1048 users online (204 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Joe Wheeler, 13, killed, deputy hurt in Harnett County shootout, 19 Jan 2010

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=7226264

Authorities are investigating the death of a 13-year-old boy after they said he shot a deputy early Tuesday morning.
    "When he saw the weapon, he turned to the suspect who pulled a 9mm pistol from his waistband and started firing,"
    Rollins said when the deputies searched the suspect's bag; they found 250 rounds of ammunition and a gun. The sheriff said the teen also had two more guns on him.
    and of course...
    Rollins said the boy's parents did not know not know he was not at home before the incident.

what is going wrong with children and parents.. how did he have access to 3 guns and over 250 rounds of ammunition!!!!

I can't post my personal thought on this, knowing my 11yo daughter lives 20 miles down the road and I objected to my ex moving to this area.... I'd get banned...
    this is so sad
    Justice for Britanee Drexel

oh my! what in the world? It saddens me to read things like this day in and day out. So many questions and so LITTLE answers. Why would a 13 year old have that heavy amount of ammo and guns? Why hide in the ditch? was he scared of someone? was he targeting someone? I just don't understand how at 13 you can 1. FIND the guns and ammo just like that and 2. if you can, where do you get the money for that stuff??

such a sad heartbreaking story. I'm sure the deputy and the parents will be left in agony wondering...while the only answers lay in the 13 year...
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

I am very sorry for the family and friends of this child but I cannot bring myself to have any pity on him. Given the chance he would have taken down the police and probably anyone else who got in his way.
    Happy New Years

Details emerge about teen killed in shootout with deputies
    Harnett County deputy shot; suspect killed

Posted: Today at 11:33 a.m.
    Updated: Today at 12:26 p.m.

Lillington, N.C. — WRAL News has learned the identity of an Overhills Middle School student killed early Tuesday in a shootout with two Harnett County deputies.

The State Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Wednesday morning that the body of 13-year-old Joe Wheeler was sent Tuesday from Harnett County for an autopsy.

Harnett County Sheriff's Office investigators have been examining Wheeler's MySpace page to glean information to explain what prompted the confrontation with deputies outside a Cameron convenience store, authorities said.

A MySpace page for someone by the name Joe Wheeler lists Spring Lake as his address and includes comments from friends saying "R.I.P. Joe!"

The author of the page last logged on Saturday, and his comments included posts about being sad and suicidal and a message that says "death will come shortly for the next person who messes with me in the next week."

more here

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6846679/
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

I would like to know that on earth a 13 year old child is doing sitting in a ditch at 2:25am in the morning with 3 guns and 250 rounds of ammo firing at police. Where the hell are his parents???

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    I would like to know that on earth a 13 year old child is doing sitting in a ditch at 2:25am in the morning with 3 guns and 250 rounds of ammo firing at police. Where the hell are his parents???

While I do not know the circumstances in this case I can tell you that it isn't always the parents fault. I was a very wild child and from the age of 12 -16 my mother had no control over me. I had the best mother in the world and it didn't matter. I wanted to do what I wanted to do and found a way to do it. What was she supposed to do, stand gaurd all night to make sure I didn't sneak out? Bar the windows? There are good parents out there that have bad kids.
    Happy New Years

updated with picture of the 13 yo, looks much older, jmo

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post

updated with picture of the 13 yo, looks much older, jmo
    I agree that he does look older than 13. I was a little harsh in my first post and have had a chance for the story to sink in and I wish that this young man had been able to get help so that his story could have had a better outcome.
    Happy New Years

My heart felt sympathy and concern is focused on the two deputies that were put in such a horrible situation that forced them to kill a child.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Joe Wheeler

I think it's sad that people are so stupid they blame everyone but the right ones for what happen to Joe Wheeler he was a good kid that was tired of being bullied. My child goes to that school they dont care about the children being picked on they let it go on dad after day until these kids cant take no more.Trust me parents talking to them do NOTHING! it still goes on.You cant blame the children of these bullies. Blame the schools the bullies and the parents of these bullies .The only goal these bullies have in life is to bullie. To blame Joe parents for him being out well that's stupid because I remember sneaking out as a teen. I remember as a child being picked on and wanting to die if i had to go to that school one more day.Wishing I could dig a deep hole and jump in and never been seen again. As far as dress and hair goes what does that have to do with anything.When was it wrong to be who you are dress how you want. What a boring world if we all looked the same.There been kids killed because of nice jacket or nice shoes.People like to run there mouth that have nothing to say at lest nothing worth hearing or reading.Like I said my daughter goes to Overhills Middle and knew Joe he was a nice boy not someone in and out of trouble. He was just a kid that wanted to go to school live his life have friends. Not someone that wanted to go to school and get abused everyday of his life. Give this boy a break and his family. I dont blame the police I feel bad for them now they have to live with taking a child's life. It's just a shame that a 13 yr old child felt death was better then dealing with abuse.Now because the schools do nothing a child is gone not the first and not the last but its sad that Joe is gone he was a nice person rest in peace Joe you are loved. You were a person with feelings.Its sad to read all that's wrote about him from people that sorta seem like bullies themselves all the bad things they say about a child they didn't even no. And it come from so called grown up. Now we know were the kids from school learn it from. People should be ashamed.
    Last edited by adnoid; 01-24-2010 at 03:19 PM. Reason: We don't tell other people to shut up.

Kim24md, we are all sorry for your loss. We are all just trying to understand why this happened and what can be done to prevent things like this in the future. Children have to know that this is not the way to solve your problems or we will continue to read stories like these.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by kim24md View Post
    <redacted>

I have no reason to feel ashamed and I'm a tad annoyed you are calling anyone here stupid.
    Last edited by adnoid; 01-24-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Removed edited quote

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin
    Quote Originally Posted by kim24md View Post
    <redacted>
    These forums are not for family or friends...we are allowed our opinion. I'm sorry for your loss, but don't take it out on us. We all put in hours of our time to help solve crimes, give families peace and soothe the world a little bit. It's never our intention to hurt, and I think that is why Linda7NJ was hurt - as was I. We devote ourselves to this organization and helping.

Edited to Add: There are support forums and we can totally empathize with the pain your daughter and community are feeling...but this isn't the place.
    Last edited by adnoid; 01-24-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Edited to Add: Above
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    I think kim24md was just trying to point out that some schools ignore bullying and is very sad that this happened.
    I would also like to add that I think weapons & ammo are way to easy to get from the streets just as drugs are.

Truthful Lies wrote
    These forums are not for family or friends...we are allowed our opinion. I'm sorry for your loss, but don't take it out on us.
    WS's is for anyone and everyone who wants to post as long as we follow the TOS.

This is a very sad situation no matter how you look at it. I wish I knew how to save every child on this earth.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin
    Wonders, there are family support forums that do not discuss...that's what I was saying.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast