Book of Eli movie!!!!!

burbqueen

Reaction score
Ok I saw this movie last night and it was the best movie I have seen in years and we go to the movies a lot.

It stars Denzel washngton as Eli. It takes place in a post apocalyptic world. He is travelling west with a book. His whole purpose is to deliver this book to the right people. Of course there are some bumps along the way!!! He meets a man named carnage that wants the book too and he will do anything to get it.

This movie has some action in it and violence scenes but only two. The writing and acting is so good and clever! The movie carries a real positive, powerful, spiritual message without beating you over the head with it. It's very moving.

My dh and nephew got teary eyed when the movie ended and everyone clapped at the end.

Ok I've just read the. Critics reviews and I'm shocked. what a bunch of cynical idiots. Some didn't like the religious angle of the movie. Whatever. Im not religious but I do appreciate something entertaining, full of action, and a nice ending that isn't all doom and gloom and negative. I'm so surprised how much some people hate on anything that even brings up any sort of faith or belief.

The movie sounds interesting and different when one thinks of Denzel's usual roles. How can a movie go wrong with Washington in it anyway??? (Hubba Hubba)

I found a link of reviews and they were all pretty good. Maybe I found a different page of them. Critics are a strange bunch if you ask me. Shocked, I found good reviews.

http://ontheflix.com/2010/01/15/top-movie-critics-give-the-book-of-eli-movie-really-good-reviews/

I think you convinced me to see the flick. Thanks for the lead.

Good day all.

Goz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail