1233 users online (275 members and 958 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CO - Sex offender sends grooming letters from jail

Joseph Rael showed up in court with feathers in his hair and a condescending look on his face.

Rael is doing time for sexually assaulting children. He and three other inmates got the brilliant idea to find victims from the newspaper (sporting events) and a phone book. Grooming letters the DA said.

It's against the law to do such things over the phone and internet, but they are pushing for the law to include mail. One of this guy's victims who is all but 10 years old or so went to court. She's scarred to death and her mother is justifiably PO'd.

Of course this isn't this pervs fault. He said anotherinmate told him these were not kids. However names and ages and information on the children were found in crazy cakes cell.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-gino-r...,2125807.story

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Joseph Rael showed up in court with feathers in his hair and a condescending look on his face.

Rael is doing time for sexually assaulting children. He and three other inmates got the brilliant idea to find victims from the newspaper (sporting events) and a phone book. Grooming letters the DA said.

It's against the law to do such things over the phone and internet, but they are pushing for the law to include mail. One of this guy's victims who is all but 10 years old or so went to court. She's scarred to death and her mother is justifiably PO'd.

Of course this isn't this pervs fault. He said anotherinmate told him these were not kids. However names and ages and information on the children were found in crazy cakes cell.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-gino-r...,2125807.story
    I just finished reading this a few minutes ago!!

Locking these pervs up doesn't keep the kids safe -- they will get at them any way they can!!
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

How is it, when I sit down to enjoy a nice little (OK, honking big at this point) glass of wine, you two conspire to destroy my little bubble?

Did you see my post over at the "meth-cooking Mom" thread? I know this behavior. My son did it. He was locked up at the JDH for stalking and he asked to speak privately to a female Christian volunteer who was helping lead a prayer group. She was 14. My son, who was a month shy of 18 at the time, tried to proposition her. He told her she needed to take off her glasses so he could see her sexy eyes better. He'd never met her before!! I about died (and people wonder why I'm bedbound) and wrote a letter asking the judge to jail him for more time just for that "slip-up". He got an extra three months. All he could say for himself was, "Oh, sorry". The judge was not amused.

These guys don't have a clue. Can you imagine being the judge?

And yes, I have some lovely children whom I'm extremely proud of. This one....I'm still waiting.