still not a good area.

I'm in VA and I heard the Amber Alert this morning on the news. I also listen to talk radio (WNIS) once I get to work. At every break they're mentioning the Amber Alert for little Aveion. He is one gorgeous little boy and I hope and pray that he's safe and will be returned to his Mom. I have to agree though the story sounds fishy. I have to wonder too if the mother was at home at the time or if this is the story the boyfriend is giving her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth