Slow, Slow, Slow

Magic Eyes

Former Member
Reaction score
This is the ONLY website I visit that takes FOREVER to load and even slower when I try to reply to a topic.

Any explanations as to why this is the ONLY website I visit that takes forever to load and sometimes times out?

As mentioned, not one single other website I visit gives me this many problems with being slow and timing out.

Thanks in advance!

I have no idea. I am assuming the other sites you visit have advertisements so that shouldn't be an issue.

This is the first time I have heard this complaint. Some people have complained that Websleuths ran slower because of the ads but nothing like this.

Let's see what we can find out.

Tricia

As far as the timing out issue...

When you log in at each visit (put in your user name and password), make sure that you check the little 'Remember Me' box.

The 'Remember Me' box will prevent you from timing out before you are ready to log out.

BTW- the forum speed runs just fine for me.

Thanks for the suggestion, Smart Blonde. And thanks for your reply as well Tricia.

I just logged in and things are moving faster for me today (so far). Not sure what the problem was yesterday but I'll keep my fingers crossed that the extreme slowness was an isolated incident. :)

The forum used to run slow for me and Momtective suggested I use Firefox rather than Internet Explorer. Ever since I did that, WS runs great and everything else runs better than it used to as well. :)

I had a strange occurrence last night. When I clicked on a title link to access a forum, an "AOL Remote Access Web Portal" page popped up. I had no problem getting on the site, but, I was unable to access any of the forums. This morning-same thing-until I logged out and logged back in. The problem seems to be resolved now. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Edited to add:
I spoke too soon. Just clicked on a forum link and the "AOL web portal" page popped up again.
Trying to figure out if the problem is on my end or some sort of glitch with the site. I don't even have AOL.

Edited to add:
After logging out and logging back in several times during the day, the problem seems to be resolved, for the time being anyway. I would like to know if the problem was on my end or a glitch in the system tho.

I had a strange occurrence last night. When I clicked on a title link to access a forum, an "AOL Remote Access Web Portal" page popped up. I had no problem getting on the site, but, I was unable to access any of the forums. This morning-same thing-until I logged out and logged back in. The problem seems to be resolved now. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Edited to add:
I spoke too soon. Just clicked on a forum link and the "AOL web portal" page popped up again.
Trying to figure out if the problem is on my end or some sort of glitch with the site. I don't even have AOL.

Edited to add:
After logging out and logging back in several times during the day, the problem seems to be resolved, for the time being anyway. I would like to know if the problem was on my end or a glitch in the system tho.

That happened to me twice last night. Seems to be fixed now!

I wonder if the turbotax ad is slowing my computer down. My local online paper had the same ad up and it was slow when there, too. I have an older computer and that's probably what's the problem though.

It's taking over 20 seconds for a page to load. The url I'm seeing having a difficult time loading is googleads doubleclick.net.

anyone besides me having problems with WS being incredibly slow the last few days? It's either spinning, or ie can't open the page, or a few times I got the vbulletin error message.

Why so slow lately? It's not always but sporadically. Seems like it has been forever since it has been as slow as it has the last few days.

tia

Ditto here, Cubby. Also today when trying to make a post, I got a pop up telling me my post was too short by five characters. The post was at least 4 lines long. I thought that quite strange, so canceled that post, redid it, got the message again, and tried a third time, and the post went through.

I tried 5 times to log in and WS sent me an email telling me someone was trying to hack my password and I had to wait 15 minutes before I could try again...LOL Who know they did that?

My pages have been very slow loading-its like it goes to the page, and then just hangs there. No problem with other pages, just on here.. Today it seems to be fine, but the last few days were very very slow.

I'm having lots of trouble also. I keep getting kicked out and have to wait a few minutes to get back in.

Have we had such an increase in posters lately that the board is just dragging?

Salem

ETA: I just looked at our numbers and we have had more than 15,000 guests in the last 24-hours. WOW!

I'm having lots of trouble also. I keep getting kicked out and have to wait a few minutes to get back in.

Have we had such an increase in posters lately that the board is just dragging?

Salem

ETA: I just looked at our numbers and we have had more than 15,000 guests in the last 24-hours. WOW!

Just experienced this & what others are describing.

Is anyone else getting kicked out of WS? For the past two days my computer has been locking up when I come here, only here, especially when I try to post, now today I am getting booted out and it says database error. Kicks me to a new window and says the website is experiencing issues please try again later. Just wondering if there was something going on. I use firefox, which has always worked very very well for the past 3 years. Very weird all of a sudden, I just thought website might be busy or something but I am thinking it might be something else entirely?

Is anyone else getting kicked out of WS? For the past two days my computer has been locking up when I come here, only here, especially when I try to post, now today I am getting booted out and it says database error. Kicks me to a new window and says the website is experiencing issues please try again later. Just wondering if there was something going on. I use firefox, which has always worked very very well for the past 3 years. Very weird all of a sudden, I just thought website might be busy or something but I am thinking it might be something else entirely?

EXACTLY. This has been happening to me the past couple of days also.....but I use Internet Explorer...so I don't think that's the problem.

I am having this exact problem, elle1919. I have even reinstalled Internet Explorer. That worked a couple of times, then got the error message that says database error.

I even reinstalled my ATT.NET software. I dunno what to do now! I can get on WS, but not stay on!

I had a hard time accessing the site, this evening. I get database error when I tried to access the site...I got in through the twitter account...Anyone else have this problem??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back