NJ - Newark girl 7 abducted in front of home

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
A 7 year old girl was standing in front of her house by her parents car when a man in a ski mask grabbed her and drug her away.

She's safe! After pulling the child up the street while covering her mouth he released her. Meanwhile the child's parents saw she was missing and ran to find her. The dad saw her down the block and ran to her and found out she was God forbid almost lost.

You know just maybe a week ago I read someone tried to abduct a pregnant woman waiting for the bus in that area. I bet this is the same guy. Brazen as *hit. Thank goodness this little girl is safe. My DD has a friend living with some guy in Newark, Delaware and I keep telling her to not be going over there. Oh the ulcer I have.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100117/NEWS01/1170364

This guy could very well have more victims, if not in the past then he will continue grabbing people until he get's someone. He is approx. 5'11 with a large build. Can we find out anything else about him? I did not see this on the Global Incident map.

P.

The child was standing near her parents' car when the masked stranger approached, grabbed her wrists and covered her mouth, Newark police Lt. Brian Henry said.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100117/NEWS01/1170364

On the Web

Places - Newark, DE

http://amberalerts.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

Police are searching for the man, who was wearing a black ski mask and described by the girl as about 5 feet 11 inches tall with a large build.

The incident unfolded about 7:15 p.m. in front of the girl’s Blair Court home.
*snippet

The man then walked the child away from the house, east on Casho Mill Road about a block away.

In the area of Studio Green Apartments on Thorn Lane, he released the girl unharmed and she ran the couple blocks back to her home.

Police are asking anyone with information on this abduction to call Detective Nick Sansone at 366-7110, ext. 135, or Delaware Crime Stoppers at (800)TIP-3333.
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/201001161632/NEWS/100116014

I wonder why he let her go? Maybe he's working up the courage to actually go through with the abduction (and whatever follows), and this time he lost his nerve. Hopefully they will catch this man before he gets brave enough to follow through.

Here it is. January 1st a young pregnant woman was waiting for a bus when a man tried to abduct her. Very close in proximity to where this creep grabbed this little baby doll. Could they be the same?

http://www.newarkpostonline.com/articles/2010/01/01/news/doc4b3e77f60a546008079234.txt

They could be the same person but, usually sex offenders have a certain preference of victim. Hence the term, "preferential sex offender". The same person abducting a 7yo and a 20yo is unlikely but, stranger things have happened. The fact that both of these young ladies were abducted around the same time of evening is interesting and the fact he did it w/ clear intentions of abduction (the mask and gloves) indicates he put some sort of forethought into planning the abduction(s). Also, this creep is a definite risk taker. Abducting a young girl from her driveway is risky and could indicate this creeps fantasies are beginning to control him. He is a ticking time bomb that is waiting to explode.

A couple of questions:
1) did the vehicles in the attempted abductions match?
2) Was there more than one person in the car? Was someone driving and someone abducting?

There is something fishy about ths story.

My youngest daughter is 7. Though she is very creative. I don't see her coming up with a story like this.

i dont know why but it made my 'hinky' meter go off. i hope im a 100 percent dead wrong and that they cactch the guy.

There must have been a reason why he let her go after dragging her a couple of blocks. I wonder if someone in the neighborhood saw him? I wonder if LE found any witnesses.

I'm sure the little girl did not notice whatever the abductor did. I'm sure she was scared out of her wits.

What made the father come to the conclusion that the little girl was abducted? I tried to read the article, but my computer screen cuts off half the article. Did the little girl tell him or did neighbors?

Salem

Glad she is SAFE!

There must have been a reason why he let her go after dragging her a couple of blocks. I wonder if someone in the neighborhood saw him? I wonder if LE found any witnesses.

I'm sure the little girl did not notice whatever the abductor did. I'm sure she was scared out of her wits.

What made the father come to the conclusion that the little girl was abducted? I tried to read the article, but my computer screen cuts off half the article. Did the little girl tell him or did neighbors?

Salem

Glad she is SAFE!

Salem, the little girl told the father. According to comments at my link about the little girl someone's relative lives there and said this child was FREAKED OUT. I'd like to hope the cops know a made up story from a child as opposed to a real life event.

Maybe it's the same guy. Maybe it's not.

Ruf, I'm quite aware f the "preferential sex offender" from experience unfortunately. I'm also aware that in some cases they will assault adults.

The young pregnant girl saw a small compact suburban. Light in color. The little girl didn't mention a car. The guy probably parked down the block or around the corner. Heck, maybe he lived close by. In both cases the guy wore a ski mask.

This can be an unsophisticated criminal who took off when traffic came as he tried to grab up the pregnant girl. Maybe he figured he try a smaller victim to get it right. Practice so to say.

Maybe they all made it up.Maybe the pregnant girl made it up. I really believe LE knows what they are doing to a point anyway. At the link on the little girl race comes up. It always does. People want to know the race in both cases of the assailant. He wore a mask. He wore gloves in the first assault. We're talking about two young people scared out of their minds and perhaps they didn't even see any color.

Bottom line people in Delaware watch your back if you're not already and watch your kids.

I agree Fran - the two cases could be related and it could be someone "practicing". Very scary thought, but the descriptions are similar, especially the clothing.

I'm thinking this perp either saw someone looking at him and the child or thought he did. So I think there must be a witness out there. Its the only thing I can think of that would have made him let her go. Or maybe a car was driving by and even if the driver didn't see this perp with the child, maybe the perp thought the driver saw him?

I'm just glad he let her go and I hope he gets caught quickly! Also the perp who tried to abduct the pregnant woman, if they are not the same guy.

Salem

If the perp had a vehicle, it makes no sense to grab a child so far away from where it was parked. Why expose yourself to such a high risk of beeing seen dragging a child such a distance, wearing a ski mask?

The kidnapper is either really dumb, crazy as a loon, or he wanted to scare the crap out of someone with the kidnap attempt; releasing the child before making his get-away. I suppose it could be a young person who is acting out some weird fantasy or doing it on a dare. I don't think anyone should assume the poor little girl made it up!

I didn't read the article about the pregnant woman, but it is a strange coincidence. Maybe someone who knows the 7 year old's family was concerned about them not properly supervising the little girl when she played outside, read about the incident with the pregnant woman, and staged a copycat abduction attempt on the child to scare the parents. There are people stupid enough to terrify a child just to make a point.

Susan

If the perp had a vehicle, it makes no sense to grab a child so far away from where it was parked. Why expose yourself to such a high risk of beeing seen dragging a child such a distance, wearing a ski mask?

The kidnapper is either really dumb, crazy as a loon, or he wanted to scare the crap out of someone with the kidnap attempt; releasing the child before making his get-away. I suppose it could be a young person who is acting out some weird fantasy or doing it on a dare. I don't think anyone should assume the poor little girl made it up!

I didn't read the article about the pregnant woman, but it is a strange coincidence. Maybe someone who knows the 7 year old's family was concerned about them not properly supervising the little girl when she played outside, read about the incident with the pregnant woman, and staged a copycat abduction attempt on the child to scare the parents. There are people stupid enough to terrify a child just to make a point.

Susan

And why go through all the trouble to kidnap the child (wearing mask) only to let the child go soon thereafter? A mask suggests this was a pre-planned and not some spur of the moment abduction. So why let the child go just a short time after the alleged abduction?

ugh i hate to even THINK anything good about this who scared this little girl...but...maybe a vigilante type person...thinks if they let the child go and they get home they will be more aware of surroundings, the childs parents will be more alert type thing? to drop her off, risk without any sort of foreseeable payoff? weird...

Newark is a college town. I wonder if this some kind a college thing???

Newark is a college town. I wonder if this some kind a college thing???

T, I don't know Newark. I only know Delaware from I-95 and the opera house.

How close are these to University Of Delaware do you know?

I'd hate to think it's some hair brained scheme. However it could be a student. Classes didn't start up again though I don't believe. Thanks in advance.

T, I don't know Newark. I only know Delaware from I-95 and the opera house.

How close are these to University Of Delaware do you know?

I'd hate to think it's some hair brained scheme. However it could be a student. Classes didn't start up again though I don't believe. Thanks in advance.

It really a University and pretty big. I went to high school there and raise my kids in Townsend and Dover area.

I not sure how close that street would be to UD
I have a friend in Newark I am going to send her email to see what she heard.

The story on the preg woman was report in Bear which is off Rt 40 and RT 1.
Not really around UD. Rt 40 Used to be lots of hotels and hookers that walk RT.40.

Both area are New Castle county. It been years since I been to Delaware.
(sure miss the chessesteaks and scrapple)

When I live there Bear was not a nice place and had a lot crime....that was years ago.

Another attempted abduction in Newark???

"According to police, two females younger than age 12 were approached by a man in a truck wearing a ski mask over his face. The suspect offered the girls a ride, but they refused. The suspect reportedly left his vehicle and began chasing the girls."

snip*

"Along with the dark-colored ski mask over his face, he was wearing blue jeans and a dark coat at the time of the attempted abduction."

"The truck the suspect was driving was a gray pick-up truck with a black stripe down the length of each side, about six to 10 inches wide."

"Newark authorities asked anyone with information on the crime or who may see the described vehicle to call NPD at 740-670-7201 or Licking County Crime Stoppers at 740-349-6888."

Original Article Located At :: http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/crime/article/police_man_attempted_to_abduct_2_girls/29538/

http://amberalerts.globalincidentmap.com/eventdetail.php?ID=1613

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts