1490 users online (368 members and 1122 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NY - Carlina White, 3 wks, Harlem, 4 Aug 1987

Missing Since: August 4, 1987 from Harlem, New York
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: July 15, 1987
    Height and Weight: 1'9, 8 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Some agencies give Carlina's last name as White-Tyson. She has a birthmark above her left eye.

Details of Disappearance

White's parents took her from her home in the 3100 block of Broadway to to Harlem Hospital on August 4, 1987 because she had a 103-degree fever. Her mother stated that in the emergency room, she was comforted by a woman dressed in a white uniform. Her mother believed the woman was a nurse. White was was admitted as a patient, placed in the 17th-floor pediatric ward, and given intravenous antibiotics. Her fever broke afterward. She disappeared from her room sometime between 2:30 and 3:55 a.m. She has never been seen again.

The woman who spoke to White's mother was not a Harlem Hospital employee and had apparently been loitering at the facility for several days prior to the infant's abduction. Authorities believe it was she who abducted White. The woman is described as being 5'8 tall and 180 to 190 pounds. She was between 25 and 35 years old in 1986. Investigators located and interviewed one possible suspect in Baltimore, Maryland a few days after White was kidnapped, but the woman did not have White and was not charged in her disappearance. White's disappearance is believed to be the only abduction from a hospital in New York City history.

In 1989, authorities stated they believed White's disappearance was connected to the presumed abductions of Andre Bryant, Christopher Dansby and Shane Walker. Bryant, six weeks old, was abducted from the New York City borough of Brooklyn in March 1989 after his mother was murdered. Dansby, 2, and Walker, 1, disappeared from the same Harlem park in May and August 1989 respectively. All of the missing children are African-American. Investigators eventually decided that Walker's and Dansby's disappearances were probably unrelated. However, all of the cases remain unsolved and it is unclear what happened to any of the children.

White's parents sued the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation after her abduction and obtained a six-figure settlement in 1992. They placed half the sum in trust for White; she can collect the money if she is found by her twenty-first birthday on July 15, 2008. She remains missing and her case is unsolved.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    New York City Police Department

646-610-6914

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/30/...ker/index.html

Article about the similarities between the disappearances of Shane Walker and Christopher Dansby. A lot of very interesting similarities and a lot of info here.
    Also posted on Christopher Dansby's thread and looking for a thread for Shane Walker.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Great News...She has been found and is at home in the Bronx with her mom.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman, kidnapped as an infant, has been reunited with her family. 23yo Carimna White searched the internet and saw her baby photo on Natl Center of Missing and Exploited Children web site. A DNA matched confirmed her identity. !!!!!!

More at link

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=7907784
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Great News...She has been found and is at home in the Bronx with her mom.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A woman, kidnapped as an infant, has been reunited with her family. 23yo Carimna White searched the internet and saw her baby photo on Natl Center of Missing and Exploited Children web site. A DNA matched confirmed her identity. !!!!!!

More at link

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=7907784
    Amazing story! Thanks for the update, trigger!!
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    WOW

it's good that she escaped ... now hopefully LE can find & arrest her kidnapper(s)

This is SO wonderful! I am so glad she is back with her Family.

Thank God for this miracle. I hope she and her real family have many years filled with joy and peace and love.

I am so happy that my first post on this website is under such wonderful circumstances! IIRC, websleuths was the first place I read about Carlina's story, and maybe because I am a fellow New Yorker, the sad details stayed in my mind. What a miraculous outcome! I was thrilled to see the news reports (all over the local news in our region, New York) about how Carlina set out to search and then found her birth mother. She is a beautiful young woman, her courageous spirit shows in her face.

I know there are many, many questions left that must be answered, and the adjustment poses its own challenges. But I can't begin to fathom what Carlina's mother and father are feeling, after more than two decades of this awful question weighing on their minds from when they wake up till they fall asleep.

May this family know only good things from hereon in, and may all the frustrating, sad, puzzling cases have similar happy outcomes.

This is wonderful. It gives me hope for the Sabrina Paige Aisenberg case.

Welcome to Websleuths, cartercar!!!

Also....AMAZING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read this store in a Norwegian newspaper today... had to come here immediately!

Wow and hallelujah! I'm so grateful and happy because of this!

I just read the story on CNN. This is so amazing, I can't imagine how Carlina's mother must feel finally seeing her baby after more than 20 years. I definitely gives me hope for other cold cases.

I haven't logged on here in years, but after this story I just had to!! Such awesome news!!

It is so nice to read a happy ending for a change. What a miracle.

Praise the Lord!!!! Miracles do happen!!!

Perhaps now LE will be able to glean some leads to the missing boys who were abducted in the park!

My thoughts and prayers are with Carlina and her family! Kudos to Carlina for following her gut instinct!

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast