NY Inspector Finds Wifes Body Inside Mercedes Submerged In Family Swimming Pool

That is a weird story.

Hard to believe no one heard anything and they didn't notice tire tracks AND that the fence had been crashed through. Why didn't the fence stop her?

It's really weird.

Hinky meter on high here! Something just doesn't sound right here. An NYPD inspector doesn't check his back yard before he heads off to search the town? Nah...where there's hink, there's stink!

I don't like this story at all. Being he is an Inspector, the first place he should have checked was his own Property esp. since his wife had MS and probably could not go far. It sounds like an accident but I just can't trust it due to his behavior. Very sad indeed. I hope LE will investigate more and just doesn't call it an accident and close the case.

I don't like this story at all. Being he is an Inspector, the first place he should have checked was his own Property esp. since his wife had MS and probably could not go far. It sounds like an accident but I just can't trust it due to his behavior. Very sad indeed. I hope LE will investigate more and just doesn't call it an accident and close the case.

Since her car was gone also, then he wouldn't be expecting her to be in the backyard, would he?
Naturally, if the car is gone, he'd think she drove off somewhere.

A friend of mine has MS, she has trouble even feeling her feet, she actually has to drag a foot to move forward with her cane. She also still drives. I think that maybe she couldn't get her foot off the gas pedal and everything happened to fast. IMO. Very sad.

Since her car was gone also, then he wouldn't be expecting her to be in the backyard, would he?

I definitely understand your point and I'm trying to think what I would do if I were in his position and I came home to find my husband missing. I agree that my first instinct, if I didn't see the car at home, would be to believe that he wasn't there. Makes complete and total sense.

I am thinking about this in the context of my own home so obviously, my interpretation would be different than the husband's but I still believe even without the car I would have taken a look around my yard/perimeter of my house.

With the weather we have had the past few days in NY, their lawn should have been soft enough that you would have seen tire tracks in the mud, not to mention the broken shards of ice on the pool.

Why didn't they have a pool cover on, I wonder.

Around 1 p.m. yesterday, Wayne Bax went into his backyard and noticed jagged pieces of ice protruding from the swimming pool and a gaping hole in the pool's cover, police and Wayne Bax's brother said.

This was said in the article, although, if i had worried and reported someone missing I hope I would have looked out back...but that being said...the police didn't even look out back so who am I to judge? it's just very...different? maybe not the word i'm looking for...my condolences to the family

A very strange happening.....sadly the temptation for us is to suspect something based on all the other horrid goings on in the news.....I do believe this is truly an accident.

I am so sorry for the lady and her family.

I believe him. I saw this on the news......showed the car and everything......you could barely see but it looked like she backed up through the bushes and went straight into the pool. Looking out from the house you wouldn't have even seen it...

Very sad.

weird..
unless there's something concrete that says otherwise i think this is an accident.

Cick onto this map, zoom in & select bird's eye view.

The pool is not directly behind the house & the view from indoors could have been obstructed. The smashed fence & tire tracks from the driveway area leading to the pool could easily have been missed by people entering & exiting from the garage.

The story rang everyone's hinky alarm at first, because history has conditioned us to be suspicious.... My cousin took her 2 day old car for a swim in her backyard; she was not injured but almost died of embarrassment. All the neighborhood found out because a wrecker truck with big wench had to pull it out.

http://refdesk.whitepages.com/maps/directions?lower=2&search_id=74211320900962633546

Good point but I still would have checked the house and its surroundings. This would have been my first course of action whether the car was gone or not.

This may turn out to be an accident after all but I do want them to continue to investigate before they close the case.

I don't have a pool so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question, but is it common to leave a pool filled up with water through the winter? I thought they would be drained in the fall.

VB

I don't have a pool so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question, but is it common to leave a pool filled up with water through the winter? I thought they would be drained in the fall.

VB

No, VB, the question isn't stupid. I don't have a pool either but everyone I know who does either drains it in the fall or puts a protective cover over it.

That's why I asked the question up thread why there at least wasn't a cover on it.

No, VB, the question isn't stupid. I don't have a pool either but everyone I know who does either drains it in the fall or puts a protective cover over it.

That's why I asked the question up thread why there at least wasn't a cover on it.

The article clearly says there was a cover on it. The car went through the cover.

VB

Not a stupid question at all. It depends on the pool cover. With older covers that require the water weight bags to hold it in place, the pool has to be drained half way so the cover can fill with water and stay in place. With the newer type of cover, the meshy 'trampoline cover', the pool does not need to be drained at all, though, some pool owners drain about a foot of water out of the pool, but not all pool owners do. This cover is held into place by bolts in the cement around the pool and it is safer for children and pets than the older style of pool covers that were very dangerous if one was to fall in. If they were using the older cover that fills with water, the pool would have been pretty full by now after rain and snow. With either type of cover the pool was probably pretty full.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back