VA - Shooting Rampage, Appomattox, Christopher Speight, 17-19 Jan 2010

<snip>

At this point, we're not sure of the identities of the victims. Based off of multiple interviews we&#8217;ve done with neighbors, they say this was a family. We're also hearing a teenager may be among the victims. For now, police are trying to capture who they think is responsible. &#8220;He is currently subdued in the wooded area. He is surrounded. The residents in the area know what's going on. I believe they've contacted," Sgt. Thomas Molner said.

more here

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0110/697477.html

I can't find any updated news that says who the gunman is in custody.

ETA: CNN tweet says State police spokesman in Virginia won't confirm or deny whether there are 7 dead in Appomattox shootings. Suspect not in custody about 2 hours ago

Thanks, TM. Looks like that news report that the suspect was captured was premature.

<snip>

At this point, we're not sure of the identities of the victims. Based off of multiple interviews we&#8217;ve done with neighbors, they say this was a family. We're also hearing a teenager may be among the victims. For now, police are trying to capture who they think is responsible. &#8220;He is currently subdued in the wooded area. He is surrounded. The residents in the area know what's going on. I believe they've contacted," Sgt. Thomas Molner said.

more here

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0110/697477.html

I can't find any updated news that says who the gunman is in custody.

ETA: CNN tweet says State police spokesman in Virginia won't confirm or deny whether there are 7 dead in Appomattox shootings. Suspect not in custody about 2 hours ago

This article was just updated at 8:20 pm and it states they have him surrouded in the woods so they must not have closed in yet and arrested him.

imo

what kind of moon phase are we in??? did the solar eclipse start all this madness??

WTH?!!!

This is sad cant wait to find out more info... that is my hometown... I have family that live there....I pray for my town and all of the world!

We do not have a scanner feed for Appomattox Co., VA.

:praying: Prayers for the people there! This is another horror!

I have a friend that lives less than two miles from the site. I talked to him about 2 hours ago and he said he's heard sirens going down the road all afternoon and evening.

I also saw a message from another friend that some of the killings actually occurred on Saturday, members of the suspects family.

One comment at this link reveals more about the suspect.

http://www2.wsls.com/sls/news/local...nvestigate_shots_fired_near_appomattox/75735/

snip "has extensive tactical training, and lots of weaponry."

Also concealed weapons permit according to VA Court Case web site. Looks like he slipped through the cracks.

from your link

Appomattox County supervisor Sam Carter said among the dead were Christopher Speight’s wife and son, as well as another teenage boy.

These azzholes just have to kill their wife & kids & anybody else around. I don't get this! :(

John Hummel of Kennedale, TX killed his pregnant wife, five year old daughter, and father-in-law and set their house on fire last month. Hummel was also a security guard.

I live in Appomattox and as of 20 mins ago, they still have not apprehended the suspect. They keep saying they have reason to believe he is still alive at this point. I live about 6 -7 miles from that area and we can hear the helicopters, we think we are hearing 2 and every now and then we are hearing multiple gunfire going off. The area of woods they are talking about is a pretty big area, and he knows these woods very well. He is an advid hunter and hunts these woods. Also, there are have been so many rumors flying around, it's really hard to seperate the rumors from fact. Most everyone around here are saying he is ex military (green beret). I work at a local greenhouse/nursery and this man and his family are customers of ours. We personally don't know anything personal about him or his family other than they including him were always very nice to deal with. Also, some of the people who know him well, are saying they don't think he will allow authorities to take him alive. Also earlier today, our rescue squad who were called to respond to one of the victims had to turn around because they were shot at and received a number of bullets holes to the squad...thank God no one in the squad were hit, but it did keep rescue personel from going in and getting to the victims early on. I hope they get him tonite, what a horrible thing to happen. I will never understand what makes people snap like that...this is one of those guys that you just wouldn't think would be capable of something like this, it's crazy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back