1277 users online (238 members and 1039 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 109
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,019

    Right, shut your face and do as I tell you

    We are having a desolate spell on here right about now so I have decided that you all have to be given a job. The January job is the 1997 interviews. You have until Sunday to volunteer for a few pages or I'll volunteer you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    5,053
    err,
    yes mam'.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    Sophie, I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but here goes:

    ST: And for the purpose of the tape, we’re back on at five minutes till noon.
    TT: Patsy, let’s go ahead and um, start out on December 26th when you first woke up in the morning . . .
    PR: Um hum.
    TT: . . .and again as you (inaudible) on the 25th, kind of give us a, almost a play by play, minute by minute, what did you do when you got out of bed? Where was John at? That sort of thing. All the way through the morning to the afternoon. Let’s kind of take it, we’ll take it in little chunks.
    PR: Okay. Um, we got up at about 5:30, I think. I think John got up first and I got up just right behind him and he went to his bathroom and shower. I went to my bathroom. I did not shower that morning and I just put my clothes on and uh, did my hair and makeup and uh and then I started down the stairs, John was still in the bathroom and went uh, I stopped kind of briefly there in the laundry room area um, and I remember the ironing board was up I think and I fussed around with this little red jumpsuit of JonBenet’s cause it had, had some spots on it and I was going to remember to do something with that when I got back and uh, so I had, I had the light on in there in the laundry room area and uh, um then I started down the spiral staircase there. I came, I had come back down, I’d come down the back bedroom stairs there. . .
    TT: Okay.
    PR: . . .from my bathroom. Um, I started down the spiral stairs and when I got nearly to the bottom I saw these three pieces of paper, like notebook size paper, on, on the run of the stairs and uh, I went on down and turned around and started reading, reading it. . .
    TT: Um hum.
    PR: And uh, I, I remember reading the first couple of lines and I kind of, didn’t know what it was or uh, and then I (inaudible) you know after the first couple of lines I, it dawned on me, it said something about, ‘We have your daughter’ or something . . .
    TT: Um hum.
    PR: And I uh, I ran back upstairs and pushed open the door to her room and she wasn’t in her bed.
    TT: Okay.
    PR: And I uh, screamed for John. He was up in our bedroom still and he came running down and uh, I told him that there was a note that said she had been kidnapped. And uh, uh, I think he, he said, I said, ‘What should I do. What should I do,’ or something and he said, ‘Call the police,’ and I think somewhere, I remember I said something about, you know, check Burke or something and I think he ran back and checked Burke and I ran back down the stairs and then he came downstairs. He was just in his underwear and he uh, took the note and I remember him being down hunched on the floor read, with all three pages out like that reading it and uh, and he said, ‘Call 911’ or ‘Call the police,’ or something and then I did. I called them and uh, and then I called the Whites and the Fernies and told them that she had been kidnapped or said come over quickly or something and they came over and the policeman came and uh, then the Whites and the Fernies were there and uh . . .Oh, I think the policeman was asking, you know, he kind of like, I think he kind of got us (inaudible) in the sun room or something.
    TT: Okay.
    PR: That little room, patio room. . .
    TT: Um hum.

    Patsy gets up and does not shower – really?
    Patsy puts on the same clothes from the night before – Former Miss West Virginia, really?
    They check Burke, but don’t wake him up to make sure he hasn’t been killed in bed, or to ask him if he has heard anything?
    Patsy is hysterical, John is the cool CEO, and yet he tells her to call 911.
    Despite the clear warning in the ransom note, they not only call 911 but fail to convey to the dispatcher that visible police presence might lead to the death of their daughter.
    To further endanger their daughter they call friends over to the house - what is this, some sort of Christmas after-party?
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Sophie, I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but here goes:

    ST: And for the purpose of the tape, we’re back on at five minutes till noon.
    TT: Patsy, let’s go ahead and um, start out on December 26th when you first woke up in the morning . . .
    PR: Um hum.
    TT: . . .and again as you (inaudible) on the 25th, kind of give us a, almost a play by play, minute by minute, what did you do when you got out of bed? Where was John at? That sort of thing. All the way through the morning to the afternoon. Let’s kind of take it, we’ll take it in little chunks.
    PR: Okay. Um, we got up at about 5:30, I think. I think John got up first and I got up just right behind him and he went to his bathroom and shower. I went to my bathroom. I did not shower that morning and I just put my clothes on and uh, did my hair and makeup and uh and then I started down the stairs, John was still in the bathroom and went uh, I stopped kind of briefly there in the laundry room area um, and I remember the ironing board was up I think and I fussed around with this little red jumpsuit of JonBenet’s cause it had, had some spots on it and I was going to remember to do something with that when I got back and uh, so I had, I had the light on in there in the laundry room area and uh, um then I started down the spiral staircase there. I came, I had come back down, I’d come down the back bedroom stairs there. . .
    TT: Okay.
    PR: . . .from my bathroom. Um, I started down the spiral stairs and when I got nearly to the bottom I saw these three pieces of paper, like notebook size paper, on, on the run of the stairs and uh, I went on down and turned around and started reading, reading it. . .
    TT: Um hum.
    PR: And uh, I, I remember reading the first couple of lines and I kind of, didn’t know what it was or uh, and then I (inaudible) you know after the first couple of lines I, it dawned on me, it said something about, ‘We have your daughter’ or something . . .
    TT: Um hum.
    PR: And I uh, I ran back upstairs and pushed open the door to her room and she wasn’t in her bed.
    TT: Okay.
    PR: And I uh, screamed for John. He was up in our bedroom still and he came running down and uh, I told him that there was a note that said she had been kidnapped. And uh, uh, I think he, he said, I said, ‘What should I do. What should I do,’ or something and he said, ‘Call the police,’ and I think somewhere, I remember I said something about, you know, check Burke or something and I think he ran back and checked Burke and I ran back down the stairs and then he came downstairs. He was just in his underwear and he uh, took the note and I remember him being down hunched on the floor read, with all three pages out like that reading it and uh, and he said, ‘Call 911’ or ‘Call the police,’ or something and then I did. I called them and uh, and then I called the Whites and the Fernies and told them that she had been kidnapped or said come over quickly or something and they came over and the policeman came and uh, then the Whites and the Fernies were there and uh . . .Oh, I think the policeman was asking, you know, he kind of like, I think he kind of got us (inaudible) in the sun room or something.
    TT: Okay.
    PR: That little room, patio room. . .
    TT: Um hum.

    Patsy gets up and does not shower – really?
    Patsy puts on the same clothes from the night before – Former Miss West Virginia, really?
    They check Burke, but don’t wake him up to make sure he hasn’t been killed in bed, or to ask him if he has heard anything?
    Patsy is hysterical, John is the cool CEO, and yet he tells her to call 911.
    Despite the clear warning in the ransom note, they not only call 911 but fail to convey to the dispatcher that visible police presence might lead to the death of their daughter.
    To further endanger their daughter they call friends over to the house - what is this, some sort of Christmas after-party?
    Yep...I believe that's exactly what she had in mind. I am going to have to bow out of this one...I did much research on this awhile back, and have an entire thread devoted to it here and over at FFJ. I read those interviews so much, that my eyes crossed. I don't think that I can go back and do it again. If I can find my old thread...I will bring a few things over to this one, though.
    "This time we get it right."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,040
    Actually I have brought the interviews up in some other threads...But will bring some up here....
    Knowledge of time is precious.Wisdom of truth is more precious than time..Opinions I write are mine..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,040
    TT: Okay. Did John help you get packed up at all?
    PR: Uh, he, I believe, put some presents in the, in the Jeep.
    TT: Okay. But he didn’t. . .
    PR: Not the clothes.
    TT: . . .pack his own clothes or anything like that?
    PR: Oh, he probably would have packed his own clothes (inaudible) stuff.
    TT: Okay. And do you know where he had that suitcase at that he packed his clothes at? Was that in the uh, John Andrew’s room?
    PR: Um, no. It would, it would have been in his probably.
    TT: Okay.
    PR: I, I think I just had a couple of suitcase, the kids suitcases on the bed there, Burke’s and JonBenet’s.
    TT: Okay. So you had Burke’s and JonBenet’s suitcases in John Andrew’s room, your suitcase was upstairs and John’s would have been upstairs too then.
    PR: The best that I can remember, yeah.

    TT: Okay. What did Burke do when you got home then.
    PR: Um, I don’t remember exactly, but I think he went to go play with something. I think maybe he and John were fussing with something. A toy he wanted to put together or something.
    TT: Okay.
    PR: I was trying to finish putting together things for in the morning and. . .
    TT: Okay. Finish kind of packing, again the suitcases on the bed. Were they all finished, packed up?
    PR: Um, probably pretty close to it.
    TT: Okay. And then the close to go to Charlevoix those were. . .
    PR: Right.
    TT: . . .in a plastic bag.
    PR: Plastic bag. Um hum.
    TT: And they were already to go? You said you carried down to (inaudible).
    PR: Yeah.
    Knowledge of time is precious.Wisdom of truth is more precious than time..Opinions I write are mine..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    HA! in a plastic bag...Patsy makes excuses for that in DOI,saying John liked 'soft-sided bags' instead of luggage on the plane..but then they'd still have luggage on there anyway,and I'm sure they could afford softsided luggage,so..
    IMO,they were planning on hightailing it out of town,and didn't have time to stuff everything into suitcases..and probably didn't own enough for all that anyway! shoving clothes into plastic bags indicates someone or someones was in a hurry!
    Last edited by JMO8778; 01-18-2010 at 01:22 AM.
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    Yep...I believe that's exactly what she had in mind. I am going to have to bow out of this one...I did much research on this awhile back, and have an entire thread devoted to it here and over at FFJ. I read those interviews so much, that my eyes crossed. I don't think that I can go back and do it again. If I can find my old thread...I will bring a few things over to this one, though.
    same here.I don't mind responding,but I read over those back when Ames posted them awhile back.took me an average of 2-3 hrs to read thru each one thoroughly.
    I think the things that stood out to me the most was when I read Patsy say she had flashbacks of JonBenet screaming.That I will never forget.
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Sophie, I don't know if this is what you had in mind, but here goes:

    ST: And for the purpose of the tape, we’re back on at five minutes till noon.
    TT: Patsy, let’s go ahead and um, start out on December 26th when you first woke up in the morning . . .
    PR: Um hum.
    TT: . . .and again as you (inaudible) on the 25th, kind of give us a, almost a play by play, minute by minute, what did you do when you got out of bed? Where was John at? That sort of thing. All the way through the morning to the afternoon. Let’s kind of take it, we’ll take it in little chunks.
    PR: Okay. Um, we got up at about 5:30, I think. I think John got up first and I got up just right behind him and he went to his bathroom and shower. I went to my bathroom. I did not shower that morning and I just put my clothes on and uh, did my hair and makeup and uh and then I started down the stairs, John was still in the bathroom and went uh, I stopped kind of briefly there in the laundry room area um, and I remember the ironing board was up I think and I fussed around with this little red jumpsuit of JonBenet’s cause it had, had some spots on it and I was going to remember to do something with that when I got back and uh, so I had, I had the light on in there in the laundry room area and uh, um then I started down the spiral staircase there. I came, I had come back down, I’d come down the back bedroom stairs there. . .
    TT: Okay.
    PR: . . .from my bathroom. Um, I started down the spiral stairs and when I got nearly to the bottom I saw these three pieces of paper, like notebook size paper, on, on the run of the stairs and uh, I went on down and turned around and started reading, reading it. . .
    TT: Um hum.
    PR: And uh, I, I remember reading the first couple of lines and I kind of, didn’t know what it was or uh, and then I (inaudible) you know after the first couple of lines I, it dawned on me, it said something about, ‘We have your daughter’ or something . . .
    TT: Um hum.
    PR: And I uh, I ran back upstairs and pushed open the door to her room and she wasn’t in her bed.
    TT: Okay.
    PR: And I uh, screamed for John. He was up in our bedroom still and he came running down and uh, I told him that there was a note that said she had been kidnapped. And uh, uh, I think he, he said, I said, ‘What should I do. What should I do,’ or something and he said, ‘Call the police,’ and I think somewhere, I remember I said something about, you know, check Burke or something and I think he ran back and checked Burke and I ran back down the stairs and then he came downstairs. He was just in his underwear and he uh, took the note and I remember him being down hunched on the floor read, with all three pages out like that reading it and uh, and he said, ‘Call 911’ or ‘Call the police,’ or something and then I did. I called them and uh, and then I called the Whites and the Fernies and told them that she had been kidnapped or said come over quickly or something and they came over and the policeman came and uh, then the Whites and the Fernies were there and uh . . .Oh, I think the policeman was asking, you know, he kind of like, I think he kind of got us (inaudible) in the sun room or something.
    TT: Okay.
    PR: That little room, patio room. . .
    TT: Um hum.

    Patsy gets up and does not shower – really?
    Patsy puts on the same clothes from the night before – Former Miss West Virginia, really?
    They check Burke, but don’t wake him up to make sure he hasn’t been killed in bed, or to ask him if he has heard anything?
    Patsy is hysterical, John is the cool CEO, and yet he tells her to call 911.
    Despite the clear warning in the ransom note, they not only call 911 but fail to convey to the dispatcher that visible police presence might lead to the death of their daughter.
    To further endanger their daughter they call friends over to the house - what is this, some sort of Christmas after-party?
    In thinking about it,I think Patsy's attorney came up with that morning scenario for her,and it was pretty clever,actually.IMO it gives her a chance to say "maybe John did it".
    The scenario is: she wakes up to hear John in the shower.(IOW-he did not wake her,and she did not hear his alarm clock go off,which he said he'd set the night before).
    So if he didn't wake her,and was already in the shower when she awoke (nor did she hear his alarm)..perhaps he was elsewhere during the night,and was washing off evidence.(yes,he was elsewhere,alright,IMO.with her,staging the crime!)
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    JR:And to even have known those windows were there, wouldn’t have been obvious to somebody who just was walking by. But . . .

    ST: You talking about the window in the back, was not obvious?

    JR: Yeah. No, I mean, yeah, it’s not obvious, but that is to me because that is the way to get into the house, and we know that the grate could be pulled off and the windows were not painted shut and, you know, it’s just I guess that’s why we never gave it much thought about . . .

    ?: And we asked a couple of times that that grates kind of out of the way, and you have to, I wouldn’t have known it was there. I mean, you can’t see from the back alleyway, you can’t see from the front. It’s out of the ordinary, out of the way picture, excuse me, out of the way window.

    JR: Yeah. And when I went down and looked around the house that morning, and I think I’d made a statement or at least I read, I know I said this, that all the doors were locked and I had checked, I believe, every door on the first floor. And they were, appeared to be locked.

    ST: So the morning of the 26th do you recall checking all the doors, and they were locked?

    JR: I believed I checked all the first-floor doors, yeah.




    Thanks JR.I'd really like to ask him how does he think a stranger got into their house then?I think JR did a mistake here....they wanted to blame it on someone known back then and by what he says here he just makes the intruder scenario sound even more ridiculous.I think he wanted to point fingers at someone who had access to a key.
    The rice is already cooked...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    ST: OK. It would be no reason, a neighbor or anybody else, would account for you outside the home that morning?

    JR: No. I didn’t leave the house until we left it for good at almost 1:30.

    --------------------------
    later:

    JR: I did go out once. I went out to the door that leads into the garage to see if it was locked because there’s a bunch of boxes piled in front of it and you couldn’t get to it from the inside of the garage. So I did in fact go out of the house once, which would have been for, you know, half a minute.






    I think there is someone who saw him outside (at least that's what I udnerstand from ST's question) .And I think JR understood it too,at first he says no but then he probably realized that ST wouldn't make that statement without a reason and he changes the story.Smart guy eh.

    And I wonder if they checked everything in the garage.Btw,did PR's sister take bags outta there too?
    The rice is already cooked...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,554
    But wasn't the butler door said to be 'found' open? (IMO if it was,it was prob. one of the friends who came over that morning).this contradicts what JR had said.
    something to ponder:

    When the corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and the mortal have put on immortality, then shall we be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

    O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?

    The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
    But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 15:54-57

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by JMO8778 View Post
    But wasn't the butler door said to be 'found' open? (IMO if it was,it was prob. one of the friends who came over that morning).this contradicts what JR had said.
    It was one of the male friends who came that morning, I believe, who said that when he arrived he found the butler pantry door open. BUT he also said he "saw" the pages of the ransom note through that door (which was glass) and we know that is NOT where the note was left. By the time he got there, LE was already there and they had possession of the note.
    As far as JR saying he didn't go out until they left at 1:30- that's a lie, too. The body was brought UP at 1:30. It was hours later that the house was finally cleared and the Rs left.
    Pretty much finishes Det. Arndt's silly statelement about JR going to "get his mail" for 2 hours that day. If he ADMITS he didn't leave- where was he for 2 hours? Maybe an alien kidnapping complete with missing time....
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    It was one of the male friends who came that morning, I believe, who said that when he arrived he found the butler pantry door open. BUT he also said he "saw" the pages of the ransom note through that door (which was glass) and we know that is NOT where the note was left. By the time he got there, LE was already there and they had possession of the note.
    It was John "Eagle Vision" Fernie:

    John Fernie: "I drove my car into the -- up the alley and parked in the back of your house, and went around to the patio door, which was a glass door leading into the kitchen and back of the house, and didn't see anybody, but saw a piece of paper laying on the floor. Looked at that. It was facing the other direction. Read it. And after the first few lines realized something very strange was happening. And so I ran around to the front of the house and knocked on the door and was let in."
    John Fernie: "I didn't pick it up. It was inside the door and I was outside. The door was locked. I read it through the door."
    John Fernie: "Fleet and Priscilla White were there when I arrived. And my wife came shortly thereafter. And our -- Overstock, our priest, came afterwards as well."
    John Fernie: "My recollection is that later in the day, when we were waiting for phone calls from the supposed kidnappers, we were sitting in the back room with a detective and trying to figure out what the note meant. And there was a copy of the note. I don't know if it was the note, or a copy of the note, actually."
    2001 June 13 - Transcript Testimony of John Fernie - Colorado vs Miller trial

    Re: Butler door

    p. 19: “The sergeant found no evidence of forced entry during a walk through the house, then went outside. A light dusting of snow and frost lay atop an earlier crusty snow in spotty patches on the grass. He saw no fresh show impressions, found no open doors or windows, nothing to indicate a break-in, but walking on the driveway and sidewalks left no visible prints. It was frigid, about nine degrees, and Reichenbach returned inside."
    Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation – Steve Thomas
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    5,053
    Heyya cynic and DeeDee.

    Q: if PR found the note on the staircase, and then placed it on the floor ... did JF spot the sheets of paper from the north door?

    http://crimeshots.com/RamseyFloor.html

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Could You Talk Face to Face with Casey and Get Her to Open Up?
    By littlemisslegal in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 09:50 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 06:59 AM