Updating and Human Error

Snufamonbobball

But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou
Reaction score
Just a note to all, NamUs is a great thing, but it can't fix human input error.

Caledonia Jane Doe was just entered into NamUs today (the 21st), but they have her entered as a male. If it's not corrected shortly, I'll contact the NamUs manager to get it done.

I don't know why but sometimes you have to click on the link twice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://identifyus.org/cases/6583

Home Search
New Search Revise Last Search Last Search Results Resources News Room Help
Help FAQ About Contacts NamUs Home
NamUs UP # 6583

NamUs UP Case Number: 6583
ME/C Case Number: 2073-05
Livingston County, New York
13 to 19 Year Old White Male
Identification Potential

Low - Medium
Case Navigation
Case Information Demographics Circumstances Physical / Medical Fingerprints Clothing and Accessories Dental DNA Images Documents Reports Contacts Member Login

Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number 2073-05
NCIC number U-157617149
Date found November 10, 1979 at 10:00 AM
Date created January 21, 2010 at 01:40 PM
Date last modified January 21, 2010 at 02:59 PM
Date QA reviewed January 21, 2010 at 04:04 PM
Demographics
Estimated age Adolescent
Minimum age 13 years
Maximum age 19 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (lbs) 120, Measured
Height (inch) 63, Measured
Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
All parts recovered
Head not recovered
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered
Body condition
Recognizable face

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probable year of death 1979 to
Est. postmortem interval 1 Days

Circumstances
Location Where Found
GPS coordinates
Address 1
Address 2
City Caledonia
State New York
Zip
County Livingston
Circumstances of death
Body discovered by passing motorist in cornfield.

Physical
Hair color Brown
Head hair Curly brown shoulder length hair frosted approx. four months prior to death (in process of growing out)
Body hair
Facial hair
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown
Eye description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clothing and Accessories
No clothing or accessories
Clothing and accessories are described below

Clothing on body boy's multi-plaid button-down shirt, tan corduroy pants, blue knee socks, light blue panties, white exquisite bra, man's red windreaker with black stripes down arm (inside label "Autop SPorts Products, Inc.)
Clothing with body
Footwear ripple-sole shoes
Jewelry
Eyewear

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I ran into three MP reports still up on The National Center for Missing Adults website that had been located (sadly all were deceased), but I contacted them and they pulled them down. I also found a MP on NamUs that had been found deceased, contacted the case manager and they have since pulled her down.

I hate to be preachie, but if we see things that need updating, let them know- it can only help! :)

Snuf

I located over 50 cases in Charley where either the ages, the birthdates, or the dates of disappearance were off by 10 years. There were hundreds more where the discrepancies were only a year or two.

I e-mailed Meaghan with a list of the larger errors, and she promptly corrected them.

I located over 50 cases in Charley where the ages or birthdates were off by 10 years. There were hundreds more where the discrepancies were only a year or two.

I e-mailed Meaghan with a list of the larger errors, and she promptly corrected them.

Thank you for doing that, nothing but good can come from everyone working together to keep files accurate and updated. :) I know I appreciate it anyhow.

I think it would be pretty hard to find a match for Cali on NamUs if she's entered as a male.:waitasec:

I located over 50 cases in Charley where either the ages, the birthdates, or the dates of disappearance were off by 10 years. There were hundreds more where the discrepancies were only a year or two.

Yep, I've seen lots of discrepancies, mostly only minor. Hadn't run across the boy/vs/girl one yet. Let's face it, when us humans are involved mistakes can happen, but I really think standards should be applied NATIONALLY, which could help reduce all that!

Emailed the case manager yesterday about Cali.

It looks like Meaghan's web host has shut down her site.

Charley Project is now inaccessible, and all you get now is a message from Lizard Hill Hosting that either the domain has been overused, or payment is due.

Ouch. Is there anything we can do to help her? Donations, for instance?

If the problem is that she can't afford to keep it up, I am sure that many of us would be glad to pitch in. I certainly would.

I e-mailed her to let her know that the site is down, although I am sure that she already does know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back