793 users online (104 members and 689 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NY - Plum Island, BlkMale UP6618, 55-65, at disease lab site, Jan'10

Jan 15, 3:55 AM EST

Body found on NY's Plum Island, disease lab site

PLUM ISLAND, N.Y. (AP) -- A human body has washed ashore on suburban New York's tiny Plum Island, where the U.S. government has an aging lab for studying dangerous animal diseases.

Police say a security guard on foot patrol discovered the clothed body Thursday afternoon on the southwest beach area of the island, where access is restricted.

Police say the partially decomposed body was that of a white male about 6 feet tall with a large build and very long fingers. They say there were no obvious signs of trauma.

The Suffolk County medical examiner will perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-14-2013 at 05:48 PM.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

I wonder if that's the fisherman who washed off a boat off Nantucket in a storm a couple of weeks ago? Seems like the wrong direction for the currents, but everything's been screwy this winter and he hasn't washed up in the expected places.

I'm hoping it rings a bell with someone......wasn't real sure where to put it. Is there a thread for the fisherman? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    I'm hoping it rings a bell with someone......wasn't real sure where to put it. Is there a thread for the fisherman? TIA
    I doubt it. I can't even find the local news article right now -- fishermen going overboard are such a common occurrence in New England that they don't usually make the news beyond their local community.

update -- found it. My bad, it was Narragansett, not Nantucket:

http://newsblog.projo.com/2009/11/fi...waters-of.html

But that's even closer to where the body was found.
    Last edited by carbuff; 01-15-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Police on Long Island say an autopsy found no immediate cause of death but determined the partially decomposed body was that of a black male about 6 feet tall with a large build and very long fingers. They say there were no obvious signs of trauma.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

Is your first post your typo or was there a correction in the news article?

Someone changed the ethnicity of the victim from white to black.

Remember this article from early summer? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=Plum+IslandL

Weird, huh?

Stacy Adams is a mens clothing CO. http://www.stacyadams.com/shop-sa/index.ep

-black
    -5 feet, 10 inches tall, 160 - 190 pounds
    -50-70 years
    and between 50 and 70 years old
    - a light green, three-button shirt with dark green horizontal stripes
    -green cargo pants with buttons inscribed "God Body Collection," -size 10 brown loafers
    -blue plaid boxer shorts
    -a belt with a buckle inscribed "Stacy Adams."

-a well-healed head injury
    -prior neurosurgery
    -took Dilantin and Phenobarbital
    http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/03/bo...nd-ny-c-1.html

I am surprised that this body has not been identified yet - makes me wonder if he has even been reported missing. Surely someone some where must wonder what has happened to him?

Yes, surprised he has not been identified. I am not a Dr, but I thought Phenobarbitol was used for seizures. Dilantin is too. Maybe this man had a seizure and fell off a boat or something.

If he had a head injury and indications of neurosurgery, that could mean he developed seizures as a consequence of the accident?
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

True, or he had surgery to control the seizures. I had an old boyfriend who had a problem with seizures and had surgery to minimize them. I noticed that he was partially decomposed--was he actually found in the water or on the beach (washed up from the water) or was he found further up from the water (meaning--did he somehow walk or was brought to that area?)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    If he had a head injury and indications of neurosurgery, that could mean he developed seizures as a consequence of the accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    True, or he had surgery to control the seizures. I had an old boyfriend who had a problem with seizures and had surgery to minimize them. I noticed that he was partially decomposed--was he actually found in the water or on the beach (washed up from the water) or was he found further up from the water (meaning--did he somehow walk or was brought to that area?)
    I thought after the surgery to control the seizures A person wouldnt need to take both of the medications any longer? My daughters, I wish she would break up with again boyfriend, had that surgery done and does not take the meds at all. Did your ex have to take meds still ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast