1313 users online (288 members and 1025 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Mom Forces Son to Kill Pet with a Hammer

http://www.ajc.com/news/cops-mom-forces-son-280517.html

So sad. I am glad her son told his teacher.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Wow, how awful! I hope she stays locked up.

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    this is beyond sick. Why did she do this?

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    http://www.ajc.com/news/cops-mom-forces-son-280517.html

So sad. I am glad her son told his teacher.
    How horrible. She looks mean as a snake imo.

I too am glad he told his teacher. How could a mother be so mean and cruel?

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

It really is hard to understand how some people's minds work.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

oh my that's horrible. I'm glad he told his teacher. If I were her I would've wanted to just hug him and not let go I'd feel so bad. Of course that probably wouldn't go over well either :/

Quote Originally Posted by jnTexas View Post
    Why did she do this?
    Control issues?

Something else happened during the day that got her riled and the end result was this?

She's outta her ever lovin freakin head?

She was raised up where someone did the same exact thing to her?

Who knows? The boy was brave enough to tell though. Poor kid. Poor hampster. I can't even imagine. She seems kind of like Sybil's mother.

This is so cruel. No telling what kind of other abuse he has suffered from a mother that would force her child to do such a horrific thing. Thank goodness the other people in his life did the right thing.

this is awful....poor boy...sure hope this won't scar him for life. How could a mother do things like this? I can't even fathom that....she needs to be punished well for this !!!! IMO

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    I really can't wrap my mind around people like this. There's no way to rehabilitate them. At the very least, they should be sterilized and never allowed around children again after they do their time. And that's too generous, imo.

Dear God! For those of you who have ever wondered why I have been a member here for so long and yet don't often comment, it is because of cases like this- they disturb me so much that I find I have to leave for a while; there is only so much malfunction I can cope with. I guess I'm very disconnected from reality- I won't allow people to cuss in my house and so I haven't even watched television for many years- why let these people in to cuss when I won't let REAL ones. Things like this are so shocking to me; they are things I have never thought of before! I just know that I have four beautiful children and four beautiful grands and I loved each of them dearly before they were even born. I cannot relate to anyone taking a hammer to any animal and especially not a child's beloved pet. I have no doubt that this child is damaged for many years to come; if not forever. The only bit of hope here- thank God for our teachers who care enough to intervene. I know that, technically, they are required to do so, BUT so many don't and I pray the Lord blesses this one and the boy as well!

GA - Mom Forced Son To Kill Hamster Punishment For Bad

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/22312619/detail.html

WARM SRPINGS, Ga. -- Police have arrested a Georgia woman who they say forced her son to kill his pet hamster with a hammer as punishment for earning a bad grade.

38-year-old Lynn Middlebrooks Geter faces one charge each of animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

Allegedly, Geter also hit her son. Teachers at the school noticed marks on the boy’s neck the next day.

WTF?

I'm speechless............

Anybody care to look up Mom's record?The article says she has one for 'minor' crimes??
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by VespaElf View Post
    WTF?

I'm speechless............

Anybody care to look up Mom's record?The article says she has one for 'minor' crimes??
    Crazy, isn't it? There are better and more effective ways to use as consequences for bad grades. Taking away all electronics (tv, computer, video games, etc. etc.) seems to work pretty well for my 11 year old. WTH did she think she was teaching him by using that kind of punishment?

poor kid
    thank God he told!! I wonder what else she's already done to him.
    I keep thinking about how my 10 yr. old son cried and cried for days when his hamster died. I even cried yes over a hamster.

jmo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast