1603 users online (334 members and 1269 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NJ - Robert Hall, 48, Montague, 28 Dec 2009

Robert Hall Sr.

Missing from Montague, NJ. He worked there and disappeared after work.
    But he is a life long resident of Port Jervis, NY.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/20...g-14Jan10.html
    Tri-State Area man still missing
    MONTAGUE, NJ – New Jersey State Police have confirmed that they have listed Robert Hall, Sr., 48, of Montague as a missing person. They have entered him on a missing person police database and have no clues as to his whereabouts.
    Hall, a Port Jervis, NY native and lifelong resident, disappeared on December 28, 2009 and his family has not heard from him since.
    His estranged wife, Tracy Hall, i0s quite worried about him.
    “Robert would never go away and not tell his family something,” she said in between sobs. “It seems that Robert and the car vanished off the face of the earth.”
    His car is a white, 1983 Pontiac Fiero.
    Hall’s sister, Cheryl Snyder of Matamoras, PA said it is out of character for him to disappear.
    “I definitely don’t think he took off and the longer that it goes on, you tend to think there was something happened somewhere,” she said. “Maybe he had an accident and he hasn’t been found, or something, but it definitely not that he decided to take a vacation or a break from it all.”
    Hall apparently finished up his shift at a deli and was on his way to a supermarket to buy some items for the store and was never heard from or seen since.
    Last edited by JBean; 02-11-2010 at 03:20 AM.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/20...g-12Jan10.html
    Robert left work at a deli, planning on stopping at a supermarket, not seen since.
    Gary Haugen

http://www.pocononews.net/news/2010/...14Jan10-3.html
    snip

Hall apparently finished up his shift at a deli in Montague, just across the Delaware River from Matamoras. He was on his way to the ShopRite supermarket to buy some items for the store and was never heard from or seen since.
    Gary Haugen

I found out about this missing man, Robert Hall, when I was invited to a FB page for him.
    There is not much information out there about him.
    There is only one pic., on the FB posted missing flier.
    Gary Haugen

I don't know the area...have never been there. Sounds like he wasn't in an area that an accident wouldn't have been seen. When was his shift over? Anyone know if there are places this man could have run off the road and not be seen?
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    I don't know the area...have never been there. Sounds like he wasn't in an area that an accident wouldn't have been seen. When was his shift over? Anyone know if there are places this man could have run off the road and not be seen?
    I sent a FB pm to admn of page, asking those questions.

I did not find him on NJ missing persons list.
    Gary Haugen

Montague Township has about 3500 population.
    It is at the northern most point of NJ.

It is very close to several neighboring states.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA
    Weather 12/28/2009, Montague, NJ
    Last edited by dreamweaver; 01-18-2010 at 10:39 PM. Reason: add link
    Gary Haugen

any indication of the name of the deli he worked at and whether he was the owner of the deli?

Not much info out there so far.

I did not think there were any Fieros still on the roads but there was no bad weather to speak of so I doubt weather or ice had anything to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    any indication of the name of the deli he worked at and whether he was the owner of the deli?

I did not think there were any Fieros still on the roads but there was no bad weather to speak of so I doubt weather or ice had anything to do with this.
    I have not heard back from the FB page admin.
    I cannot find anything more online about Robert H.
    There is not even a time he left work mentioned.
    Gary Haugen

There are actually Fiero clubs throughout the country. I ran into a lady belonging to one a few years back, and an old friend of mine had a 2M6 rather than the 2M4 back in the day.

This is a small light car. Usually a 'summer car'. It's hard for me to imagine someone driving this car during the winter. While the weather didn't appear bad that day, I wonder if the day or days prior were above freezing, enough to melt snow and leave puddles which may have frozen later. Of course there is the black ice factor... and just enough moisture to freeze on the roads would be enough to cause this car to be dangerous driving during the winter. This car was also 'famous' for car people to change the engine and stronger (camaro? IIRC) engines in. Back in the day I had a Chrysler Laser- which was the sister car to the Dodge Daytona. That car was heavier than a Fiero ( as it sat 4 vs 2) and I spun out on black ice..... Horrible cars for winter driving.

I wonder what the landscape is like in this area. Hills, rivers, could he have driven into a lake? off a hill or cliff? I'm not familiar with the area, but with the car accident comes to mind first.

I wonder if his usual routes have been searched? While I realize this took place a bit ago..... I also wonder if there had been snow that would have indicated tire marks going off the road if it was warm enough or warmed up enough any tire marks would have melted fairily quickly before anyone noticed they were indicitive of an accident.

I have been up that way only a couple of times. Northwest NJ is either hilly or mountainous, depending on one's perspective. I'd like to think that LE or the family drove his usual route from Montague to Port Jervis to see if there were any signs a car went off the road.

It's not like there are any deep gorges in the area but a white car should be easy to find on a roadside unless there is alot of snow on the ground.

Only two news articles and the one not linked has less info than the one above ( and no new info).

I wonder if LE has checked his credit card and bank statements. Cell phone pings.
    Also, if the car rolled and is on it's top I wonder if it would be hard to see.... or if he could have driven into water.

Hoping he is ok somewhere.... and there is some more news about him.

My initial reaction to this is that there are no bodies of water his car could have gone into, but that's wrong. There is a pond on the road he would have been traveling, right at the entrace to the community he lives in. It's not deep, I remember a couple winters ago, a snowmobile went through the ice and they had a rope around the guy pulling him to shore. But the water was chest deep, and that would be enough to cover a Fiero. Other than that, there are no gorges or anyplace along the likely route he would have travelled where he could have gone off the road. No snow in the area, never had more than a couple inches all winter here. On the roadway he'd have been travelling there is either open area or trees lining the roadway, no place I can think of where a car could go off and not be seen immediately. Had something happened along his intended route, it would have had to be the pond I mentioned above.

The deli he was working at closed and was empty within a couple weeks of his disappearance.

thanks for the info montague resident.

so we can pretty much rule out running off the road between work and home.

You said the deli closed after he disappeared. Was he just an employee? Owner? part owner?

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast