First Name: Steven T
Height: 5'10
Weight: 180
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Complexion: Fair
Race: White​
Date of last contact: 12/13/2009

Steven is from ST George UTAH. He was last seen on surveillance video striding away from his vehicle which was parked in a cul de sac in Sun City Anthem, Henderson NV. On Friday, December 11, 2009 at 3PM he assisted two juveniles who were locked out of their home in the St. George area. Between December 11 and December 13 he held two cell phone conversations with friends indicating that he was in the Henderson area. His car was discovered on December 15, 2009 still parked in the cul de sac.

Steven had recently started a window washing job part time and had been handing out flyers. His last financial transaction was on Saturday December 12th when he purchased Christmas gifts at a Kmart in St George.

Here are some links to media and other sites that have been helping to draw attention to Steven's case-perhaps we can draw some of the traffic on the Susan Powell thread to this one to help energize this investigation!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5012614&ref=nf
http://juljef7.blogspot.com/
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14064989
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ing-Utahn.html
http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/22053714/detail.html?taf=vegas

Previous Threads:

Thread #1 Thread #2

I was doing some searches last night & came across some information that LE in LV get 1700 missing person cases a month - which is why it may seem they're not really taking this as serious as we all want them to, but in reality they may just be overwhelmed - How do we push this & make this case stand out & make it a priority? Thanks believe for starting a new thread.

Hi Gang

I am back after taking a few days off (except for a couple random posts here and there). As promised last week, I have started working on a "Question and Answer Sheet" hoping to identify what we know to be fact vs. what we still need answered. Laytonian is going to help me put it in a place that everyone can access - like her timeline.

This may take a little time, I am only halfway through the first thread. Hope to have for you tonight. It won't be anything fancy, just a simple Word Doc.

I apologize for the delay. A family friend passed away, so between supporting the family, visitation and the actual funeral, (oh and taking care of my own family) I have not been able to do much of anything else.

I was doing some searches last night & came across some information that LE in LV get 1700 missing person cases a month - which is why it may seem they're not really taking this as serious as we all want them to, but in reality they may just be overwhelmed - How do we push this & make this case stand out & make it a priority? Thanks believe for starting a new thread.

I don't think anyone CAN make them prioritize one adult missing person's case over another absent any evidence a crime took place. They viewed the video and did a drug sweep of the car. It is just a fact that expending resources in cases like this detracts from their job of investigating known crimes.

Webrocket - thanks for the info makes sense. Okay so how do we get more media coverage?

Naegle would be in the best position to know what the family has done, but I would think contacting the Vegas area media outlets would be a good start. One of the tv stations might run a short human interest segment and it might get some calls coming in.

I know this is probably redundant, and we have definitely been over this multiple times, but do we know if Greg Webb was at that church service on Sunday December 13th? If not, does he have an alibi?

Helix - I think Naegle said she didn't know or wasn't sure. Would be interesting to know if he was.

Webrocket - thanks - I wonder - so would calling them work or emailing the poster to them - or a few of us emailing it to them????

OK-I just received a PM from Naegle accepting the framework we are offering to help them organize on the web...

Laytonian will be the liason between us and the family. Laytonian can synopsize the day and or questions, and then send them off to Naegle via email. I will PM Laytonian with Naegle's contact info just in case you do not have it. So PM Laytonian with anything sensitive you want to ask, and you dont want to post on the board.

We had some offers to do media contacts-can we start with a campaign that includes ST George, Vegas/Henderson and Sacramento? We can write one letter, post it and copy it...I can do it or anyone else who is so inclined can do it. Dreamweaver is familiar with this process-it has served us well with many cases including Jody King and Benjaman Kyle....we can start a thread for contacts so we can keep it separate from the rest of the thread for easy access??

We need to start reaching out to Craigslist and City Data...again we can target St George, Henderson/Vegas and Sacramento. I like to hit "rants and raves" as well as the "community" groups because it reaches a lot of people quickly.

All of you data/computer/cell phone/detective/creative thinkers keep doing what you are doing (I am not instructing-just do not want to leave you out...) cause I am seeing excellent results.

Who wants to do what, please??? You can post it here or PM me as you choose....

As I was falling asleep last night, after reading the passport was missing, I started wondering if there had been calls made to Henderson Taxi services. I haven't read anything about it but I haven't been able to read everything about this case.

Anyone in the Henderson area that can find out how many Taxi services there are in the area and do you think they would still have the information if they picked any one up on that Sunday from Evening Lights, or any house in that neighborhood?

I know this is probably redundant, and we have definitely been over this multiple times, but do we know if Greg Webb was at that church service on Sunday December 13th? If not, does he have an alibi?

The conclusion was we don't know for sure. Naegel said that LE had questioned him and was satisfied that he wasn't a person of interest. That is all she knows. That is all she said the family knows, the end. I don't know who would have the infromation you are seeking except a person from their ward that was in attendance in that meeting and the LE officer/s who interviewed Webb.

Helix - I think Naegle said she didn't know or wasn't sure. Would be interesting to know if he was.

Naegle said she asked and never got an answer. I think she asked Steven's parents to ask, and maybe they are not comfortable pursuing that lead.

Here is the piece from the paper in regards to Webb.

Greg Webb, a good friend of Koecher's in the LDS church, said he called Koecher the morning he disappeared. His cell phone has not been used since, nor his bank cards.

Webb said he asked Koecher to attend a church meeting in his place that day at 11 a.m.

"He said he was in Las Vegas, but would go back [to St. George] if I needed him to," said Webb. "I was also in Vegas so decided to go back myself. I told him just to do whatever it was he had to do and I'd see him later. That's it. I wish I would have asked him to go back to St. George."

How would the conversation go exactly? "Steven I am leaving anyway and already driving, but would you mind going to the meeting for me?" Steven tells him he can't make it. "Oh, you are busy doing whatever it is you are doing. We are good friends, but there is no need for you to tell me what you are doing. I won't ask if it is regards to all the job searching and resumes that I know you have put out. I also won't ask because although you always tell me when you are going to miss church, the fact that you didn't call doesn't worry me."

Webb, who did not know why Koecher was in the Las Vegas area, said his friend always told him if he was not planning to be at church. That Sunday, he never called.

He never called because he "Webb" called Steven pretty dang early to see if he was going to be there and already knew he would not. Very weird that Webb mentioned that. Offering too much information maybe??

"It's one thing that sticks out in my mind," said Webb.

Webb said Koecher, who worked for The Salt Lake Tribune 's online edition from March 2007 until July 2008, had been actively looking for a full-time job and had sent out his r é sum é to a list of possible employers.

So does this mean that Webb knew Steven when he lived in Salt Lake???? I would say that they were good enough friends that Webb needs to be questioned more. And if they were doing their church calling, they would be doing visits weekly, so therefore Webb could give us more details of Steven's travels the week before he went missing.

I just feel that GW knew something about Steven being in Vegas and made up the story about saying, "just do whatever you are doing", so people would not ask more details.

Maybe GW was the referral for where Steven was going?

Does anyone on here have any background info on GW? Maybe I can put out an appeal GW if you are reading this to answer some questions and help us find your "good friend".

Thanks guys, for refreshing my memory. I know it seems redundant but I just have a bad feeling about this guy GW, and maybe it's bad to say it outright on the board rather than PMing but I don't have PM privileges yet. I suspect he is the one Naegle is cautious of and for that reason don't want to talk much about it on here, but I just can't shake this feeling.

EDIT: I posted the above prior to reading CC's post that is right above. I completely agree CC, I am just unsure of the whole situation with GW. I think it's undeniable that he has more information that he is withholding.

Hi Gang

I am back after taking a few days off (except for a couple random posts here and there). As promised last week, I have started working on a "Question and Answer Sheet" hoping to identify what we know to be fact vs. what we still need answered. Laytonian is going to help me put it in a place that everyone can access - like her timeline.

This may take a little time, I am only halfway through the first thread. Hope to have for you tonight. It won't be anything fancy, just a simple Word Doc.

I apologize for the delay. A family friend passed away, so between supporting the family, visitation and the actual funeral, (oh and taking care of my own family) I have not been able to do much of anything else.

Thanks -- I'll pick it up on this thread, since I'm the question "wrangler" now.

It is interesting that the husband of the couple that Steve rented from in St.George said that he found Steve to seem younger than his actual age. Also, they said that Steven was 2 months behind on his rent, and had told his parents that everything was fine with him. So, he did keep some things from them. Must have hurt his pride to accept money from them ?

Believe what if we pull some of the posters off of FB that people have made - they made it for public use - & sent those or emailed those to media. I'm new to this not really sure which avenue should be taken but I would love to help. I won't have a computer from Fri. - Sun afternoon, but I could do something before I leave.

It is interesting that the husband of the couple that Steve rented from in St.George said that he found Steve to seem younger than his actual age. Also, they said that Steven was 2 months behind on his rent, and had told his parents that everything was fine with him. So, he did keep some things from them. Must have hurt his pride to accept money from them ?

I'm trying to catch up on what happened, after I left last night -- so I'll try to put it all in here .

"Laytonian,
Don't want "credit" LOL. But, these two cases are .... spooky.IMO. Fairy, all of my posts are about Steven, it is just so weird that both of these men are last seen walking purposefully towards ... someone ? Forgive me, I am a retired analyst, always looking for patterns in all things"

Me, too! Systems, quality, etc. Now I know why we tend to think alike. I develop information by reading details like timelines and computer lists ;)

I HAVE CREATED A "MORSE" PAGE - if anyone is interested in it, just scroll down to the bottom of the timeline page, and you'll see the word "morse".
Morse's birthday is being reported as either Oct 20th or 30th; Stevens is Nov 1st. Interesting the dates are so close (not years) are so close.
Is information changing?

LOOKING AT THE NCMA sheet:
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A201005786S
They say his car was "reported abandoned" on Dec 14th. Typo?
AFAIK, it was left on the 13th, reported on the 15th and 16th.

THE PASSPORT IS MISSING?
It's natural for his wallet, etc, to be carried. Not everyone carries their passport with them, though. Not sure why that was secret for so long.

I'm adding the "Was it typical for Steven to carry his passport on a daily basis OR when travcelling?" to the Q&A list. Also "Did he carry a Franklin Planner or fold-over portfolio"?

I found this on someoneismissing.com

Chris King - 32
Missing Since March 14th, 2007
Las Vegas Nevada -
height: 5'7'
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel
Weight: 170

Other Info:
Chris was last seen at the Motel 6 on Dean Martin in Las Vegas, NV. He went to Vegas at the end of Jan to play poker. He emailed me around the first of March and said he would be home in a week and no one has seen or heard from him since.

According to the Nevada DMV, anyone who is looking to get a Nevada Driver's license MUST produce their birth certificate, and/or passport. Maybe Steven was looking to move to Vegas ? More chance of getting a job close to his skill sets there ?
If that is so, he was likely looking for a room to rent, in fact, he could get Nevada residency by having the person who rented the room write a letter stating that they had done so. He would just need to get it notarized, and take it to the DMV with him.
Has anyone ever seen those hinky ads on craigslist ? Example : free room and board for " help around the house " or : will rent a room in my home for reduced or no rent. No strings attached " (!) So, I'm thinking that might be what took Steven to the Anthem over 55 community that Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member