GUILTY OK - Brylee Watson, 2 mos, beaten to death, Midwest City, 15 Jan 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
RIP little Brylee....fly with the angels where you'll never know pain again.

MWC Man Accused Of Killing Baby
Jacob Lynn Watson, 25, Accused Of Killing 2-Month-Old Daughter

POSTED: 10:31 am CST January 19, 2010
UPDATED: 10:51 am CST January 19, 2010

MIDWEST CITY, Okla. -- A Midwest City man upset about a deteriorating relationship with his wife killed the couple's 2-month-old baby, police said.

Jacob Lynn Watson, 25, is accused of murder in the death of Brylee Watson.

Police had been dispatched to the Watson home, located at 2605 N. Thornton Drive, on Friday night. When officers arrived, the baby was not breathing, police said.

The child was transported to OU Children's Medical Center in Oklahoma City, where she died Monday afternoon.

After performing a CAT scan and magnetic resonance imaging test, doctors determined that the baby suffered from nine separate fractures, including to both arms, both clavicles, her right femur, ribs and her skull. Doctors said the fractures caused severe bleeding in the brain.

Watson gave police several stories, officers said, before admitting to causing the injuries. He allegedly told police that he was upset about his deteriorating relationship with his wife.

more here

http://www.koco.com/news/22272668/detail.html

RIP little Brylee....fly with the angels where you'll never know pain again.

MWC Man Accused Of Killing Baby
Jacob Lynn Watson, 25, Accused Of Killing 2-Month-Old Daughter

POSTED: 10:31 am CST January 19, 2010
UPDATED: 10:51 am CST January 19, 2010

MIDWEST CITY, Okla. -- A Midwest City man upset about a deteriorating relationship with his wife killed the couple's 2-month-old baby, police said.

Jacob Lynn Watson, 25, is accused of murder in the death of Brylee Watson.

Police had been dispatched to the Watson home, located at 2605 N. Thornton Drive, on Friday night. When officers arrived, the baby was not breathing, police said.

The child was transported to OU Children's Medical Center in Oklahoma City, where she died Monday afternoon.

After performing a CAT scan and magnetic resonance imaging test, doctors determined that the baby suffered from nine separate fractures, including to both arms, both clavicles, her right femur, ribs and her skull. Doctors said the fractures caused severe bleeding in the brain.

Watson gave police several stories, officers said, before admitting to causing the injuries. He allegedly told police that he was upset about his deteriorating relationship with his wife.

more here

http://www.koco.com/news/22272668/detail.html

garbage like this is why the mother who dropped the baby off at the police station should be cut some slack..
yes i realize this was the father that did it.

I have been so moody all day - eyes watering, trying to keep from bawling after reading this story....I also had written to several news agencies to see if they knew what was going on with the trial in Amora Bain Carson's murder because last I heard, jury selection was supposed to start today for her murderer, Blaine Keith Milam.

Then -- found out this afternoon that little Aveion Lewis was dead before the 911 call (he has a thread in Missing/Located forum).

This just never stops! I don't understand what's happened to the human race.

And I wondered why I felt so bad all day today & left work early.

Slain Midwest City infant may have been injured 'in the past'
BY ROBERT MEDLEY The Oklahoman
Published: January 20, 2010

MIDWEST CITY — A father jailed in connection with the death of his infant daughter told police he thinks he hurt the baby "in the past," details of a police investigation show.

Jacob Lynn Watson, 24, of Midwest City is in Oklahoma County jail on a murder complaint in the death of 2-month-old Brylee Watson. Brylee died Monday after suffering nine bone fractures. Jacob Watson was arrested Saturday.

An affidavit of probable cause signed by Midwest City detective Steve Simonson and submitted to Oklahoma County prosecutors shows child abuse may have occurred before Friday.

In an interview with the detective Saturday, Watson said "he had seen bruises on the baby before Friday and "felt that he had caused them," according to the affidavit.

more here

http://newsok.com/slain-midwest-city-infant-may-have-been-injured-in-the-past/article/3433415

Details are released in Midwest City infant’s death
BY ROBERT MEDLEY The Oklahoman
Published: January 21, 2010

MIDWEST CITY — A man jailed in connection with the death of his daughter tried to blame the baby’s injuries on his mother before admitting he "squeezed the baby very tightly,” then shook her, details of a police investigation show.
The detective also wrote that "Jacob tried to shift the blame onto his mother, saying he has noticed injuries to the child when she returned from her care.”

Watson told the detective that when he arrived home about 9:45 p.m., "he was met by his mother and father who had been watching his two children,” according to the affidavit. He said his mother stayed for a while and helped put the children to bed.
The affidavit states that on Friday, Watson told a 911 operator his 2-year-old son plays rough with the baby. He told doctors at OU Medical Center he had tripped over his cat and dropped the baby onto a concrete floor and then fell on top of her.:rollseyes: He told the same story to the detective before changing his story again.

In an interview Sunday at the Midwest City jail, he told Simonson two black males had been extorting money from him since November. He claimed the men beat the infant and his son and stole laptops from him. :rollseyes: But on further questioning, he started to cry and said "he felt he had to make up a story because he didn’t want to believe he was responsible for hurting her,” Simonson reported.

more here

http://newsok.com/details-are-released-in-midwest-city-infants-death/article/3433578

Surely this poor excuse for a 'father' will be locked away forever. :mad:

Texas Mist,

I haven't heard anything lately about the Amora Bain Carson case...poor little baby...other than they have a change of venue. I live in the this area and although I do not know the young man I have come in contact with him. He lived very near where I work and worked at an oil change place that I used. I can't find a thread about the case either but there is a gag order so not much to find. I do not believe their story. I am not sure what in the he** possessed THEM to do this to this precious baby and the LE says drugs were not involved. Sorry for the O/T.

Texas Mist,

I haven't heard anything lately about the Amora Bain Carson case...poor little baby...other than they have a change of venue. I live in the this area and although I do not know the young man I have come in contact with him. He lived very near where I work and worked at an oil change place that I used. I can't find a thread about the case either but there is a gag order so not much to find. I do not believe their story. I am not sure what in the he** possessed THEM to do this to this precious baby and the LE says drugs were not involved. Sorry for the O/T.

Thank you for bringing up Amora! I've never found a thread for her either, but I am going to start one for her in the 'Trials' subforum when trial starts.

I'd been keeping track of her case...I'd read her mom's trial was supposed to start January 19th...it didn't so I wrote to a reporter in Tyler & he said trial won't be til March.....I guess that's provided there's no delays again.

Sorry y'all for the O/T....I just can't forget about Amora either.

I forget the rules about referencing things found on other sites blogs, but wondered if anyone knows anything about this assertion:
"As reported ... Jacob Watson, Brylee’s ... accused murderer was set for trial to begin on August 29th on first-degree murder charges in connection with the horrific death of the 2-month-old... His case is now no where to be found in the Oklahoma criminal case system."
http://www1.odcr.com/search.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back