NY NY - Warwick, Palisades State Park, Sterling Forest area, WhtMale 40-70, UP9788, Nike shoes, Feb'05

shadowangel

Black cats consider me unlucky.
Reaction score
From The Doe Network :

Case File 700UMNY

700UMNY.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Male
  • The victim was discovered on February 15, 2005 in Town of Warwick, Orange County, New York
  • Estimated Date of Death: between 5 and 10 years.
  • Skeletal remains

Vital Statistics
  • Estimated age: 50 - 55 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Pelvic fracture
  • Dentals: Available
  • Clothing: Nike sneakers
Case History
Skeletal remains were found by hikers in the Sterling Forest area of the Palisades State Park, approximately 3 miles into the woods off Lone Meadow Road in the Town of Warwick, Orange County, N.Y.

This is another of those cases that nags at me....Ive hiked this area extensively and, if the remains were near an established trail, I was probably very close to him at some point. Some of the details bother me as well, namely the lack of any hiking gear being found near the body. There have been quite a few UIDs found in hiking areas of Orange and Rockland Counties in NY, which is surprising since New York City is only 50 miles (or less) away. Its not like these people were hiking in the Rockies, days from the nearest sign of civilization.
Another thing that bothers me is the fractured pelvis...It saddens me to consider that this may have resulted in his death, falling near a trail and being unable to find help.

Anyway...Just wanted some opinions on this missing person from Utah.

Also from The Doe Network:

Case File 2002DMUT
WPavlik.jpg

Wayne Pavlik
Missing since February 2, 1999 from Salt Lake City, Utah
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: March 14, 1958
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 41 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'4"; 220 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Wayne has been missing since 1999. Unknown direction of travel. He was born in Pennsylvania.

Being originally from PA, western Orange County NY puts him "close to home". The re-creation and Wayne's photo seem close. Slight differential in the age, but with a UID who's been out in the elements for 5 to 10 years.....

According to Namus dental charting or DNA are currently not available for Wayne Pavlik.
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4520/0/

I wonder about the glasses that Wayne Pavlik wears. Apparently none were found near the body? If he wore them all the time he wouldn't have gone hiking without them.
It's a bit odd to me that he was photographed with his glasses on crookedly. It looks like a posed photo for an ID of some kind and he didn't straighten them or take them off. You sometimes see similar things in mugshots when the photographee is drunk and has just come from a fight and broken their glasses but otherwise it tends to annoy people that their glasses are not straight.

Throwing out some possibles:

Edward Fritz

George Ostermann

Joseph Consentino

From The Doe Network :

Case File 700UMNY

700UMNY.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Male
  • The victim was discovered on February 15, 2005 in Town of Warwick, Orange County, New York
  • Estimated Date of Death: between 5 and 10 years.
  • Skeletal remains

Vital Statistics
  • Estimated age: 50 - 55 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Pelvic fracture
  • Dentals: Available
  • Clothing: Nike sneakers
Case History
Skeletal remains were found by hikers in the Sterling Forest area of the Palisades State Park, approximately 3 miles into the woods off Lone Meadow Road in the Town of Warwick, Orange County, N.Y.

This is another of those cases that nags at me....Ive hiked this area extensively and, if the remains were near an established trail, I was probably very close to him at some point. Some of the details bother me as well, namely the lack of any hiking gear being found near the body. There have been quite a few UIDs found in hiking areas of Orange and Rockland Counties in NY, which is surprising since New York City is only 50 miles (or less) away. Its not like these people were hiking in the Rockies, days from the nearest sign of civilization.
Another thing that bothers me is the fractured pelvis...It saddens me to consider that this may have resulted in his death, falling near a trail and being unable to find help.

Anyway...Just wanted some opinions on this missing person from Utah.

Also from The Doe Network:

Case File 2002DMUT
WPavlik.jpg

Wayne Pavlik
Missing since February 2, 1999 from Salt Lake City, Utah
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: March 14, 1958
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 41 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'4"; 220 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Wayne has been missing since 1999. Unknown direction of travel. He was born in Pennsylvania.

Being originally from PA, western Orange County NY puts him "close to home". The re-creation and Wayne's photo seem close. Slight differential in the age, but with a UID who's been out in the elements for 5 to 10 years.....

I think they look alike, it's too bad there isn't more info. on W.P. though, I have been looking for any additional information on him. I thought he could possibly be a john doe (skeletal remains) found in Colorado camping on Flat Tops.

Unidentified: Town of Warwick, Orange County​

NIC #U970018262
Basic Information
Race:
White
Sex: Male
Height: Unknown
Other: Pelvic fracture
Remains Found: 02/15/2005
Skeletal remains were found by hikers in the Sterling Forest area of the Palisades State Park, approximately three miles into the woods off Lone Meadow Road, town of Warwick, Orange County, N.Y. The remains have been in the woods between 5 and 10 years. The victim was wearing Nike sneakers. Dental records are available.
If you have any information, please call:
New York State Police
Troop F, Bureau of Criminal Investigation, Monroe, NY
(845) 782-8311
or e-mail the information to: nysvicap@troopers.ny.gov

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads